Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

egypt about to collapse??

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Palmach wrote: »
    Case in point: Morsi promised one female VP and one Christian VP during the election. Once in he refused. Under Sharia no female and no non-Muslim can rule over Muslims. .

Oh dear ... :o
    President Mohamed Morsy has hired his presidential team, which consists of four assistants and an advisory council of 17 people, presidential spokesperson Yasser Aly announced Monday.

Political science professor Pakinam El-Sharkawy was named assistant to the President for political affairs. Coptic thinker and former Deputy Governor of Cairo Samir Morcos is assistant for democratic transition, Salafist Nour Party Chairman Emad Abdel-Ghafour assistant for community outreach, and Muslim Brotherhood Guidance Bureau member Essam Hadad will be assistant for foreign affairs.
    http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2012/08/27/morsy-appoints-islamist-dominated-presidential-team/

Pakinam El-Sharkawy - Quite clearly a woman
    2791634_orig.jpg
    http://www.isna.net/isna-welcomes-egyptian-assistant-president-el-sharkawy.html

Samir Morcos - Very publically a Copt.

Coptic Christian defends accepting role on Egypt presidential advisory team
    http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/51450/Egypt/Politics-/Coptic-Christian-defends-accepting-role-on-Egypt-p.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Oh dear ... :o

Pakinam El-Sharkawy - Quite clearly a woman
    2791634_orig.jpg
    http://www.isna.net/isna-welcomes-egyptian-assistant-president-el-sharkawy.html

Samir Morcos - Very publically a Copt.

Coptic Christian defends accepting role on Egypt presidential advisory team
    http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/51450/Egypt/Politics-/Coptic-Christian-defends-accepting-role-on-Egypt-p.aspx

LOL! Oh dear is right! Read what I wrote. VP is Vice President. He promised a Copt and a woman. Eqypt got neither. As they say..........epic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Nodin wrote: »
    If you want to take me up on something, you can address the post to me. I haven't gone away, you know.

.....it's a stage of development with region specific features. Monarchies classically justified their rule by religion. In addition -

That grim bit of nonsense was addressed to the Dail in 1951. I don't think it too much to suggest that if one state can move on from that mentality, in time others can also.

Wrong then. Wrong now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Wrong then. Wrong now.

Do please explain.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

LOL! Oh dear is right! Read what I wrote. VP is Vice President. He promised a Copt and a woman. Eqypt got neither. As they say..........epic fail.
    Keep laughing.
    You are just laughing at yourself.

I'm going to introduce what is apparently a new concept you - multiple Vice Presidents.

In short, he promised a female VP and a Coptic VP and kept his promise. Doesn't fit in with your Anders Breivik conspiracy theories does it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Keep laughing.
    You are just laughing at yourself.

I'm going to introduce what is apparently a new concept you - multiple Vice Presidents.

In short, he promised a female VP and a Coptic VP and kept his promise. Doesn't fit in with your Anders Breivik conspiracy theories does it?
    This is one of the lamest attempts at defending the Brotherhood i've seen so far. I don't see what you have to gain by ardently defending a group of liars with very questionable views and motives.

Firstly, an assistant is not a Vice-President. Case in point, Obama has a number of assistants but only one Vice-President. You'll note the title is "Vice President" and not "assistant". There's a big difference and pretending they're the same on the politics forum of all places isn't going to work.

He lied and never made on the promise. A Muslim Brotherhood leader lying, shocking I know.

Second of all, you very conveniently left out the fact that said assistants were nothing more than pawns in a PR exercise. Case in point, the Coptic assistant wasn't consulted in any way before Morsi decided to put himself and his decisions above the law and resigned in November within 3 months of Morsi taking power.
    http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/58981/Egypt/Politics-/Morsi-advisor-resigns-over-undemocratic-Constituti.aspx

So in truth, he didn't even have an assistant let alone a vice president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

There is a one major difference which Nodin (probably deliberately) glosses over. Most authoritarian dictatorships outside the Islamic world are as brutal or even more so than the Islamic ones but they are not doing what they do because god told them to do it. It is the use of religion to bolster an authoritarian agenda that makes Islamic regimes so much more intractable.

There are of course plenty very brutal non-Islamic dictatorships in the world. There are around 10 of such to be found in Sub Saharan Africa. Then there's North Korea and Burma too.

Dictators are not confined to one religion or belief and can come from the secular or religious, the left or the right. For all the talk about repressive 'Islamic' dictatorships, we rarely see Kuwait or Saudi Arabia badmouthed. These 2 are among the more repressive but are considered to be stable, reliable Western allies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement