Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Indian Restaurant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

FTA69 wrote: »
    Holy Cow takeaway is also savage, they have branches all over London and they're delicious. Real good quality grub.

Agree with this, went there a week or two ago for the first time having lived near one for the last three years. It won't be another three years til my next one, excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

In fairness Tayyabs, Lahore and Needoos are really not like what the OP is asking for. They are no frills, unctuous establishments where you're treated like the meat they serve. Food's usually decent - nothing special and certainly nothing approaching gourmet.

Unfortunately OP I can't recommend many places in London that are very nice for Indian food. I went to the Cinnamon Club once in Westminster which was decent. Had an early bird and it was quite good value. Wine's dear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

enda1 wrote: »
    In fairness Tayyabs, Lahore and Needoos are really not like what the OP is asking for. They are no frills, unctuous establishments where you're treated like the meat they serve. Food's usually decent - nothing special and certainly nothing approaching gourmet.

Unfortunately OP I can't recommend many places in London that are very nice for Indian food. I went to the Cinnamon Club once in Westminster which was decent. Had an early bird and it was quite good value. Wine's dear though.

Clearly noone who's mentioned these places is trying to pretend they're gourmet - they're offering the alternative that what the OP considers "great food" and "upmarket" mightn't go hand-in-hand.

Advertisement