Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

omerin wrote: »
    The shine has gone off the Steam sales for me, there are far cheaper websites offering better deals all year round then the 2-3 sales Steam have a year. Shop elsewhere, they rip you off on new releases!

Sorry read the title of the thread again. Steam sale. This is the veterans section mate. We don't buy them new. We buy them on sale. As for Skyrim dlc. Give me a break lads and go the whole hog ffs. Just finished Two Worlds bought from some long forgotten sale and if you like open world games then just get that and go to town. O.k forget about the story and the dialog, Skyrim 'aint much to write to home about anyway, and just revel in the open world goodness Two Worlds provides. Next up for me is Two Worlds 2 for more of that open world goodness. As for the sale a quick look at my wishlist tells me that Sleeping Dogs is the only thing I really want at the moment. Steam Sale will change that I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Aw, f*ck. Another one? This is getting ridiculous, soon Valve will possess all the money in the world, ever.

<adjusts summer plans to allow for being broke>

<again>

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Vicxas wrote: »
    Well I just got Dead island for a fiver. Christ!!
    Firehen wrote: »
    Snap.

Didn't even want the bloody game. I.....I just couldn't stop clicking :(

Me too ,
    I also picked up the Painkiller complete pack when it was the weeklong deal at -75% :D
    God knows when I'll get around to playing them :D

I only started Assassin's Creed 3 yesterday , I got it when it was the daily deal a few weeks back .

I'm going to have to stop looking at special offers , my backlog is showing no signs of getting any shorter :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

EGriff wrote: »
    Is there a site that you can type in the name of a game and see the cheapest price across a few sites?

Yes, dlcompare.com

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Yes, dlcompare.com

And Allkeyshop.com and Kinguin.net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jiemususariban

this will be my first sale,hoping to get saints row from it

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Out of interest, how good a machine do you need to use steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

petejmk wrote: »
    Out of interest, how good a machine do you need to use steam?

It's the games you need to worry about, steam will run on almost any computer. Older games will run on most half decent systems too, whereas newer ones mostly need discrete graphics (although Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics can run some at lower settings).

You can use this link to check your specs against games, its not always accurate though so make sure you look at the details its giving you.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

EGriff wrote: »
    It's the games you need to worry about, steam will run on almost any computer. Older games will run on most half decent systems too, whereas newer ones mostly need discrete graphics (although Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics can run some at lower settings).

You can use this link to check your specs against games, its not always accurate though so make sure you look at the details its giving you.
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Thanks, really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Another virgin here. I've already bought 7 games this week, and thanks to paypal i don't actually have to have money in my account to buy, so i can see me spending the following weeks wages and being broke/hungry for 2 weeks when this sale starts...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Another virgin here. I've already bought 7 games this week, and thanks to paypal i don't actually have to have money in my account to buy, so i can see me spending the following weeks wages and being broke/hungry for 2 weeks when this sale starts...

First sale was the worst for me.Bought almost anything I saw.Bought so much **** that was going for 1 euro that I knew I'd never play and picked up loads of oldies and classics. At the end of the 2 weeks, I think I had over 150 games and was about 4 or 5 hundred quid down.Needless to say was hiding that months credit card bill from the wife.Promised myself it would never happen again ,but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I re-installed Skyrim earlier and I was about to go looking for where I backed up my save game to restore it but now I see I don't have to. It stored my saves in the cloud and re-installed all my mods for me.

Now that I think about it it's a pretty obvious feature but it was a nice surprise all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm assuming Amazon and others will have their sales around the same time? I knew gog are having theirs now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm assuming Amazon and others will have their sales around the same time? I knew gog are having theirs now
    They usually do; because if you manage to dodge one bullet the other once are guaranteed to get you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

I'm hope that FarCry 3 and Arma II Combined ops go on sale. I have been wanting them for ages. :)

Digy123 wrote: »
    I'm hope that FarCry 3 and Arma II Combined ops go on sale. I have been wanting them for ages. :)

Arma 2 combined ops was on sale 50% off on the Bohemia Interactive store for the duration of E3 although I saw Arma 2 CO go on steam sales for a fiver or under.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

simon360 wrote: »
    Arma 2 combined ops was on sale 50% off on the Bohemia Interactive store for the duration of E3 although I saw Arma 2 CO go on steam sales for a fiver or under.

Really?.....
    bill-murray-banging-head.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have 90 games in my library, have downloaded only 8 games.

I bought so much in the last two sales and barely touched anything. I'm playing mostly League of Legends at the moment. Just picked up a PS3 over the weekend aswell and a few titles so that should keep me occupied.

CANT WAIT TO SPEND MY BOLLOX!

TheDoc wrote: »
    I have 90 games in my library, have downloaded only 8 games.

I bought so much in the last two sales and barely touched anything. I'm playing mostly League of Legends at the moment. Just picked up a PS3 over the weekend aswell and a few titles so that should keep me occupied.

CANT WAIT TO SPEND MY BOLLOX!

You think that's bad? I only got my pc last August and my annual broadband bill came in February, turned out I went 240GB over my cap all because the majority of games I bought at the Christmas sale I downloaded. I wasn't happy with myself because of the amount I spent on games and the bill :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

-75% on Far Cry 3 would be pretty awesome, not sure I'll get much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This time I'm definitely not buying anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

I'm waiting for 75% of Metro:Last Light (I can dream can't I?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Digy123 wrote: »
    Really?.....

It was only €5 or something yesterday on gog as well. Their sale isn't finished, so it might show up again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm waiting for 75% of Metro:Last Light (I can dream can't I?)

24.99 on g2play if that's any good to ya.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd like to see the Fc 3 blood dragon on sale ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Skyrim DLCs and Dishono(u)red for me.

Been waiting for Dawnguard and Dishonored to go to 75% off since I decided not to buy them at 50% off last year, and then refusing to buy during any other -50% sale out of principle.

I would also like to pick up CS GO,What do yall think about it? Is it as good as Counter Strike Source?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Skyrim DLCs and Dishono(u)red for me.

Been waiting for Dawnguard and Dishonored to go to 75% off since I decided not to buy them at 50% off last year, and then refusing to buy during any other -50% sale out of principle.
    Was in the two for 12 EUR sale so I'd expect that drop to 75% in a flash sale if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

A good idea is to make a list of everything you want. If it's not on the list - don't buy. Might save you buying loads of stuff you'll never play.

Advertisement