Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're back in recession!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

bear1 wrote: »
    Ok I get you now :) I thought you meant something along the lines of I cant BARE it or something.
    I'd say at this point, I can see myself removing all my savings from the bank and hiding them under the mattress.. when get paid, remove it all and do the same.

And you'd be right too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder what would have become of the country if the then government had decided not to guarantee deposits/bailout the banks....
    Probably all 3 credit rating agencies would have us as junk status... amazing how things can go from boom to bust in such a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Does this mean beer will be cheaper?
    No, in Ireland everything gets more expensive in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

ScumLord wrote: »
    No, in Ireland everything gets more expensive in a recession.

i bet the black market can sell us dangerous bootlegged guiness and budweiser cheap... might go blind though but the money you save can go towards buying a guide dog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Blame the Public service again maybe ??

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

We're the greatest little broke country in the world. Go us!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Wattle wrote: »
    We're the greatest little broke country in the world. Go us!

We're more broke than Greece?

Ga'wan - This should be in the Guinness book of records :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

the new government have turned the country right around....

360 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Let's all put the Commitments on and have a nice cup of tea.

If only this was the solution to all lifes questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

And it's from RTE

at a time that many have copped to fcuk on to FG. It's just a smokescreen for the plebs who follow RTE Like a bible. Take the news of FG very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

going forward I think we've turned a corner a hundred and ten percent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

going forward I think we've turned a corner a hundred and ten percent. :D

I'm sure there's no corners, Just a sphere - We just keep going around and around!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

bear1 wrote: »
    Well that is a surprise....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0627/459204-cso-recession-gdp/

All this nonsense of jobs being created here, there and everywhere in between.. austerity being the answer to everything and that we are a great example to europe.
    Load of ****e.
    I'd say we are in the ****ter again

Dont worry about it........Enda Kenny doesnt give a hoot....he never did.As long as he and all his "buddies" are all kept in their nice cushy jobs then thats all that matters.

Banks given more powers today to harrass and bully people in mortgage distress and 3 months before a persons house can be taken off them.

But hey,remember what Enda told us all in his address to the nation????

"you were not to blame"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

honestly these economists are ****ing idiots, consumer spending makes up a significant percentage of the economy so why do they tell people [thats a rhetorical question I already know the answser btw] so that when the public hear it they spend less, and so making the situation even worse.

ITS A ****ING FIRESALE

gob****es :rolleyes: :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The thing is, this country would 100 times better if we could for once have a proper government which dont talk bo33ocks 7 days a week.
    I thought they said we would outgrow any other Eurozone nation this year? or was it the next - cant remember.
    Honestly I couldnt give a ****e that the EU is pissed at these Anglo clowns as its us who have to deal with it in the long run.

****ING STUPID ***** THE LOT OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the solution is to increase ****? increase my ****in wages then as well ye *****

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought a can of fanta, 1/4 lb of cola bottles, packet of cheeses twists today. No recession in my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

The numbers are being massaged ..oh back in recession paves the way for the next austerity budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I knew something was up when Dunnes were selling 5 donuts for €1.10 now instead of a €1 for 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Should be out of here come August, Can't wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

charlemont wrote: »
    Should be out of here come August, Can't wait...
    Of After Hours? This is the Hotel California, aint no leaving gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

CJC999 wrote: »
    I bought a can of fanta, 1/4 lb of cola bottles, packet of cheeses twists today. No recession in my house.

Over to your gaff so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I preferred the processions in the older days. The priest walking down the town with his clown suit on and some little lad behind carrying a big heavy looking golden thingy. All the holy people walking behind singing glorious hymns. It really was one of the highlights for all of us little boney arsed bogmen. All the statues of Jesus and Mary, draped in rosary beads outside every second house. Them were the days people. Oh ye and the sun always shone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Yay we can be all pissed off and angry again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Is it a surprise really?,taking money out of the economy to help grow the economy.At the moment we're in my opinion just about in line to help grow our economy in terms of the cuts that have been made (we could probably hit income tax a little harder rather than hitting out numerous stealth taxes,but that's for another day),now is the time for investment.Buy low,aim high.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Look on the bright side, at least the ECB will keep interest rates as they are seeing as we are back in recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Look on the bright side, at least the ECB will keep interest rates as they are seeing as we are back in recession.

I love my tracker, each time I get a letter from the bank that the monthly payments have reduced again I know it's a killer for them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Anyone wrote: »
    We've turned so many corners we are back were we started.

Spot.On. :D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mad m wrote: »
    I love my tracker, each time I get a letter from the bank that the monthly payments have reduced again I know it's a killer for them....

The banks now have the powers (as of today) to force people off trackers...if they are in mortgage distress.

I wonder how Joan Burton and Enda Kenny will feel with having to rehome all the people that are going to lose their homes because of the fcukwhits in the banks being given even more powers and forcing people from their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Never got these austerity measures anyway. The government take more money off me so i have less to spend in the shops so they shops earn less and pay less tax, they also employ less people so no tax there just more people on benefits :rolleyes: give us our money back to spend and we'll pay more taxes and so get out of the dip. Common sense??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

paddy147 wrote: »
    The banks now have the powers (as of today) to force people off trackers...if they are in mortgage distress.

I'm not in arrears, one of the lucky ones! Didn't over stretch myself.

Advertisement