Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time Shotgun Licence

Options
  • 23-06-2013 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I am applying for a shotgun licence for the first time. I have 2 questions:

- how many rounds should I put in the form considering I will do clay pigeon shooting and it is my first application? Obviously I would like to buy ammo in bulk for a reduced price but wouldn't want the application to be refused.

- should I bring the form to my garda station in person?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

- how many rounds should I put in the form considering I will do clay pigeon shooting and it is my first application? Obviously I would like to buy ammo in bulk for a reduced price but wouldn't want the application to be refused.
    Between 750 - 1,000. This amount is more than acceptable for clays, and game. Also state how they come in batches of 250 per slab, and that you only visit your dealer once a month so need this amount to sustain you between visits.

I've not heard of an application being refused for seeking too much. usually it's a case of the Super giving a lower amount than requested.
    - should I bring the form to my garda station in person?
    Yup.

Also ask for a hand written and signed receipt from the person at the does if it is not your FO. This way you have a record it was handed in.

Best of luck with it.

What you going for?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Cass wrote: »
    Best of luck with it.

What you going for?

Thank you Cass!

I am going for a Beretta 686 Silver Pigeon 1.

Lovely gun. Perfect for game, and well able for the odd burst of clays.

Let us know how you get on.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Keep us posted.

On your app are you putting down you are a member of a range or are you getting farmers letters.

Keep us posted.

On your app are you putting down you are a member of a range or are you getting farmers letters.

Will do.

I put down myself as member of a range.

• Advertisement

Well if your a member of a clay range this can only make your case stronger for a higher allowance off ammo. When you bring the form in speak to the FO yourself and just say it to him he will give the vibe straight away. When I am talking to the FO I always start off by asking can I get a bit of advice of him on it. I think it sounds like I'm being a little bit more respectfully towards his job and position. It's worked for me anyway.

Lovely gun by the way hopefully it shoots well for you, they are hard to beat.

I prepared my application and handed it over at my local garda station Today.

The man went through the numerous pages and asked a couple of questions.

The application will be passed on to a Super who is located in a different garda station.

I asked for a receipt but he didn't want to give it to me. Instead he gave me his name.

To be continued ...

I asked for a receipt but he didn't want to give it to me. Instead he gave me his name. ...

Never do. I go in with one printed out, and get them top sign it.

Anyway it's off now so let the clock start.

Keep us updated on your progress. Hopefully it'll quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Also state how they come in batches of 250 per slab, and that you only visit your dealer once a month so need this amount to sustain you between visits.

This is what I did for my second license. (first one I asked for 500 and got 150:() My father tried it himself last year, stating clays as the reason for 1000+ rounds, even got himself an extra safe which he stated would be solely used for said allocation.... No luck, came back with 150...

Now he has a few licenses so technically he is allowed hold that much anyway, but it was more an experiment on that front before I did my second one...

I stated exactly what Cass said and added in clear print something along the lines of "Please contact me on "phone number" if there is any concerns over the allocation blah blah blah.... as I have genuine reason for asking blah blah blah " and that we have a separate safe etc etc.

I was lucky enough to actually catch the FO in the station when handing in the form, so I made sure to point it out and he added his own sticky note which was a good sign that he was listening and the license came with the amount I asked for.

I should note that my house was called upon for an inspection about 2 weeks after my license came and particular attention was taken to inspect said safe for ammo. Maybe that was a factor in the decision, I don't know.

Best of luck with the application anyway, fingers crossed it won't take too long! Nice choice of gun too.. I have a III myself. The silver pigeon is a nice gun. There is a few amongst my family and only good things to say about them. Best of luck and safe shooting

A few days after I applied, I got a call from my local garda station, they were impressed with the application. They wanted me to provide another document (proof I didn't do anything wrong in my country of origin) which I did. They they called one of my referee who I believe said good things.

Now 3 weeks after that, no news ...

• Advertisement

Don't worry lad just wait it out easyer said than done I know.

It's a sign it's being processed. You'll not hear a word until either the receipt or grant letter arrive.

It's a sign it's being processed. You'll not hear a word until either the receipt or grant letter arrive.

I got a letter Today, my application has been successful.

Thank you Cass!

Got the licence a few days after paying the fee.

Only thing is the number of ammunition I am entitled to is 100 (I requested for 10 times this amount)

The whole point was to be able to buy in bulk and spend less money over time.

* I wonder how this can be reevaluated.
    * btw: do I need a separate safe for the ammo. A gun has to be stored in a safe, how about the ammunitions?

Could be a thing where they though it was to much for your first application.

No matter what happens now your first step is to call in and speak to the FO he will tell you the crack and will increase it for you if he can or deems appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The advice that you should put down 1000 or 750-1000 is bad advice. Supers thinks this is a "try-on" This was all explained to me.

Most will not give over 500, some around 250.

I got mine raised to 1000 by writing a nice letter, explaining my reasons, I got phoned up, agreed with an extra safe and was given it ( The safe was asked for on renewal with a different super).

if you put down 1000, you will be given anything from 100-250 unless you provide a reason.

dont treat them like fools that just mindlessly follow forms

Bad Advice???????????????

Every post above has explained that if you request 750 - 1,000 to write a letter and explain why. Asking for 750 - 1,000 is NOT bad advice, it is advice. If the OP does not need it then don't ask for it, but if he does then why would it be bad advice to ask for it?
    Boatmad wrote:
    This was all explained to me
    What was, and by whom?

I have two shotguns licenses, and both have 1,500 on it. This talk about not many give over 500 is pure fiction. Everyone, and i mean everyone i shot with has a minimum of 750 on their licenses. The commissioner's guidelines even state the perceived acceptable level of ammo for a gun depending on it's use which for clay pigeon/targets is 750. More can be applied for if you can give a reason as everyone above has stated.

I have two shotguns licenses, and both have 1,500 on it. This talk about not many give over 500 is pure fiction. Everyone, and i mean everyone i shot with has a minimum of 750 on their licenses. The commissioner's guidelines even state the perceived acceptable level of ammo for a gun depending on it's use which for clay pigeon/targets is 750. More can be applied for if you can give a reason as everyone above has stated.

This is just nonsense.

Everyone I shoot with , has typically 500 or less on there license. The Super has stated to several on occasion that unless there is specific justification , his maximun is 500.
    The commissioner's guidelines

are not worth the paper there are written on, as supers pick and chooses whats useful to them .
    More can be applied for if you can give a reason as everyone above has stated.

I didnt say more couldnt be asked for.
    What was, and by whom?

The relevant super, who explained that people just put this stuff ( number) in without any justification

The point is what I was addressing was (a) a newbie to shooting arrives, fills out a FAC1 , sticks 1000 ( advice) on , gets 100. Thats what happened to teh OP. It would have been better to ask for say a slab amount 250 , or add a nice letter justifying it. If you cant justify it why are you asking for it in the first place.

What people forget here , is you have no "right" to anything, everything must have a "a good reason", just wanting it, isnt a good reason.

BoatMad wrote: »
    This is just nonsense.
    Which part? What i have, what my shooting friends have, the commissioner's guidelines, etc. Be more specific.
    Everyone I shoot with , has typically 500 or less on there license. The Super has stated to several on occasion that unless there is specific justification , his maximun is 500.
    So what you're saying is your Super is restrictive. So based on that you criticise others advice. now that is nonsense. Plus the Super is wrong. He can issue whatever amount he likes and 500 is not a legal or even a "commissioner friendly" number.
    are not worth the paper there are written on, as supers pick and chooses whats useful to them .
    That old line.

I applied for 1,500. Gave a letter with the reasons for it, and quoted the commissioner's guidelines. Was granted exactly what i asked for.
    The relevant super.
    So you mean YOUR Super not all Supers as you stated above.
    Boatmad wrote:
    Most will not give over 500, some around 250.
    The point is what I was addressing was (a) a newbiw arrives, fills out a FAC1 , sticks 1000 on , gets 100. Thats what happened to teh OP. It would have been better to ask for say a slab amount 250 , or add a nice letter justifying it. If you cant justify it why are you asking for it in the first place.
    The OP said the reason for the gun was clays. You know anyone shooting clays with 100 on their license. I don't. I'd go through a slab in half a days shooting. So his reason was valid, and he supported this application with a letter and face to face with the FO. The fact it's a first time license has no bearing on it. There is not legal limit to the amount of ammo only what the Super deems appropriate. This also applies to first time licensees or lads with 20+ years under their belt. If the reason is valid they can apply for what they want.

So if your Super is basing his decision on ammo amounts on the person's license status (first time, etc), and ignoring the commissioner's guidelines then he is at fault and you have been sucked into his line of thought.

Plus i've spoken to, know , and read here, lads that have applied for various amounts of ammo, given the letters of support and still been granted 100. 100 is the minimum amount on PULSE. If they make a mistake or don't bother to change it then it's printed at 100. How many threads on here have been about the license with the wrong amount? A call to their FO in 99% of cases had a re-print with newer, higher amount.
    What people forget here m, is you have no "right" to anything, everything must have a "a good reason", just wanting it, isnt a good reason.
    For firearms, and licenses. However the OP was granted his license, and firearm and this license ENTITLES him to carry and use ammunition appropriate to the gun. The amount, as said above, has no legal limit. So while you have to write a letter of support there is no legal justification for any Super to refuse any amount requested. The only reason there are not court cases is the cost and most times the issue can be resolved with a quick call or chat to the your FO.

You have the cheek to criticise others advice and label it as bad, when what you are "advising" is based on the piss poor information you have regurgitated from your Super who is not conforming to the law or the guidelines in his decisions. The worst part is you have, in essence, agreed with what i and others have said that a letter of support for the ammo is necessary and don't either see it or know it.

one last time
    The OP said the reason for the gun was clays. You know anyone shooting clays with 100 on their license. I don't. I'd go through a slab in half a days shooting. So his reason was valid, and he supported this application with a letter and face to face with the FO. The fact it's a first time license has no bearing on it. There is not legal limit to the amount of ammo only what the Super deems appropriate. This also applies to first time licensees or lads with 20+ years under their belt. If the reason is valid they can apply for what they want.

100 clays , I just completed a clay competition , where 6 of the competitors have less then 200 rounds on their licenses, two had 100 rounds. They simply bought boxes as they needed them. ( very few had 1000, though some had it via multiple licenses)
    So what you're saying is your Super is restrictive. So based on that you criticise others advice. now that is nonsense. Plus the Super is wrong. He can issue whatever amount he likes and 500 is not a legal or even a "commissioner friendly" number.

Of my friends that shoot, spread over 4 diverse counties , two in the west, Most have small to medium amounts on their licenses and there supers have varying policies as regards amounts of ammunition. The "Super" isnt wrong, he can set whatever policy he's desires, within the framework of the law, The commissioners guidelines are just that, guidelines (remember the line from pirates of the Caribbean).
    So if your Super is basing his decision on ammo amounts on the person's license status (first time, etc), and ignoring the commissioner's guidelines then he is at fault and you have been sucked into his line of thought.

He merely pointed out to me in a phone concerning my 1000 rounds, that he has a very jaundiced view of people looking for high volumes of cartridges. IN most cases people cant afford to "go through a slab in half a days shooting". most people go to a clay range and might use 4 boxes at best. a slab and clays is over a 100 quid, few doing that on a regular basis. And I find my Super extremely reasonable and rational, he reviewed my request , sort additional security and was more then happy if I met him half way.
    For firearms, and licenses. However the OP was granted his license, and firearm and this license ENTITLES him to carry and use ammunition appropriate to the gun. The amount, as said above, has no legal limit. So while you have to write a letter of support there is no legal justification for any Super to refuse any amount requested. The only reason there are not court cases is the cost and most times the issue can be resolved with a quick call or chat to the your FO.

Of course there is a legal justification, You think the SUper is acting outside the law, get a grip. The whole firearms law is based on " good reason". If for whatever reason, the Super decides a limit is a limit , he or she is fully within the law to restrict the amount as they see fit . Is anyone seriously arguing that point. Again , you are not "entitled" to anything.

The issue of "raising " the license limit cannot , in general, outside of a mistake, be sorted by a "quick call" . The procedure is to resubmit an FCA1, pay a further 80 euros and justify the license conditions changes.
    ignoring the commissioner's guidelines

I think its great that the commissioners guidelines are being ignored, most of them are far more draconian then the law, ( see carrying firearms in a car etc) Thats document should be scraped as it goes far beyond the firearms acts.

There are no court cases , because the courts in Ireland have no power to issues licenses, You can have a judicial review, and have a refusal struck down, but the court cannot force a Super to issues a license or amend a license. ( as those with high calibre licences are finding out)
    However the OP was granted his license, and firearm and this license ENTITLES him to carry and use ammunition appropriate to the gun. The amount, as said above, has no legal limit

It only entitles him to be in possession of a legal limit as stated on his license, ( he can "use" as many as he likes) .Once the amount is stated it is the legal limit as far as that person is concerned at that time.

You have the cheek to criticise others advice and label it as bad, when what you are "advising" is based on the piss poor information you have regurgitated from your Super who is not conforming to the law or the guidelines in his decisions. The worst part is you have, in essence, agreed with what i and others have said that a letter of support for the ammo is necessary and don't either see it or know it.

You give your advice, I give mine, its an Internet forum , Remember the value of advice on the Internet you pay nothing for is.......

I merely state that it is bad advice to simply put 750-1000 down , unless you back that type of request up with justification,. The fact is loads of applicants get much less then that number, therefore the advice to "simply" fill in a big number is bad advice.

Furthermore I really detest the anti-police attitude displayed by sections of the shooting community, had we had a better attitude instead of throwing babies out of the pram, we wouldnt be in the mess we are today.
    The worst part is you have, in essence, agreed with what i and others have said that a letter of support for the ammo is necessary and don't either see it or know it.

In your immediate reply to the OP, you never mentioned writing a supporting letter, you just said "750-1000", what happened ?

"Only thing is the number of ammunition I am entitled to is 100 (I requested for 10 times this amount)"

. SO was your initial advice good, I dont think so.

I am familar with at least 10 people since the new licenses where issued that did the same things and got the same result, Hence IMHO the advice to just "stick 1000 on" is not good advice. QED

I didnt attack you , please dont attack me , debate the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The issue of "raising " the license limit cannot , in general, outside of a mistake, be sorted by a "quick call" . The procedure is to resubmit an FCA1, pay a further 80 euros and justify the license conditions changes.
    Firstly, it'd be an FCA2; secondly, it's completely within the Super's authority to alter the limit and he doesn't need an FCA2 to do it.
    There are no court cases , because the courts in Ireland have no power to issues licenses, You can have a judicial review, and have a refusal struck down, but the court cannot force a Super to issues a license or amend a license. ( as those with high calibre licences are finding out)
    This has been incorrect since the 2006 Act was passed and the District Courts were brought into the equation. If the Super refuses a licence and the applicant successfully appeals in the DC, the DC judge can order the licence be granted (you'd be correct in thinking that the 2006 Act ended the persona designata status of the Superintendents).
    A HC judge, on the other hand, doesn't have that authority (but you'd be in front of a HC judge only in a JR case anyway, so he wouldn't be looking for that option).
    Furthermore I really detest the anti-police attitude displayed by sections of the shooting community, had we had a better attitude instead of throwing babies out of the pram, we wouldnt be in the mess we are today.
    Amen to that...
    ...but on the other hand, the phrase "Problem Superintendents" is not one we invented or proposed for general use - that was done by the Firearms Policy Unit in the AGS...

He merely pointed out to me in a phone concerning my 1000 rounds, that he has a very jaundiced view of people looking for high volumes of cartridges.
    Why?
    IN most cases people cant afford to "go through a slab in half a days shooting". most people go to a clay range and might use 4 boxes at best. a slab and clays is over a 100 quid, few doing that on a regular basis.
    Are you serious.

I can buy two slabs of cartridges and get a box of clays for just over €100. A slab should be no more than €50. However allowing for paying more you pay no more than €13 for a box of clays so that is €87 for a slab of cartridges? That is beyond silly and anyone paying that for clay cartridges is beeing ripped off.

Secondly you don't bring clays to a clay shoot. Whether practicising or competing you bring your ammo to the range.
    Of course there is a legal justification, You think the SUper is acting outside the law, get a grip. The whole firearms law is based on " good reason". If for whatever reason, the Super decides a limit is a limit , he or she is fully within the law to restrict the amount as they see fit . Is anyone seriously arguing that point. Again , you are not "entitled" to anything.
    /sigh

You are still missing the point. I am not arguing the point of the Super's authority to place a limit on the amount of ammo. I am saying your attitude, which still mirrors the party line you were fed, that 100 - 2000 is perfectly fine and no more is needed is rubbish.

The OP requested 750 - 1,000 and was grant 100. The license was granted for clays and the average amount for that is 750. Now here is the bit you have overlooked. The empties your "mates" have in their possession are classed as live rounds. So if they simply buy another 100 and have even 1 empty they are in breach of their license and guilty of an offence. So having a larger number is not about live rounds but both live and fired.

If your Super was as "in touch" as you make out he would understand this, but in your own words he is prejudiced. I have a large allowance. Not to have thousands of live rounds, but so if i have a large number of live rounds (tins of 525) and empties i am not in breech of my license conditions by having both.
    Yes it can be. I've done it. Have a read back therough some threads over the years were lads said they rang their FO and he sorted it for them there and then.

Only recently i got a sub back with my ammo of 100 on it. I rang up, got it sorted and had a new license printed with my original 1,000 limit on it.

The process for a moderator is the same. Apply with an FCA1 and pay the €80. Now ask how many lads that did not apply with their gun license how much they paid to have their mod added to the license afterwards and the amount that had to pay the €80 is small, very small.
    I think its great that the commissioners guidelines are being ignored, most of them are far more draconian then the law, ( see carrying firearms in a car etc) Thats document should be scraped as it goes far beyond the firearms acts.
    The Commissioner's guidelines are used when necessary and ignored when it does not suit. As has been proven in court cases, applications, and endless threads here where lads were "beaten over the head" with them when they have no real power. However you are dealing with a person in a uniform, not a processing machine that sticks rigidly to the law so there i always going to bee cross over. To believe otherwise is naive.
    Wrong.

A judge has the authority to direct a Super to issue a license which is basically the same as them issuing one. Thy can make a Super do it. It was made possible through the 2006 Act where the Super's personna designata status, which left the final decision with them, was abolished. Meaning before 2006 no one (not a higher ranking Garda, judge or politician could make them do it) but now it can be done though the district court mechanism.
    It only entitles him to be in possession of a legal limit as stated on his license, ( he can "use" as many as he likes) .Once the amount is stated it is the legal limit as far as that person is concerned at that time.
    Your once again are missing the point. You have agreed with me, and then switched topics.

I know you can only have the amount on your license. What i'm saying is you are ENTITLED to have ammo, appropriate to your license. The amount is defined by the Super, but he has no legal basis to limit it to a specific amount. There is no law, act or SI that states he can legally make it 100 and you can do nothing about it.

Now understand what i'm saying before you argue a non point. He can impose a limit, but has no legal basis to pick one number above all others. It's a decision and not written in stone, and can be changed.

This is where the commissioner's guidelines come into play. They were written as a guide for Gardaí for the practical implementation of the firearms act. In it is states for target shooting 750 is acceptable. So the Super's BOSS says this is fine so why would he decide it's not other than your previous comment about him being skeptical, and prejudiced.
    I merely state that it is bad advice to simply put 750-1000 down , unless you back that type of request up with justification,. The fact is loads of applicants get much less then that number, therefore the advice to "simply" fill in a big number is bad advice.
    No one "simply" said anything like that. The OP asked how many and based on my experience, and usage along with the fact of having enough on your license to cover live rounds as well as empties and finally a small bit more to allow for the fact you might not get what you want 750 - 100 is perfectly acceptable.

I have seen serious clay shooters with 5000+ on their license. I've seen .22lr shooters with 5000+ on their license. I seen one lad with 10,000 on his but that is a large amount even by my standards.

The fact you and your friends shoot, buy, shoot, buy, etc is fine for ye, but not for me. How many of the ranges you shoot at have RFD licenses for them to sell ammo? Or allow an RFD to be on the premises selling ammo? I;d be more interested in that.
    The Gardaí have grown and nurtured this attitude off dissent due to the predominantly anti gun attitude. Now not all of them by a long shot, but once again unless you've had your head in the sand the last 5 years you cannot say we have been treated rightly, fairly and with the level of respect we are due. We have been walked on, trampled on, and largely ignored.

Then the associations that are ore interested in power grabbing or being heard the loudest instead of sitting down and talking are the cause. Not the individual shooter(s). The articles written in the papers, magazines, and on websites slating the Gardaí have only added fuel to this fire.

We have many active members of An Gardaí here, and the majority of An Gardaí are either indifferent to the current situation or work to the law. However the old attitudes of some still lingers. look at the court cases that have been held over the last 4 years. The same one you mentioned above. Are you telling me that the Gardaí were completely right in their decision there, and the lads that wanted to KEEP their guns were wrong or somehow not fit.
    In your immediate reply to the OP, you never mentioned writing a supporting letter, you just said "750-1000", what happened ?
    I wrote;
    Cass wrote:
    Between 750 - 1,000. This amount is more than acceptable for clays, and game. Also state how they come in batches of 250 per slab, and that you only visit your dealer once a month so need this amount to sustain you between visits
    So i told the OP to STATE a number of supporting facts. Between this thread and others started by the OP i have been following his progress, and discussed writing a supporting letter. He did not need clarification as to what i meant when i said the above, but apparently you do.
    Boatmad wrote:
    "Only thing is the number of ammunition I am entitled to is 100 (I requested for 10 times this amount)"

. SO was your initial advice good, I dont think so.
    More to the point you are uninformed. My adive based on my previous postings with the OP, hispreviopus treads, and what he said with my response were erfectly in line.

Your response was one of folowing your Super's party line and very poor in terms of usefulness to the OP.

100 cartridges for clays. That is the biggest joke i've heard in a while.
    I am familar with at least 10 people since the new licenses where issued that did the same things and got the same result, Hence IMHO the advice to just "stick 1000 on" is not good advice. QED
    As you put it at the start "One more time". I gave my number with the reasons for it. The OP knew why and was fully in tune with what was being discussed. You are not and are coming into a debate with half facts, poorly read posts, and regurgitated facts from your Super as though they are Gospel.
    I didnt attack you , please dont attack me , debate the issue.
    I am debating the issue. Your misunderstanding, misreading, poor interpretation of the thread, and your lack of knowledge are all adding up to a sum of poor advice.

Also your continued defence of a petty amount on your friends license with the excuse that "they buy as they shoot it" is one of the worst i've heard in some time. You then say my advice is bad, when your own is laughable. So if you take my rebuttal of your posts as an attack then i';m sorry for you but that;s your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mikeyboo

imo.depends on the super you have aswell the one we have has a habbit of taking off a 0 or 2 off the number you look for ,but on the 1st one just take it as it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

My God, it seems some people have waaaaay to much time on their hands.

Don't know what ye're giving out about, but when was anyone ever refused cartridges by a firearms dealer because he was buying way more than what was specified on his licence.

The super where I am will only allow 200 cartridges for hunting for a substitution I'm trying to get at the moment(for the last 2 months). I couldn't be bothered arguing with him I have 1000 on my other licence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Don't know what ye're giving out about, but when was anyone ever refused cartridges by a firearms dealer because he was buying way more than what was specified on his licence.

I'm not sure what you are saying here but it looks like you are saying it doesn't matter what's on your licence as the firearms dealer will sell you more than that. Is that what you mean?

Because if it is, then you are getting into dangerous territory because you could will wind up in trouble if you are caught in possession of more than your allowed ammo limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

My God, it seems some people have waaaaay to much time on their hands.
    No, but they're making comments in public where the AGS read...
    Just because you drove at 110kph on the M50 in a 100kph zone and got no ticket does not mean there isn't a legal speed limit; it just means you weren't caught. Same deal here with buying more cartridges than your licence allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Sparks wrote: »
    No, but they're making comments in public where the AGS read...
    Just because you drove at 110kph on the M50 in a 100kph zone and got no ticket does not mean there isn't a legal speed limit; it just means you weren't caught. Same deal here with buying more cartridges than your licence allows.

Do want you want to, but don't keep shouting about it.

Advertisement