Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&W or Colour ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Had another go at the edit tried to bring back a little detail in her check. I think she looks a little grey to me now? :O

992929_661056497240444_1026085678_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what happens if you boost the contrast? do you lose the detail on the cheek?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

She's a good looking model and if you'd intended to do a b&w from the start you could set it up properly for that and pulled a cracker.

As it is, it'd be criminal to lose the colours.

One possible adjustment I'd make would be to pull back the saturation/vibrance a bit. The strong colours are great but they overpower her eyes. If you left the colour more natural, the eyes would have more contrast and stand out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I prefer the b&w in this instance because whatever editing you've done on the colour one has made the whites of her eyes yellowish and therefore not as captivating.

PyeContinental. I don't agree at all that all photographs and images should be colour 'just because we can' It's like saying we shouldn't have black cars or undyed hair or clothes that aren't multicoloured because we've discovered how to make dyes and paints. I often take pictures that I know I will never keep as colour. These two for example. I'm not remotely interested in what colour anything was in the subject. I'm only interested in the light and contrast of each image.
    265167.jpg
    265168.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

are you using light room or Photoshop to process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

I love your work Square Balloon. Great examples of B&W only wish i had your skills.
    At Snowie i use lightroom 99% of the time now.

Advertisement