Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you break religious articles?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

ninja900 wrote: »
    Never broke a statue or anything, but I did secretly burn my confirmation photos :pac:

I wish I'd got around to doing that. Between my sullky expression and the truly horrendous outfit the pics are cringeworthy. Alas, they've already been scanned and uploaded to facebook by a kindly cousin.

Speaking of facebook, the admin from an NI loyalist page took a jaunt to Omeath and plastered union flag stickers all over church property, including over the face of pictures of Jesus. One up for pradastint kulchur, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

i wouldn't break a statue simply for ****s'n'giggles, but i would like the idea of clay jesus shooting.

What has Jesus ever done to you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

What has Jesus ever done to you?

aVZgT.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I lol'd at that Bannasidhe :D

But seriously I was genuinely curious as to weather magicbastarder had a problem with Jesus himself? I think its safe to assume he didn't tell people to molest kids. And I'm sure Jesus would be rather pissed off with the church himself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wouldn't be shooting the *actual* jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I lol'd at that Bannasidhe :D

But seriously I was genuinely curious as to weather magicbastarder had a problem with Jesus himself? I think its safe to assume he didn't tell people to molest kids. And I'm sure Jesus would be rather pissed off with the church himself.

They completely misinterpreted his 'suffer the little children' remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I have repaired 'religious' statues

So, where exactly did you go on holidays last year??

120823SpainRestoration_6577287.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Being the pover that i am, i have had the dubious pleasure of purchasing several used cars over the years - almost all come with a sticker of padre fúcking pio gurning out of the back window. First thing i do is peel the bastard off.
    That's how i roll :D

LittleBook wrote: »
    So, where exactly did you go on holidays last year??

120823SpainRestoration_6577287.jpg

Granada and Macroom. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

almost all come with a sticker of padre fúcking pio gurning out of the back window.
    the local spar has padre pio tax disc holders for sale. i'm considering buying one for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Being the pover that i am, i have had the dubious pleasure of purchasing several used cars over the years - almost all come with a sticker of padre fúcking pio gurning out of the back window. First thing i do is peel the bastard off.
    That's how i roll :D

The first over-125cc motorbike I bought had St Christopher badges stuck onto the frame on each side. They immediately fell off for some reason.
    Anyway wasn't he de-sainted in the 1960s or something?
    Grenada

fyp

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

ninja900 wrote: »
    The first over-125cc motorbike I bought had St Christopher badges stuck onto the frame on each side. They immediately fell off for some reason.
    Anyway wasn't he de-sainted in the 1960s or something?

fyp

Technically it was Órgiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Was given some tatty iconography by a neighbour when I was confirmed. Never hung it up like you were meant to but couldn't throw it out for superstition. I reckon my full emergence as an Athiest was achieved when that block of wood went in the bin 4-5 years later.

Technically it was Órgiva.
    at the bottom of las alpujarras? lovely spot; i've a relative who is a walking tour guide up there.

at the bottom of las alpujarras? lovely spot; i've a relative who is a walking tour guide up there.

That's the place. The day we arrived we got invited to an 'inter-faith' all day picnic with ethnic music and religious speakers by some lovely Muslim people.

We didn't go...

i've holidayed further up into the mountains, in one of the white villages. walk out the door, and within 50 yards, you're surrounded by olive groves, fig groves, sweet chestnut trees, persimmon trees, etc. etc.

i've holidayed further up into the mountains, in one of the white villages. walk out the door, and within 50 yards, you're surrounded by olive groves, fig groves, sweet chestnut trees, persimmon trees, etc. etc.

It's a lovely spot. We had quince, fig, orange and lemon trees right next to the patio and amused ourselves in the evening feeding the chickens - chickens are psycho!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

i wouldn't break a statue simply for ****s'n'giggles, but i would like the idea of clay jesus shooting.

Marvellous idea. You could also have clay Mohamed shooting using pork bullets so that the blasphemy would work on a number of levels at once.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Waste of good pork tbh.

Advertisement