Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a new pub....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

clio_16v wrote: »

4 euro for a can of Bulmers? Nice profit on that!

Of course its not profit its markup, after all the costs like VAT, labour, accountants, heat and light, rates, staff, glass cleaning, ice, refrigeration, insurance, security etc. etc. are taken out the profit is not so healthy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boom boom boom

you seem to be in a fairly good position i.e premises etc, as stated in another reply many pubs are closing down, so you could use to to your advantage in buying furnishings if you dont already have them.
    How long is it until you plan on opening it?

if its a small pub hot food probably wont be viable cost wise, adequate kitchen, chef wages etc. But sambos and such are a must a bitta soakage makes space for more drink ;)

I think you'll be definitely understaffed, spillages need cleaning, glasses need collecting so a couple of lounge staff will be needed for busy periods i.e evenings/ weekends. And also your the owner im sure it will be hard for you to run the place on your own when the other worker is off, as you will probably have to deal with stock, suppliers, accounts etc

Social media is key as stated by someone else, free advertisement, run competitions get noticed get people liking, and sharing!!

And I hope your factoring in a sports package from a television provider, as i probably wouldnt stay in a pub long if there was no sport i.e racing, football or such on.

thats all only the obvious and tip of the iceberg stuff there, id love to know how your getting on with it, and also if you could pm me the location of where will be, then niches can be looked into.

Advertisement