Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Football Penn St/UCF Game confirmed 2014 in Croker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

Yes it was free last time and I imagine will be again. It was great last time, it was a great mix of US fans and the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

definitely have to try source myself a Blake Bortles UCF jersey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

kev_s88 wrote: »
    definitely have to try source myself a Blake Bortles UCF jersey...

I'm just back from Orlando and UCF merchandise was thin on the ground which was strange considering that's where they're from and they've had probably the most media attention they've ever had with Bortles and winning a big bowl game.

I was hoping to get a tshirt with his name and number on the back but had to settle for just a blank shirt. You'd probably get one online at a site like fansedge or at their own website.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

bruschi wrote: »
    this isnt a GAA event, so it wont be on the hook for anything, nor will they be flogging tickets to clubs. It was a marketing exercise and the operators of the game will be the ones on the hook for anything. The GAA rented out a venue, at presumably a fixed cost, and thats about it. If they sold 10,000 or 80,000 it wouldnt effect them, the promoters of the event just have their margin adjusted accordingly. I'm sure the Aviva was also considered, but have to assume that the promoters of the vent saw the higher capacity of Croke Park and thought they could get more on the additional 30,000 capacity available.

What are you on about, this is a GAA event.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭deisedude

spillit67 wrote: »
    What are you on about, this is a GAA event.:confused:

Ya their marketing of the game seems to suggest it is a GAA run event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Think it was posted earlier in the thread but there's a nice backstory to the UCF kicker.

http://www.ucfknights.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sean_galvin_749725.html

I just hope they don't try and fleece us with the program prices like they did for the Navy/ND game. I normally buy the program of most sports events I go to but at that game it was ridiculously priced so I walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I just hope they don't try and fleece us with the program prices like they did for the Navy/ND game. I normally buy the program of most sports events I go to but at that game it was ridiculously priced so I walked away.

Well then you missed out on a lovely article by Enda Kenny all about the Gathering and how much we're looking forward to gouging all of these Americans for every penny they have. You also missed out on an explanation of the rules of AF, and last but not least, a bunch of information about Notre Dame and Navy that a cursory search on Wikipedia could have told you.

Your loss, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Picked mine up for a bargain ten euro. Yours for only €20 ex postage. The extra charge is for the Carrolls of O'Connell St adverts but when you read them you'll realise €20 was a steal. Quick, bite my hand off before someone else does...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Drunkenly bought two tickets for myself and my mate last night for the Hill. Good times. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone know how I can get a code for the teams fans sections please?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

My two friends and myself are going as well, we decided today we'll be supporting UCF for the crack:) Which seats would be the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

Does anyone know how long this will go on for? Staying in Dublin for the night and want to book somewhere for dinner so just looking for a rough idea. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

noler123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long this will go on for? Staying in Dublin for the night and want to book somewhere for dinner so just looking for a rough idea. Thanks :)

Game is about 3-3.5 hours long so you should be leaving the stadium by 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

3.5 hours!! Holy moly! Thought it would be about 1.5 hours for some reason. As you can probably tell i know nothing about it, got herself tickets for her birthday. Sitting in the Hogan upper so apparently ill be supporting UCF! Thanks johnmcdnl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

noler123 wrote: »
    3.5 hours!! Holy moly! Thought it would be about 1.5 hours for some reason. As you can probably tell i know nothing about it, got herself tickets for her birthday. Sitting in the Hogan upper so apparently ill be supporting UCF! Thanks johnmcdnl :)

3.5 is the long end of the scale of there was overtime but 3 hours is standard length for a game of American football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Any word on the Penn Manor Comets and Cedar Cliff Colts game in UCD?

Can anyone wander over for a looksee or will it be ticketed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

connundrum wrote: »
    Any word on the Penn Manor Comets and Cedar Cliff Colts game in UCD?

Can anyone wander over for a looksee or will it be ticketed?

Where I'm UCD is it on? If it's in the Bowl they could ticket it, otherwise you could assume it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭brick tamland

This isnt under threat will all this Garth Brooks/Residents messing is it. I wonder is an american football game outside the agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

This isnt under threat will all this Garth Brooks/Residents messing is it. I wonder is an american football game outside the agreement?

no the issue is with multiple garth brooks concerts being classified as 1 event. there is 3 non gas events taking place garth brooks, one direction and as far as i know this game is the 3rd so its safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

As well as that, the football game was the first to be confirmed by a pretty wide margin so it shouldn't be the one that has to be called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Just bought some tickets for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Where I'm UCD is it on? If it's in the Bowl they could ticket it, otherwise you could assume it's free.

No idea tbh, info on the match could hardly be more scarce?!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

The game between Penn Manor and Cedar Cliff is on in the UCD Bowl as per thescore.ie. Kick-off is at 7pm. I remember the high school games that were on around the time of the Notre Dame vs. Navy game were ticketed (at least in Páirc Tailteann anyway) so I wouldn't be surprised that it'll be ticketed at UCD too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

some half price tickets, deal till tomorrow, link for the original thread on bargain alerts link

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2smiggy wrote: »
    some half price tickets, deal till tomorrow, link for the original thread on bargain alerts link

Sales must be quite poor if they're resorting that that with about seven weeks to go.

I got the cheapest tickets myself so I can't really complain, but for those that shelled out a significant amount of money on their tickets well in advance, that half price offer must be galling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I paid €50 for my tickets, again I'm happy enough as I got in early and managed to get the very front row up the upper tier, which is pretty much exactly what I wanted, but it doesn't bode well that they are flogging them half price already.

Hope they get 50,000 plus anyway or else the atmosphere will be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,979 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hopefully it sells well. might just that they (ticketmaster etc) may need a cash injection quickly due to the refunds they look like they will be paying out for the cancelled concerts soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Still think this has been horribly misjudged. Croke Park is way too big, and opening the Hill was another disaster. 30,000 max at this I'd think.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Still think this has been horribly misjudged. Croke Park is way too big, and opening the Hill was another disaster. 30,000 max at this I'd think.

I fear the same. Maybe not as low as 30 but even with 40-50,000, Croke Park still looks cavernous. And the American Football dimensions on that huge pitch as well.

Advertisement