Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a good idea to go home?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

Home is home, if you want to make it work you can. Too many doom and gloom merchants around. Theres alot to be said for being near family and friends and, there is jobs if you really need one come home and try it and then decide :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭midnight_train

Hi OP,

I lived in NZ for about 18 months and I was never so happy to leave a place - it just really wasn't for me and I hated being SO far away from EVERYTHING.

Long story short, I came back to Ireland in 2010 and have never looked back. Home is home. Like one of the other posters said, there are some people who will moan about everything. Life is short. Do what makes you happy.

It's better to make the wrong decision than to make no decision at all, so don't let life pass you by.

xx

PS Ireland is a way better place to live, in my opinion :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

I came home last year too from NZ & have no regrets. I've got a good job, actually earning a good bit more than when I left Ireland in 2010. I've other friends who've moved home too in the last year & found jobs pretty quickly & love being back.

It's not all doom and gloom here! I find almost all of the people who whinge about Ireland are the people who've never actually lived abroad.

Advertisement