Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Given how $h1tty and dilapitated the place is I hope they dont turn up the speakers too loud or this might happen

0212_C51.jpg

Ah now :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Buddy of mine was down there 10 mins ago, 3000 pit passes hes number 620, they give you a number and a pass.

Was in the que for 10 mins he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Just make sure you're standing in the middle.:D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Buddy of mine was down there 10 mins ago, 3000 pit passes hes number 620, they give you a number and a pass.

Cheers for all the updates! It says on my ticket - enter via the red route - did you see anything about a red route around?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

prendi was talking to people with pit passes, they are there for all the roll calls,

one guy from Wales has been to the limerick gig, is going to this, and then up to belfast,

some serious fanatics there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Balmed Out wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of people going who wouldn't recognize the guy if he was standing next to them.

you'll always get that when an international star comes to town, no matter what town, whether My Hometown or just down by River....see what I did there:D

leahyl wrote: »
    Cheers for all the updates! It says on my ticket - enter via the red route - did you see anything about a red route around?!

I didnt see signs earlier but that might change throughout the day and once you get closer to the venue.

all else fails, ask a Garda on your way down they should know the story with it or one of the event staff.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

At a guess Id say that is entering on the Marina side.See pic here.Red section is on Marina side.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-cork-07-18-2013/event/1800498499CB212F?artistid=860453&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

At a guess Id say that is entering on the Marina side.See pic here.Red section is on Marina side.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/bruce-springsteen-the-e-street-cork-07-18-2013/event/1800498499CB212F?artistid=860453&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

That's just for the seating though, we're standing. Sure I guess we'll see when we get down!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

The later you leave the less likely you are to get pit passes IMO.

There is Gardai out on some of the barriers on the road around the area, not stopping any cars yet but I imagine later on, closer to the gig they'll be trying stop as much traffic as possible going down the Monaghan road.

Also there could be an entrance on the Marina side, but from my window I can see the back of the stage and just outside the stadium but inside the back enterance, there is a couple of colourful flags which look like the lead into the stadium from enterance on the back of Monaghan road.

Its easy to get to from the city centre or even Ballintemple.

This is where the enterance is and where people are curerntly in a que, there is event staff on the door here in hig-vis vests also so its a promising sign.

http://goo.gl/maps/uDelB

Aiken Promotions will have official car parking at the Marquee site and concert parking will also be available at Cork Constitution rugby ground, Ballinure and St Michael's GAA pitch in Mahon and the Cork Camogie Board grounds on Castle Road.

Bus Éireann will operate shuttle buses, commencing at 12 midday today until 6pm, from Lapps Quay to Páirc Uí Chaoimh. Return from the concert by bus will be on the 202 route at the Ballintemple stops. Extra buses will be provided on the 202 route after the concert.

There will also be a number of road closures. The Marina will be closed from Blackrock Road from 7.30am on Thursday morning to 1am on Friday morning. Church Avenue will be closed from Blackrock Road from 7.30am on Thursday morning to 1am on Friday morning and Monahan Road will be closed outbound from Victoria Road from 7.30am on Thursday morning to 1am on Friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Does he have the actual wristband thing on his arm now or will he get it later when he goes back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭mossie

polydactyl wrote: »
    Does he have the actual wristband thing on his arm now or will he get it later when he goes back?

You get that when you're in the actual queue entering the stadium.

Number on the right hand, red wrist band on the left.

As at 1 o clock the pubs in Ballintemple had a few outside, one of them is putting on an all day BBQ in the beer garden out the back.

Number on the right hand, red wrist band on the left.

As at 1 o clock the pubs in Ballintemple had a few outside, one of them is putting on an all day BBQ in the beer garden out the back.

You're like a reporter! Are you getting any work done?! ;-)

You're like a reporter! Are you getting any work done?! ;-)

If the I.T. Dept checked my internet usage I'd be sacked . :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So u could just wander along now get your pit pass then go back to work and be in the pit later ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    So u could just wander along now get your pit pass then go back to work and be in the pit later ?

Not sure TBH.

I've a couple of buddies going, 2 of them that are off work today have been down getting passes at about 10am and 10:30am.

I'd say the passes would be nearly all but gone at this stage though. The guy at around 10am was number 508 I think and the guy 30-40 mins later was 620.

Not sure TBH.

I've a couple of buddies going, 2 of them that are off work today have been down getting passes at about 10am and 10:30am.

I'd say the passes would be nearly all but gone at this stage though. The guy at around 10am was number 508 I think and the guy 30-40 mins later was 620.

Ah seems to be a lot busier than Limerick queue so.... Ah well, we'll see!

Even looking out the window I can see groups of people walking down the Monaghan road towards the venue every now and again, its nice afternoon for a stroll down if you've the time to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks

No chance 3000 passes are gone at this stage ,Limerick queue had 900 at noon the day of the gig,so just as busy as Cork.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thanks

No chance 3000 passes are gone at this stage ,Limerick queue had 900 at noon the day of the gig,so just as busy as Cork.

Word is 1000 and the last roll call was at 11am and they were left in around 1:30PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Down on Victoria road and there is a nice air around the place. The bars are all open some with seating outside, and there is a few catering vans there too if anyone is looking for food.. Hope ye all have a great time now

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Update. Over a thousand I would say in queue easily at the moment. Very little chance of pit passes even for those of us here I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hope everyone has a great night! He was brilliant in Limerick. You are all in for a treat!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What I presume was his cortege was passing in the South Ring at 4.30, so guess he's in situ now.

What I presume was his cortege was passing in the South Ring at 4.30, so guess he's in situ now.

Yes,

Coming in the from the airport.

BPdx1q3CAAApDWL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

evilivor wrote: »
    Yes,

Coming in the from the airport.

BPdx1q3CAAApDWL.jpg

Coming from tunnel, so possibly heading to airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Drove past the Millennium Park and I'm amazed how clear the music was. The traffic was backing up and there was some parking improvisation going on. It took me back to listening to Michael Jackson by the skew bridge God knows how long ago...

/le sigh

cantdecide wrote: »
    Drove past the Millennium Park and I'm amazed how clear the music was. The traffic was backing up and there was some parking improvisation going on. It took me back to listening to Michael Jackson by the skew bridge God knows how long ago...

/le sigh

Great vibe down on the Marina - huge crowd sitting outside on the grass by the river.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Three and a half hours of absolute fukking magic.
    You haven't lived until you've seen rock'n'roll's most enduring legend play piano with his face.
    Probably the best gig I will ever see.

Advertisement