Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offaly v Waterford

Options
  • 21-06-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit sickened i won't get to see this one on the telly as their showing the soccer instead so can anyone tell me if there's a website or anywhere else for that matter that I can see the game?

Would love to see it as I reckon it could be the game of the weekend.

Thanks in advance for any help, or ideas.

BTW as regards the game, Offaly look like they could give this game a real shot, but I reckon the Deise's experience will see them come through by a narrow margin. I certainly wouldn't doubt Offaly's ability to win this, but I suspect Waterford will win it by 2/3.

Whatever happens, its a crying shame that either of these two teams will be gone from summer hurling before the end of June.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

imo this will be a cracker.offalys performance against kk gave them renewed hope as did coolderrys and kilcormacs progress in the club championship in the last couple of years.waterford are favourites and rightly so but for some reason i can see a shock on the cards.it will take a big performance from the brick(again) and the likes of predergast and kevin moran moran to see them through.it could be the most evenly contested game this summer,im predicting offaly by 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I'm going for a narrow Offaly win here. They like playing at home and will relish the chance to beat a team like Waterford there. I lthink Waterford are really struggling without Mullane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Loving everyone writing Waterford off. Everyone seems to forget Offaly are a very average division 2 team who only managed 9 points v KK. Them beating Waterford would be a big shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

so would waterford beating kilkenny or winning the all ireland Andos

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

Loving everyone writing Waterford off. Everyone seems to forget Offaly are a very average division 2 team who only managed 9 points v KK. Them beating Waterford would be a big shock.

its not so long ago since waterford lost a munster final by 7 goals a better waterford team than whats playing today, waterford can't look down at any team even if they are division 1 B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone know ticket prices for the game? Thinking of going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

An upset more than a shock.Waterford are no great shakes at the moment and this is a big chance for Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

so would waterford beating kilkenny or winning the all ireland Andos
    its not so long ago since waterford lost a munster final by 7 goals a better waterford team than whats playing today, waterford can't look down at any team even if they are division 1 B

Jesus you really have a stick up your arse about waterford

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Anyone know ticket prices for the game? Thinking of going.

15 at the gate I think

Chinpool wrote: »
    15 at the gate I think

Stand price the same?

• Advertisement

Stand price the same?

Pretty sure it is

Chinpool wrote: »
    Pretty sure it is

Even if it's not it'd only be an extra fiver or tenner. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I'm not looking down on anyone. I just think there's nothing to fear from this Offaly team. Even with all the recent departures from the Waterford panel and injuries I think that Waterford 15 is better than Offaly's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Really annoying that this is not on TV, also the Kilkenny v Dublin game tomorrow not on TV also is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

cat in the sack, stop posting just to wind up other posters - two threads you have done it on now to try and get a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Will highlights even be on The Saturday Game?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Absolute joke.

After three football games on RTE last weekend I was expecting to see some Hurling this weekend. The only hurling being shown is on TV3 tomorrow! RTE are showing 1 football game this weekend and then next weekend another three Football games.

Did they not release figures themselves that showed Hurling got more viewing numbers despite less games broadcast last year?? Why on earth would they favour a sport that's probably less interesting than Cricket over Hurling?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

Really annoying that this is not on TV, also the Kilkenny v Dublin game tomorrow not on TV also is a disgrace.

I have only just realised this and cannot believe it! I think it will be a great game.Then to make matters worse the Cork v Clare game will be on tv3 tomorrow! I prefer RTE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I think a lot of the people tipping Offaly are doing so based on the Kilkenny game and on being at hime. No doubt the home advantage is a big help but I think people don't really fully get that Offaly were quite a bit away from a Kilkenny team that is likely to imrpove a lot or certainly will need to in order to live up to the expectation of them this year.

Early on, Colin Fennelly was through on goal and he was denied by a thrown hurley. Should have been a penalty. Cathal Parlon was lucky not to be sent off. If both those things had happened, would have altered the result a lot. Added to that, Offaly got two goals in the last ten mins to stay within 5. If Kilkenny needed to they could have pulled further clear. Also were missing Michael Fennelly.

Against Clare I feel we faded badly and improvement is certainly needed. But there's a pretty blatant inconsistency in that plenty of people will tell you that Clare are their favourites for Munster (or they'll certainly tell you they've been tipping them all year if they do win it) and at the same time turn around and say Waterford are struggling badly.

We were on top for a good portion of that game and a few things cost us. Puckouts I believe, not having a ball winning half forward line, poor wides. Two of those three things have definitely been addressed, and I just see too much quality in some of those forwards to hit those wides again.

Shane Walsh is still a major loss and Dooley, Bergin, Slevin, and Currams are all good forwards. Not convinced though, and I know people think Offaly beating Waterford would be shock and that there all such great armchair pundits, but at the end of the day it can't be shock when everybody is saying there's a great chance of it happening and plenty of people saying they think it will happen. Waterford can't be anymore forewarned, I expect and hope we are suitably prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well, I might have a limited knowledge of both counties, but I did a little preview for livegaelic yesterday evening and I reckon Waterford will win.

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/aihc-qualifier-preliminary-round-preview-offaly-vs-waterford/

Offaly fought well against KK, but the truth is that they only scored 4 points from play in the entire game. Okay, that's the best team in Ireland and they did get 4 goals...but the Waterford defence is hardly weak, and they're going to be forewarned. Home advantage will help...but I reckon Waterford will have too much for them...they haven't turned into a bad team overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Well, I might have a limited knowledge of both counties, but I did a little preview for livegaelic yesterday evening and I reckon Waterford will win.

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/aihc-qualifier-preliminary-round-preview-offaly-vs-waterford/

Offaly fought well against KK, but the truth is that they only scored 4 points from play in the entire game. Okay, that's the best team in Ireland and they did get 4 goals...but the Waterford defence is hardly weak, and they're going to be forewarned. Home advantage will help...but I reckon Waterford will have too much for them...they haven't turned into a bad team overnight.

Why would you preview a game when you have limited knowledge of the teams playing in it.

Why would you preview a game when you have limited knowledge of the teams playing in it.

Well, I did a bit of research.... obviously compared to someone from Offaly/Waterford, I wouldn't know as much. But having played both teams recently, I can give a general, neutral outline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Well, I did a bit of research.... obviously compared to someone from Offaly/Waterford, I wouldn't know as much. But having played both teams recently, I can give a general, neutral outline.

You just didn't really sell your own preview there!

Making a nice few pound off the proper punter on the LiveGaelic website though so kudos all round

You just didn't really sell your own preview there!

Making a nice few pound off the proper punter on the LiveGaelic website though so kudos all round

I'm sure I've written better (and worse)... I think it's alright.

Point is... I don't think Offaly have the scoring power to beat Waterford. And it's not 2007 anymore, this Waterford team are more capable of dealing with lobbed high balls towards big men.

To top it all off the WLR website wont load.

garv123 wrote: »
    To top it all off the WLR website wont load.

Match coverage starts at 6.45...are you sure they're streaming online before that?

Good crowd here in Tullamore and a bit of a buzz building. Seems like an awful lot of Waterford people have travelled which is great to see.

I'm here since 17:20 so am right on halfway. Really looking forward to it.

Come on The Deise!

I'm sure I've written better (and worse)... I think it's alright.

Point is... I don't think Offaly have the scoring power to beat Waterford. And it's not 2007 anymore, this Waterford team are more capable of dealing with lobbed high balls towards big men.

Thought your preview was good in fairness.

Good crowd here in Tullamore and a bit of a buzz building. Seems like an awful lot of Waterford people have travelled which is great to see.

I'm here since 17:20 so am right on halfway. Really looking forward to it.

Come on The Deise!

Wish I was there :( Cheer on for me. Hon the Déise!!

• Advertisement

Match coverage starts at 6.45...are you sure they're streaming online before that?

The sight itself wont even load :(
    Cant get access to the listen live link

Advertisement