Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're back in recession!

Options
  • 27-06-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭

Well that is a surprise....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0627/459204-cso-recession-gdp/

All this nonsense of jobs being created here, there and everywhere in between.. austerity being the answer to everything and that we are a great example to europe.
    Load of ****e.
    I'd say we are in the ****ter again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Like we were ever out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Cool..

Back on the medication so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Old news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

There's no stoppin' us now !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Be around for a while i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Fuck.................... time to go smoke some more green shoots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

I am working away like a mad man, No recession around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

We've turned so many corners we are back were we started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

bear1 wrote: »
    Well that is a surprise....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0627/459204-cso-recession-gdp/

All this nonsense of jobs being created here, there and everywhere in between.. austerity being the answer to everything and that we are a great example to europe.
    Load of ****e.
    I'd say we are in the ****ter again

Apt username

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Suppose we can forget about the savings from all the deals being pumped back into the economy :confused:

I cannot wait to sink to the bottom its gonna be great

Apt username

Bear1? why?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Does this mean beer will be cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Let's all put the Commitments on and have a nice cup of tea.

up 10 cent next budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

We never left it, the figures from multinationals manipulated the growth figures. The domestic economies been in a constant recession I suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

This has happened about 3 times since our first recession, I think? The last time it happened, last year, it barely made the headlines. The distinction between being in recession or being out of recession doesn't seem to be hugely logical or relevant to anything. The country is f*cked for the moment, regardless of whether the graphs spike a little bit in either direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I will vote for you if you can sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I take those figures with a pinch of salt. Recession is a made up economic term with liitle or no bearing on the real world finances of the general public

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

up 10 cent next budget

Like everything else. How can they expect to see positive consumer spending levels when we're faced with tax increases/benefit cuts/minimal job opportunities?

Even the banks are jumping in and squeezing what precious cents people have by increasing their bank charges.

F*ck us over and let us be the solution. All the while the pathetic morons who run this country have yet to sentence those responsible for this mess.

/rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

We never left it, the figures from multinationals manipulated the growth figures. The domestic economies been in a constant recession I suspect

well 8 quarters without growth is a depression, so we must have pulled out of it at some point.

bear1 wrote: »
    Bear1? why?

A bear market is a general decline in the stock market over a period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭Value Hunter

kjl wrote: »
    well 8 quarters without growth is a depression, so we much have pulled out of it at some point.

Yes but what I'm saying is that although we have shown growth during this period, it has been manipulated by the figures of multinationals operating here. If these figures were subtracted just to get the domestic economies performance, I think it would paint a particularly dark picture economically, which I don't think would be far off depression territory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

I was messing in last post. the squeese in definitely getting bad now. Lock them Anglo boys up I say !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Back in recession?

Some of us never got out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just have just over another year left in this country!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Seems like these tuff budgets are not working, what a surprise. The government hoovering all the money up, clowns have no idea what to do. Once there IMF targets are green everything is fine. Sure what dose it matter if no one has any money to spend in local shops/businesses once the IMF lights are all green we are fine. No doubt we will continue to give money to the Anglo bond holders :rolleyes: . Clowns, can we get someone in that can actually run the place.

A bear market is a general decline in the stock market over a period of time.

Ok I get you now :) I thought you meant something along the lines of I cant BARE it or something.
    I'd say at this point, I can see myself removing all my savings from the bank and hiding them under the mattress.. when get paid, remove it all and do the same.

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be chomping down own brand caviar tonight.

Advertisement