Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights Dublin - NY for €365round trip

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If you look up the price of specific flights regularly make sure you delete your entire cache and all cookies etc each time. I've heard that having looked a few times for specific flights raises the price, because you're more likely to buy after the first look.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

If you look up the price of specific flights regularly make sure you delete your entire cache and all cookies etc each time. I've heard that having looked a few times for specific flights raises the price, because you're more likely to buy after the first look.

Cheers for the tip. I'm not very tech-savvy - what's the easiest way to delete that stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This is a rumour that was attributed just to Ryanair but I'm pretty sure it's been debunked: http://www.tnooz.com/2011/04/12/news/why-ryanair-the-cookie-monster-is-just-an-urban-myth/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

MadsL wrote: »
    I have had several long-haul upgrades in my travelling career. Mostly because the airline screwed up. It should not involve pulling teeth.

Given what you described MadsL, I think your folks were fully deserving of their upgrade, though I'm actually quite surprised they got it tbh.

What I'm not at all surprised by is the fact that you had to push very hard to make that happen.

I did find your expectation of an upgrade a little curious however. I'm a frequent-flyer with status on Star Alliance & Oneworld and from what I've observed, upgrades just aren't given out as a matter of course when an airline fcuks up as you described.

Anyhoo, there's a US Airways rant thread on the site below, if you're interested in posting your parents experience.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles/925137-consolidated-us-rant-thread-im-mad-i-hate-how-could-they.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I did find your expectation of an upgrade a little curious however. I'm a frequent-flyer with status on Star Alliance & Oneworld and from what I've observed, upgrades just aren't given out as a matter of course when an airline fcuks up as you described.

I usually call customer services ahead of time to arrange their 'apology'.

I have had upgrades for:
    24 delay - South African Airlines
    Lost luggage - BA and US Airways
    Randomly selected :D - US Airways
    Insane situation with cancelled flight and then refusing to return our luggage - US Airways
    And once or twice upgrade just because I just asked (Asked desk, passed to supervisor Asked them, got through security and asked Zone manager. Result)

I'm firm but polite. And I am damn good at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

MadsL wrote: »
    I usually call customer services ahead of time to arrange their 'apology'.

I have had upgrades for:
    24 delay - South African Airlines
    Lost luggage - BA and US Airways
    Randomly selected :D - US Airways
    Insane situation with cancelled flight and then refusing to return our luggage - US Airways
    And once or twice upgrade just because I just asked (Asked desk, passed to supervisor Asked them, got through security and asked Zone manager. Result)

I'm firm but polite. And I am damn good at it.

You should hear yourself, you sound like a nightmare to deal with.

Advertisement