Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly v Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

garv123 wrote: »
    The sight itself wont even load :(
    Cant get access to the listen live link

Having the same problems. Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Here's a direct link to the WLR stream (you might need to wait a minute before it starts streaming):
    http://www.wlrfm.com/templates/wlrfm2011/listenlive.php

Here's a direct link to the WLR stream (you might need to wait a minute before it starts streaming):

Sound man I was panicking fiercely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Isn't working for me :( absolute disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Isn't working for me :( absolute disaster.

Garv, see can you listen live on mid103 website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Try tune in radio app.

EireIceMan wrote: »
    Garv, see can you listen live on mid103 website?

Life saver,

Feck you WLR

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Commentary on RTE Radio too.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Goal chance within 30 seconds could be crucial!

I switched to RTE. God that midlands accent :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Goal for Shane Dooley

What a sickener - disaster! O Keeffe fumbling it - and then Lawlor - never play the ball across your own square!!!

Molloy down injured

Sounds like a very serious injury for Molloy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

I switched to RTE. God that midlands accent :P

I listen to him for the lols.
    'ITS A GOOOAAALLL', followed by 'no sorry, twas to the right and wide'.

Offaly fouling the forwards a lot it would seem. If a few more pick up yellows we'll get chances.

Sounds like two good goal chances gone a begging by the sounds of it.

HT: Offaly 1-6 Waterford 0-13

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Waterford 0-21 Offaly 1-14

Poor second half performance.We had the wind in the second half and should have made more of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DeiseJon

Anyone else think James McGrath was very biased? And why was a westmeath ref doing in charge of this game when the winners were playing westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

DeiseJon wrote: »
    Anyone else think James McGrath was very biased? And why was a westmeath ref doing in charge of this game when the winners were playing westmeath?

From a Waterford perspective he gave us absolutely nothing. Denied a stonewall penalty.

Don't know how he managed to give out 6 or 7 yellow cards in a game where there was hardly a dirty stroke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

Biased would be about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah we'll all be accused of being biased ourselves if we criticise the ref but my wife was with me and she couldn't give a crap about hurling and even she said the same. I don't know was it intentional or not but he favoured Offaly a lot. How he didn't give that penalty I'll never know. Also some outrageous frees not given and allowing play to continue with Jamie Nagle down injured when he'd stopped play for 7 minutes when Molloy was injured (rightly so). Offaly go down and score a point from the position where Nagle would have been!

Luckily it didn't affect the result in the end but it was a very poor performance from McGrath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Its crazy that a ref could be biased like that in an intercounty senior hurling match. Id understand a ref giving a free for a team 10 pts down against Kilkenny but what went on today in a match against two evenly matched teams was ridiculous. The ref is supposed to be impartial, this needs to be looked at seriously by the powers that be. This cant go on in the GAA, its too common.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Keanes Road

WumBuster wrote: »
    Its crazy that a ref could be biased like that in an intercounty senior hurling match. Id understand a ref giving a free for a team 10 pts down against Kilkenny but what went on today in a match against two evenly matched teams was ridiculous. The ref is supposed to be impartial, this needs to be looked at seriously by the powers that be. This cant go on in the GAA, its too common.

Apparently waterford had registered their displeasure with the refs performance in the game v Clare. The Gaa dismissed their claims and appointed the same ref for yesterday's game. If true, you could see why we got very little.

He is a very poor ref at this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Apparently waterford had registered their displeasure with the refs performance in the game v Clare. The Gaa dismissed their claims and appointed the same ref for yesterday's game. If true, you could see why we got very little.

He is a very poor ref at this level.

That alone is shocking, that a county would lodge a complaint against an official and that very same official thr be assigned to that county's very next game. Doubly so when the refs own county play the winners.

The GAA would really leave you scratching your head sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DeiseJon

Sure you could complain till next Christmas to the GAA and still get no where. Refs are a lucky draw .. they all too often decide games. Brick was clearly fouled and was given a free against among many very poor decisions he made.

That penalty that was denied would have taken a lot of pressure off and would've made waterford win the second half instead of drawing it.

I worry about betting activity on games like these and how all to easy it might be to affect a result with a dodgy ref. They seem to be able to get away with anything and still referee next sunday. Ask anyone from louth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement