Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Streak to end ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭squonk

Jesus I hope not! Winning Streak is bad enough as is but Marty's a pro and Sinead seems to have a head on her shoulders in front of a camera, and a way with the contestants. I like Marty Morrissey but WS is a step too far IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

According to tomorrows Sun Marty Whelan is to be replaced with Marty Morrissey WTF ? anyway shouldn't winning streaks days be numbered now that an post national lottery company is to be wound up ?

Don't trust the Sun... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If Marty W does go, then Brian Ormond is more likely to replace him than Marty M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

not sure why people wouldn't go on it... Its free money??! Fair enough don't watch it but why you'd refuse free money is beyond me...

alexlyons wrote: »
    not sure why people wouldn't go on it... Its free money??! Fair enough don't watch it but why you'd refuse free money is beyond me...

Anyone who makes it onto the show is guaranteed €20,000, if I'm right in thinking.

If I wanted to win that sort of money on a Saturday night TV show, however, I'd go on one of BBC1's quizzes, like In It to Win It or Who Dares Wins.

:o:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

According to tomorrows Sun Marty Whelan is to be replaced with Marty Morrissey WTF ?
    It's alright, it was a very bad rumour, thankfully.
    squonk wrote: »
    I like Marty Morrissey
    :eek:

• Advertisement

Don't trust the Indo, either... ;)

Not when it claimed that Brian Kennedy would stay on for series 2 of the Voice of Ireland (he didn't), and that Jamelia wouldn't stay on for series 3 (she did).

I'm well aware that the VOI is a different show to WS, but that's not the point. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I never understood why two presenters were needed.

I never understood why two presenters were needed.

Because RTE and the National Lottery suddenly decided, "Winning Streak will work better with a man and a woman presenting together. And no-one will mind..." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

The Big Money Game had one presenter for its first four series (Laura Woods in '08 and Derek Mooney in '09, '10 and '11), before the folks at Montrose and Abbey Street suddenly decided, "It'll work better with a man and a woman presenting together. And no-one will mind..."

hansel_and_gretel_witch_hunters_picard_facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

So goodbye Big Money Game, thanks for giving the aunt who made my life hell 100,000. Long story, but my great aunt's daughter "Young" Doreen (her aunt Old Doreen) was part of a syndicate of Dunnes Stores checkout ladies who won a ticket. She went on, bold as brass, stuffed into a red dress, tanned, blonde hair, and basically went on never mentioning she was in a syndicate. She won, the other ladies sued and it was promptly split.

• Advertisement

So goodbye Big Money Game, thanks for giving the aunt who made my life hell 100,000.

Looks like the Indo isn't wrong here... :eek: :eek:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0306/600537-rte-tweaking-winning-streak/

So, barring any U-turns, six series is the BMG's lot.

Probably just as well, because it sunk almost as low as the Mariana Trench last August when Brian Ormond was joined for one episode by none other than his wife...

Pippa3.jpg

Don't expect its replacement to be any better, though - even if Marty Morrissey does host it.

(And if he does host it, he'll almost certainly have a young female co-host. What odds would you put on Diana Bunici from Elev8? :o:D;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

The national lottery are about to be wound up so why are they planning new programs ?

The national lottery are about to be wound up so why are they planning new programs ?

It's not about to be wound up, it's about to be sold. And An Post will retain a stake.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0214/504354-national-lottery/

So I don't think production of programmes like WS will cease just yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This post has been deleted.

I think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

Albert X wrote: »
    If an post don't win the new 20 year lottery licence will that be the end of winning streak ?

Nope it's back next saturday night.

Advertisement