Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Haven't seen so many ax out on the road in months.....

Go-Ahead have 9 now think they're supposed to into service next week. Never thought I'd see them in TFI colours but here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Csalem

AX 634 on the 16, beside tram 5016:
    50271720752_80cb1e5b1d_c.jpgAX 634 Westmoreland Street 13/08/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've noticed lately there are a number of sg getting new lighting on side and rear and the normal style red light on the rear with the numerous LED in each fitting are replaced with the same single style lamp as the indicator on the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Here is RA233 in the uk. Just flashed up on YouTube it says 6 years ago.

I know that scene from Limmy so bloody well and I never copped the seats or trim. Dammit.

SC 274 on the 190:
    50278377378_19b00db3df_c.jpgSC 274 Drogheda 05/08/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Advertisement

11519 (former SG 120) on the 33A in Balbriggan:
    50286354056_00659fdcbf_c.jpg11519 Balbriggan 29/08/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

VWD 15 on the 101 in Balbriggan:
    50295092007_242bdb6622_c.jpgVWD 15 Balbriggan 29/08/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

12140 in Balbriggan on the 33A:
    50297880453_bc88541d3a_c.jpg12140 Balbriggan 01/09/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Heard on the news there that a bus was taken by a teen out of harristown on Sunday.
    Involved in a crash then also.

Heard on the news there that a bus was taken by a teen out of harristown on Sunday.
    Involved in a crash then also.

Madness! I'd be interested to know how he would have started it as I've heard they are not easy to start thought it happened years ago with an RA/RV ending up in a field in the Noggin and someone who was ex driver robbing a bus from Ringsend then driving the 65 route and picking up passengers.

• Advertisement

GT89 wrote: »
    Madness! I'd be interested to know how he would have started it as I've heard they are not easy to start thought it happened years ago with an RA/RV ending up in a field in the Noggin and someone who was ex driver robbing a bus from Ringsend then driving the 65 route and picking up passengers.

That one was left running and in gear....

Starting and then getting it to drive is another thing, he was either shown or watched drivers doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Starting and then getting it to drive is another thing, he was either shown or watched drivers doing it.[/QUOTE

This person is a certain bus enthusiast known for causing trouble..often sneaking into depots to mess with buses.they just wreck it for the proper enthusiasts out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

Madness! I'd be interested to know how he would have started it as I've heard they are not easy to start

That kind of info can usually be found online quite easily.

ax586 wrote: »

Starting and then getting it to drive is another thing, he was either shown or watched drivers doing it.[/QUOTE

This person is a certain bus enthusiast known for causing trouble..often sneaking into depots to mess with buses.they just wreck it for the proper enthusiasts out there

Ok, think I know the fella

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This article has the most of the details reported to date about what happened at Harristown.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/investigation-teenager-stole-crashed-dublin-bus-1071092

Former Dublin Bus AX 452 on the 917 in Dundalk:
    50308856952_41198e214f_c.jpgAX 452 Dundalk 05/09/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

ax586 wrote: »

Some of the younger spotters are a bit too 'enthusiastic'. I don't give them the time of day because they do my head in - I politely tell them to take a seat if they start making conversation, but I've seen other drivers allowing them to pose in the cab for photos. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some unsuspecting driver literally showed a kid how to start a bus and then it became common knowledge.

They need to make buses more difficult to start - like a Streetlite - I've seen experienced drivers scratching their heads trying to start those things. Not that anyone would want to rob one.

SE 18 on the 100X in Dundalk:
    50313119112_50b784a049_c.jpgSE 18 Dundalk 05/09/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

.anon. wrote: »
    Some of the younger spotters are a bit too 'enthusiastic'. I don't give them the time of day because they do my head in - I politely tell them to take a seat if they start making conversation, but I've seen other drivers allowing them to pose in the cab for photos. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some unsuspecting driver literally showed a kid how to start a bus and then it became common knowledge.

They need to make buses more difficult to start - like a Streetlite - I've seen experienced drivers scratching their heads trying to start those things. Not that anyone would want to rob one.

I don't get it myself. I have an interest in buses myself but I've seen some of these young lads myself and man the amount of information they know is just crazy would know more than most drivers and even possibly management in DB/BE/GAI about each induvidual bus.

I get the whole posing in the cab for pictures if it's young children or even drivers own children/relatives but not teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

I don't get it myself. I have an interest in buses myself but I've seen some of these young lads myself and man the amount of information they know is just crazy would know more than most drivers and even possibly management in DB/BE/GAI about each induvidual bus.

I get the whole posing in the cab for pictures if it's young children or even drivers own children/relatives but not teenagers.

Same here, I also have an interest in it all and take the odd picture, but I wouldn't be going up trying to make small talk with the drivers or asking to sit in the cab.

• Advertisement

Like you guys. I would have had an interest in how buses were run alike with other modes of transport from a very early age.

I just don't know why these young fellas understand the idea that while these PSO vehicles are public property, as we live here, there is a lot of restrictions in place in how the public would be allowed to enter a bus here if they want to use it for their own purpose. They are not entitled to go into a bus whenever they feel like it with no conditions attached. The young lad, in this case, and others like them should have the cop-on to respect these rules straight away while it complies with the law.

If they risk themselves in taking the "initiative" in stealing these buses from the operator's garage on a whim without permission whilst they would have no formal experience of how to drive a bus in getting an official license to drive one; you would know the outcome of their actions straight away if they do it.

They would land themselves in a lot of hot water instantly if they get into serious trouble with the operators in question & from the state.

VG 20 in Balbriggan on the 33X. Behind it is AX 589 which did the 16:05 33 from Dublin to Skerries.
    50320556881_7d1c608dd1_c.jpgVG 20 & AX 589 Balbriggan 24/08/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

VWL 301 on the 167:
    50323336538_3e415af284_c.jpgVWL 301 Dundalk 05/09/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

I've just seen 2 photos of GT159 in the new Dublin Bus Boh's 130th Birthday livery. Unfortunately I have read that some people online have complained about the livery & it was subsequently been taken down. Is this bit of news true?

okeeffe6789 from The Irish Road Passenger Transport Forum took these 2 photos of GT159. I think it looks well.

58f793d8340e65ad9b5759b470d8a374.jpg

0101109762a3ad6e4727d8309bfa2e37.jpg

The NTA told DB to take it off apparently understandable really given Bohs are not the only professional football team in Dublin. Might not go down too well with Rovers or Shelbourne fans.

That's nuts. Seriously it's getting beyond ridiculous, everyone offended because they believe someone else is offended....

That's nuts. Seriously it's getting beyond ridiculous, everyone offended because they believe someone else is offended....

Would say it's more to do with the fact someone might put a brick through the bus because of the ad than just being offensive

Would say it's more to do with the fact someone might put a brick through the bus because of the ad than just being offensive

Could say the same though about any ad.... Pink unicorns, 98fm, rainbow bus etc etc....

They put windows in anyway.

Have to say it looked good on the gt

VWD 1 on the 174B in Dundalk:
    50334208742_f040cfedbd_c.jpgVWD 1 Dundalk 05/09/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

• Advertisement

SC 252 in Dundalk on the 160 to Newry. This bus has previously been based in Ballina and Dublin:
    50337278463_88e322f54b_c.jpgSC 252 Dundalk 05/09/2020 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Advertisement