Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barclays Premier League Betting Saturday 17 August 2013

Options
  • 23-06-2013 6:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

This thread is for Barclays Premier League betting for the opening day only and to include in game discussion,Possible Transfers and Managerial Changes.

Saturday 17th August

Arsenal V Aston Villa
    Chelsea V Hull
    Crystal Palace V Tottenham
    Liverpool V Stoke
    Man City V Newcastle
    Norwich V Everton
    Sunderland V Fulham
    Swansea V Man UTD
    West Brom V Southampton
    West Ham V Cardiff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭akthung

Can't wait for it, d--it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Anyone have anything on

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

Utd supporter but considering taking the 7/2 available on Swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Utd supporter but considering taking the 7/2 available on Swansea

That 7/2 on Swansea is very tempting.

My main bet at the moment for the first day in the Prem is a first goal scorer combo. I've had some success with these in the past and they can pay very well if they come off (just they rarely do!)

All the new boys ....

Bony First Goal Swansea v Man United
    Van Wolfswinkel First Goal Norwich v Everton

If Soldado comes I'll have him in there too. No odds up yet but I think this could fetch a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scatman carruthers

Wow didn't know Van Wolfswinkel had joined .class talent he should notch up a fair few goals this year

• Advertisement

Yeah he's signed on the dotted line a while back for them. I have him sitting in my fantasy team already waiting to go. I really think Norwich could do well this year .

Thinking about the Swansea United game I think I'll hit the Swansea win and BTTS for that. I think United should get a goal at least although Swansea might have the final say. Interesting to see what the odds are when they go up.

The price on Swansea has risen to 9/2

I will wait a little to see if it rises further but considering Swansea single and mixed with Chelsea -1 against Hull when it's available.

One concern on Chelsea with the Spanish national team playing in South America a few days before, Mourinho admitted he may not start those lads for the first game. Mata of main concern, Torres not so much. They should still have more than enough to bring a handicap in against Hull at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Liverpool corner kings to rise again

I'm gonna go with swansea and villa on asian handicap!

That 7/2 on Swansea is very tempting.

My main bet at the moment for the first day in the Prem is a first goal scorer combo. I've had some success with these in the past and they can pay very well if they come off (just they rarely do!)

All the new boys ....

Bony First Goal Swansea v Man United
    Van Wolfswinkel First Goal Norwich v Everton

If Soldado comes I'll have him in there too. No odds up yet but I think this could fetch a good price.

hey dio, what book do you usually use? i'm on the hunt for the best odds, too, though i bet on asian handicap and 1x2 most of the time. i find it too risky to bet on first goal scorers.

• Advertisement

akthung wrote: »
    hey dio, what book do you usually use? i'm on the hunt for the best odds, too, though i bet on asian handicap and 1x2 most of the time. i find it too risky to bet on first goal scorers.

I always use Powers or bet365 for the first goalscorers market, accumulators, specials etc. Powers anytime coupons are extremely handy too for a small flutter. Powers have started a W-D-W and BTTS coupon now too which is something that will save me a lot of time as I go for that market a lot in doubles. I have my betfair account also for more serious single bets to usually get the better price. I am going to sign up to Coral this season also as they have some great markets. I use WilliamHills sometimes also as they offer match result and match goals combo market plus a few other great markets. Some of the other lads in here with accounts in other bookies can probably advise you better to I don't have a massive collection of accounts under my wing. Just remembered I have a Boyles account too but I rarely use it. The goal assist market is there but I never bother with it. For the Asian markets you mentioned I always took them on bet365 but there are probably better sites.

I never do a first goalscorers double or treble for more than 2 or 3 euro usually, except on odd occasion if I have a really good feeling about it might stretch to a whopping 5!. I do them every week during competitive football though. I've had one in particular pay off really well but usually they're just for sheer interest in the games.

Maybe it's because it was the first bookies I signed up to but I find Powers the best interface to get around. Bet365 does my nut in, gotten used to it's navigation now but I still think it's really awkward and a beast to run as it's written in so much flash (my laptop is a bit dated :()

edit: last part should have been posted in the season long outright accum thread.

After all that I forgot the reason I originally came in to this thread was to post a bet I took that may be of interest ..

Team to score most goals on first match day on Powers

Chelsea 9/2 .. they play Hull at home. I took 20 on this.

Places a cheeky 2 on Swansea 35/1 and 3 on City 6/1 :)

Maybe it's because it was the first bookies I signed up to but I find Powers the best interface to get around. Bet365 does my nut in, gotten used to it's navigation now but I still think it's really awkward and a beast to run as it's written in so much flash (my laptop is a bit dated :()

Thanks! Think I'll try paddy on some goalscorer markets and accumulators one of these days...just a small stake. I have a 365 account too but I mainly use it on tennis outrights. Too many markets there in football often drive me nuts. LOL! So far I mainly use sbobet (link to site if you haven't heard of it)which was introduced to me in another thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056953428) . I find it pretty easy to navigate and they got some of the best football odds too on asian handicap. Satisfied so far but I'm still looking for other markets to dabble with other than 1x2 and hdp ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

After all that I forgot the reason I originally came in to this thread was to post a bet I took that may be of interest ..

Team to score most goals on first match day on Powers

Chelsea 9/2 .. they play Hull at home. I took 20 on this.

Places a cheeky 2 on Swansea 35/1 and 3 on City 6/1 :)

If your team scores the equal most goals is the bet void or a loss?

Sounds like a bookies market to me if i'm honest

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    If your team scores the equal most goals is the bet void or a loss?

Sounds like a bookies market to me if i'm honest

Fair point I'm not sure what happens in a dead heat it says 'Singles Only. Applies to Premier League Matches for weekend August 17-19. All weekend Premier League games count including Monday. Rule 4 May Apply. Dead Heat Rules Apply.'

I just took it as I fancied Chelsea to put a good few past Hull first game in and possibly City too against Newcastle.

Anyone seen the top team goalscorer market in 365? does 'win only' mean a refund if they lose? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Am I insane doing a double on Norwich/Swansea at 12/1???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

leggit wrote: »
    Am I insane doing a double on Norwich/Swansea at 12/1???

Yep. Not sure why people think Swansea might beat Utd. :confused:

Raoul wrote: »

Because Swansea are a good team and strong at home, United have lost their driving force over the past 20 odd years , have signed nobody and have had quite a poor pre season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal V Aston Villa
    Chelsea V Hull
    Man City V Newcastle

all +2.5 if I was going for an accu, or maybe just three home wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Arsenal win and BTTS at 2.7 will be my main bet for the weekend.

Also Chelsea (-2), Man City and Sunderland DNB at 4/1 deserves a few pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Liverpool corner kings to rise again

****ing awful odds for that pool v stoke game

Raoul wrote: »

i don't think it's impossible for swans to beat united, given united's preseason form. also, a handicap would give them or rather you a better chance of winning. haha.

Headshot wrote: »
    ****ing awful odds for that pool v stoke game

Same for Arsenal v Villa!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thinking of lumping a fair bit on Spurs away to Palace. Reckon theyll win very easily.
    Maybe double with Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bultip

Some great opening games. Liverpool has ambitions for top four, and kept their top player Luiz Suarez which will get rid of all his negative energy in this game against Stoke City. Stoke City plays very defensive football until the first goal they concede. I expect Liverpool to score in the first 20 minutes of the game their first game and win the game with 3:0.

Another great bet is over for the game between Arsenal and Aston Villa. Two very great attacks with top forward players. Three goals is the minimum that will be scored, over 3,5 goals is also a nice bet.

Sunderland - Fulham is an under 2,5 goals, Fulham with their defensive game and Sunderland, lacking a good attack.

Also I would add wins for Manchester United, Tottenham and handicap win for Chelsea.

First game for Moyes and he would like to start his career in Manchester with a win. Swansea is not from the toughest opponents and is way out of the class of Manchester United.

Tottenham has new players in their squad, key ones in the face of Soldado and Paulinho. If their game is even on 60-70% of their aiblity I expect a win against Crystal Palace as their performance would be the key for the win.

For Chelsea not much should be said. Great players, great ambitions, against the modest Hull City on Stamfford Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Was in Ladbrokes today and on a whim put €5 on one of their Soccer Saturday Yes/No offers

Arsenal to score three or more goals? YES
    Norwich or Everton winning at half-time? YES
    West Ham to beat Cardiff? NO
    Three or more goals in West Brom vs Southampton? NO
    Both teams to score in at least four 3pm games? YES
    Any goal after 89th minute in any 3pm games? NO

Probably could have gotten better odds as an accum online, but 33/1 seems decent enough

Bultip wrote: »
    Some great opening games. Liverpool has ambitions for top four, and kept their top player Luiz Suarez which will get rid of all his negative energy in this game against Stoke City. Stoke City plays very defensive football until the first goal they concede. I expect Liverpool to score in the first 20 minutes of the game their first game and win the game with 3:0.

Another great bet is over for the game between Arsenal and Aston Villa. Two very great attacks with top forward players. Three goals is the minimum that will be scored, over 3,5 goals is also a nice bet.

Sunderland - Fulham is an under 2,5 goals, Fulham with their defensive game and Sunderland, lacking a good attack.

I take it your a Liverpool fan!

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I take it your a Liverpool fan!

Nah, just objective view. The team has ambitions, as I was following what the main people in the club are saying but I don't expect them to finish even in top 5. If they sell Suarez they would finish 8th or 9th. And as I expected the team played great in forward plan, but the lack of luck didn't get me the handicap win. It was Liverpool at Anfield against Stoke City after all.

Advertisement