Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prolife Campaign on Protection of Life in Pregnancy Bill Superthread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Shocker, religious fanatics lie to public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Pro-Lifers have never let facts get in the way of saving all the babies for Jesus,why should they start now?

Youth Defence and the like really are a horrible bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Here we go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

then there's this one...
    "The onus to care for the child only applies if the child happens to be born alive. Up to the point the childs head is outside the womb, it can be aborted. I would urge you to read the legislation."

mudderagod...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Facts and logic are rarely used. Its more about forcing your religious beliefs on others for most of them. 39 weeks pregnant? Yes sure you can have an abortion, in fact we'll give everyone one, even if they dont want it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

They lie about lots of things. Its just what they do and its why most normal people just ignore them. Also they believe in sky faeries....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

With this crowd you'd find better facts in a fortune cookie.

Uh oh, they found out about us! If we stay very still they wont see us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

They also delete anything that resembles a debate from their FB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Pro-Lifers have never let facts get in the way of saving all the babies for Jesus,why should they start now?

Whats all this about people against abortion being religious, im not religious but im against murder, which abortion is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

BMJD wrote: »
    They also delete anything that resembles a debate from their FB

In fairness to them,how can they comprehend debate when they spend their lives letting the Church tell them what to think?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Their lies aside, how long is it before abortion can't happen?

2 months should be enough really, after that you should have had enough time to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Hold on there Timmy. There is a significant spectrum of groups, organisations, individuals and others who are against abortion in certain circumstances for a wide array of ethical, scientific, and personal reasons, not just religious. There is in the end an abundance of reasons and arguments why one might not support abortion.

It's silly to target one group and therefore paint all the others with one brush in the way that you're doing, but I guess you have an agenda to uphold. We figured.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Scumbags of the highest order, I'd say the river of dirty money going through that place is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

2 months should be enough really, after that you should have had enough time to think about it.

2 months would be a normal amount of time to find out in the first place. It varies by country- the UK is 24 weeks, though there is or was a campaign to lower it as the age of viability has lowered to about 21/22 weeks in some cases.

Whats all this about people against abortion being religious, im not religious but im against murder, which abortion is.

Murder - The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

1. What is human?
    2. Unlawful, if abortion is legal it is lawful and cant be murder by its definition.

What if you don't know your pregnant by 2 months? or it's a pregnancy that has complications or will have later in the term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭TheFOB

I'm for abortion on demand but in fairness doesn't the bill allow for a termination at any stage if the life of the mother is in danger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I take it you mean when a womans life is at risk? If so she probably doesn't get much time to think about it really and that would be a medical decision.
    elective abortion if I remember used to be three months (although different countries have different legislation)..but that's a different kettle of fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Do you really expect any reasoned debate from a bunch of hysterical church puppets?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    What if you don't know your pregnant by 2 months? or it's a pregnancy that has complications or will have later in the term?

I meant 2 months after they find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

TheFOB wrote: »
    I'm for abortion on demand but in fairness doesn't the bill allow for a termination at any stage if the life of the mother is in danger?

Don't think there are any time limits in the legislation.

Eramen wrote: »
    But yet you cry 'damn those religious folk' from the roof-tops when the topic of abortion arises. One might think that you aren't all there logically either.. Who is influencing your thinking?

They have religious ties all over their website though. A whole section dedicated to John Paul II

I'm shocked at the reactionary, altogether useless comments on the thread so far. G'night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Also abortions will be performed with an axe. And they'll be mandatory. And even women who aren't pregnant will be getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Demonique wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/prolifecampaignireland/posts/10151661857795379

"Did you know the Bill will permit abortion throughout the full nine months of pregnancy?"

When people out that viable fetuses will be delivered early and treated as premature babies two posters (Eilis Mulroy and Mary Flaherty) continually state the legislation allows for abortion through all nine months of pregnancy.

They're entitled to their opinion on public fora although I wholeheartedly disagree with their viewpoint.

What I don't believe youth defence are entitled to is the disgraceful poster campaign that they have launched.

I also find the wholesale mistrust of women by most pro-life campaigners absolutely abhorrent. It's even sadder when this mistrust and misinformation is coming from other women

Eramen wrote: »
    But yet you cry 'damn those religious folk' from the roof-tops when the topic of abortion arises. One might think that you aren't all there logically either.. Who is influencing your thinking?

If the organisation in the op's link is related to the Iona Institute its most definitely a church based organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Laneyh wrote: »
    They're entitled to their opinion on public fora although I wholeheartedly disagree with their viewpoint.

What I don't believe youth defence are entitled to is the disgraceful poster campaign that they have launched.

I also find the wholesale mistrust of women by most pro-life campaigners absolutely abhorrent. It's even sadder when this mistrust and misinformation is coming from other women

Don't think what they say is incorrect,if the mothers life is at risk there can't be a time limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Laneyh wrote: »

Their opinion should only be ridiculed and derided because its stupid, hysterical and totally ill informed bull****. You're talking about a campaign here which has the backing of the worlds largest pedophile ring, who also ironically think they have a moral ground to lecture people about children's rights.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    If the organisation in the op's link is related to the Iona Institute its most definitely a church based organisation.

I know but does that justfy attacking all religions and religious people as a whole as we witnessing on this thread? Do people of religion not deserve an opinion on abortion too whether their opinion is inclined or based on religion or not?

From what I can see a significant number of people who profess a religion actually support abortion, so religion cannot be a litmus test for support/non-support of this issue.

Also there is much talk recently about women who have already had abortions before being a fairly solid group that is highly against abortion, it would make more sense to target them for 'abortion resistance' than a religious person. It's eye-opening that women with this experience have similar opinions.

In any case I sincerely think that the arguments on this issue should be based solely on merit and not on sleazy name-calling from any side. I'm a minority in this line of thinking I know..

Advertisement