Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full scope of CCNA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Im also considering doing the 2 pronged exam with the ICND1 and then the ICND2 steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Im also considering doing the 2 pronged exam with the ICND1 and then the ICND2 steps.

It doesn't really make sense doing the single exam.

How do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

If you're new to Cisco then 2 exam route is probably best. If you're a seasoned network engineer then single exam route is most likely the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Personally, splitting the exam makes no sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

T-K-O wrote: »
    Personally, splitting the exam makes no sense to me
    I suppose it comes down to how much networking experience you have. If not; split it. But if you have a handle on it, and use/have used Cisco as part of your job, then you may be suited for the single exam.

the_syco wrote: »
    I suppose it comes down to how much networking experience you have. If not; split it. But if you have a handle on it, and use/have used Cisco as part of your job, then you may be suited for the single exam.

I have quite a bit of networking experience so the one exam could be a possibility. But does Todd Lammle do a one course book?

How do you mean?

The two exams combined are the same cost as the single exam or they were for me. Since each individual exam is not as difficult its far more easy to prepare for them. And if you fail one, its only half the retest fee in comparison to the full one.

I'd do the full exam at this point because I could breeze through it(doing CCNP atm). But for a starter, the single exam makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have quite a bit of networking experience so the one exam could be a possibility. But does Todd Lammle do a one course book?
    I checked Amazon.com (seems there's a lag between .com and .co.uk but didn't see it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bbel121

Hi,
    On the exam you cannot use the tab feature to complete the command nor can you use the ? help feature.

• Advertisement

bbel121 wrote: »
    Hi,
    On the exam you cannot use the tab feature to complete the command nor can you use the ? help feature.

Depends on the simulator. On my last exam(CCNP), I was able to use both.

Advertisement