Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it all about? Seriously. FFS.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Had both the best pizza and worst pizza in italy
    Best in Parma
    Worst in Bologna

I'm not a pizza snob though- id make do with a pepporoni Goodfellas if Ididn't feel like cooking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Does she stand behind you hinting, "Is your eye itchy? It looks itchy." Or cutting up onions?

She makes me cut up the onions too. Some days I can't see from dawn to dusk:(
    Sarky wrote: »
    I live round the corner from some of the best pizza in Cork. ^_^

Living near Shandon St., or was there a pizza place I missed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'd love some pizza now :( Heavy on the pepperoni and herbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Living near Shandon St., or was there a pizza place I missed?

Pretty near, yeah. >_>

I went out for lunch to get a nice sammich and a cuppa today. I wanted spicy beef, but was told they'd just run out. I was saved from my heartache though by a cunning staff member who offered to make me the same sammich with chorizo instead of beef. Omnomnom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Sarky wrote: »
    Pretty near, yeah. >_>

I used live over on the Boreenamanna road, but I regularly travelled to Pope's Quay for my perscription doses of pizza and beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

All this talk of good food has reminded me that I don't eat bad food too often. I'm off for a taco fries so :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

smokingman wrote: »
    All this talk of good food has reminded me that I don't eat bad food too often. I'm off for a taco fries so :D

I just had a double tranny and 2 meat patties from KC's.*

* a Cork icon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KnapperHandy

Enjoy it while you can - you'll be chewing brimstone in hell!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Spicy brimstone, or plain?

Hello Charming Person.
    Don't believe I have had the pleasure of encountering you before.
    How nice of you to appoint yourself as my culinary coordinator but no need. All is under control for I am forewarned because I once had a Cajun meal in Hull which is pretty much the same thing. It was interesting.

• Advertisement

Nice one!:D:D

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I just had a double tranny and 2 meat patties from KC's.*

* a Cork icon.

What de bedivil is a "double tranny"? <not being from or ever understanding Cork and all...>

I couldn't help myself,but rest assured,I'm one of you guys!:)

What de bedivil is a "double tranny"? <not being from or ever understanding Cork and all...>

For some reason the 'Transylvanian' or 'Tranny' burger is not on their menu (http://www.kcandco.ie/hamburger.html) anymore but it is a classic. It is the perfect garlic burger.

For some reason the 'Transylvanian' or 'Tranny' burger is not on their menu (http://www.kcandco.ie/hamburger.html) anymore but it is a classic. It is the perfect garlic burger.

Hefty claims! What proof do you bring to the table to substantiate this "perfect" moniker?

Hefty claims! What proof do you bring to the table to substantiate this "perfect" moniker?

40 years of eating them.

I have eaten garlic burgers in 5 continents, in both hemispheres, on both shores of the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Indian oceans and the best I have ever had come from a chipper 10 minutes walk from where I grew up.

40 years of eating them.

I have eaten garlic burgers in 5 continents, in both hemispheres, on both shores of the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Indian oceans and the best I have ever had come from a chipper 10 minutes walk from where I grew up.

Subjective arguments will get you nowhere...what's in this thing?

Subjective arguments will get you nowhere...what's in this thing?

Beef, enough garlic to attract the attention of the VAT man, a bun... anp some form of binding agent like an egg so the beef = burger not beef = fried mince plus some seasoning.

The proof is in the tasting, trying to explain it in words is like trying to explain the colour purple to Ray Charles.

The proof is in the tasting, trying to explain it in words is like trying to explain the colour purple to Ray Charles.

Well you see Ray, it focuses mainly around the experience of women in 1930's Georgia. Already got Georgia on your mind? Good! Right. It starts of with Oprah something or other, and the guy from Lethal Weapon. No, the older one...

Ray - :cool:

endacl wrote: »
    Well you see Ray, it focuses mainly around the experience of women in 1930's Georgia. Already got Georgia on your mind? Good! Right. It starts of with Oprah something or other, and the guy from Lethal Weapon. No, the older one...

Ray - :cool:

ffs you forgot about Whoopi Goldberg.

See - it's not easy!

• Advertisement

I thought I was the only one daft enough to be still up at this hour?!? What's your excuse? I came home to find d'aul laptop still on and logged in. Gonna regret it tomorr- well, later today...
    :)

I thought I was the only one daft enough to be still up at this hour?!? What's your excuse? I came home to find d'aul laptop still on and logged in. Gonna regret it tomorr- well, later today...
    :)

Woke up in the middle of a hypo so downing a large orange juice to combat the ol' low blood sugars.

:(

Ain't biology a bitch...

Might I suggest a biscuit to go along with your beverage? Not that we're food obsessed of course...

Ain't biology a bitch...

Might I suggest a biscuit to go along with your beverage? Not that we're food obsessed of course...

I decided to go back to bed as I was in no state to be logged on to anything on d'interweb. .. and we had no biscuits.

Grand now :D

Beef, enough garlic to attract the attention of the VAT man, a bun... anp some form of binding agent like an egg so the beef = burger not beef = fried mince plus some seasoning.

Egg is vitally important in a burger I have to admit.
    There was a place on Richmond street across from my second year diggs in college that had one called the "Belly Burster" and oh myyyyy it was tasty - haven't had anything like it since but the place must have changed hands at least four times since along with the recipe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There is absolutely no need for any binding in a burger.

Good quality mince is all you need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Gbear wrote: »

I use eggs and arrowroot. But I do not use cow.

Gbear wrote: »

When you are cooking them on the scale needed in a business like a chipper there is.

I don't know what their exact recipe is - I am making an educated guess based on years of experience working as a chef. I do not taste cereals or other bulking agents, I do taste quality beef and the way the burger holds together makes me say egg binding but not an excessive amount.

Advertisement