Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At what age did you first get drunk at?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Robbed a bottle of Jameson from the house

sick for 3 days after it and i cant even look at whiskey without feeling sick since that day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

16 and as cliched as it sounds, I got hammered on cans of cider in the local park...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

9,drank lots of bottles of the alcopop Hooch that were lying about at my cousins christenng in some pub in Harolds Cross.Told my parents afterwards that I thought it was lemonade but I knew it wasn't.

Also got drunk at a 5th class disco on miniature bottles of vodka and red bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

16. A litre of Devil's bit cider. Can't touch cider anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

17. Cider, of course. I'd never touch the stuff now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think I was ten and robbed 4 cans from the fridge.
    That would have been a once off really.
    Then at 12 in 6th class we would have been drinking a bit. Only a few cans really during sleepovers. Still usually only about 4 cans.
    At 14 I would have been drinking every weekend. A lot more during the summer. Probably drinking 6 cans and some vodka back then.
    I enjoyed it at the time but looking back I wish I'd never touched it. Actually looking back it really was ****. What a waste of time.
    Don't drink kids :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

17. Drank druid cider behind a electrical box with a few friends. It was glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

16 first time I drank
    Was 17 firt time got proper drunk, as in blackout, was horrible
    Woke up next day unable to tell if id takenout my contacts, so starting pokin myself in eyes tryin get them.. turns out I had take them off.. pretty painful

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

18, shared a naggin of vodka in the toilets with a friend (pure class, I know), was absolutely twisted. Didn't get a hangover though, score!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I was around 6 picked up the wrong drink knocked back a double vodka and mixer, fell over,still have the scars to prove it.
    Under my right eye..

The first time I intentionally got streamed I was 16, gave up the hooch at 27
    Now im 38 and still off it, don't miss it either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

15. Bottle of shitty wine because I'm classier than the rest of you cider-swilling cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably 15. I actually don't remember. I remember my first sly drinks, one was a slug of whiskey in a mate's house that burned the ****e out of my insides, the second was 1.5 bullet cans of budweiser which basically had no effect. After that we used to have a 2/3 cans in a mate's house or in a field, we'd never be drunk, just tipsy really. I can remember the first time I got absolutely legless at 15. Drank ten cans on new year's eve when a mate's parents went away. Spent half the night puking in their jacks and had to go to bed when I got home at 6pm the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Around 19/20. It was alright. Depends what you define drunk as though, I've never been totally scuttered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I can only have been about 12 at most, but at my uncles art exhibition I decided, for some weird reason, to sneak behind the piano with the odd few glasses of white wine. I can vaguely remember being carried out after I'd been found passed out and then throwing up in the car. My parents disappointment was worse than any punishment would ever have been:(

I really don't know why I did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Boogietime

3 and a half y old, barely could speak... Woke up one morning, landscape contractors were around to do work, in my normal big mug of water was (every morning I drank from that) a ton of home-brewed brandy for the workers. Great stuff, I'd say... But strong too. Took a good mouth full and then ran to daddy telling him that the water burns for some reason.

Worried as he was, he immediately took me to the doc, she laughed and said that I'll just be merry for a couple of hours and then I'll sleep 'till it goes out of the system.

Ahh, good old happy romanian days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

At 12/13 me and a friend raiding the drinks cupboard while parents were out for the evening.

In an hour we necked a bottle of red between us and then started whiskey shots. All the while eating a big bowl of popcorn.

My friend puked before we fell into bed, I didn't.

Next morning I woke up and had a red sticky lumpy mess all down my front, in my hair, all over the bed. My friend started screaming as she thought I'd exploded or something.

Smell of whiskey off me for two days and haven't touched the stuff since.

In retrospect, it was pretty dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

14 - 15 started drinking and continued...
    17 - 20 - Fairly heavy drinking...
    20 - 23 - Still drinking heavy enough lots of houseparties, constantly hung over.

26 now and I don't really drink anymore , been there and done that. Maybe a bottle of wine on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Bodhran

Never.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Drank half a bottle of Alter Wine sitting in a field by the church when I was about 9. Could not stand up for ages and my trouser knees were all muddy from trying to get up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Whiskey when I was 15 my vomit was black.

When my Dad found out he made me drink the rest of the bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

Around 14, thanks to my school mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Luap wrote: »
    Whiskey when I was 15 my vomit was black.

When my Dad found out he made me drink the rest of the bottle.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxUEm7I_If_imWQx-OLe9dPwh7sPi8JWF_KOWpUXDqFgjb-S4CcQ
    500 × 354 - flickriver.com

The
    dreaded Black Bush Puke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I was a little old when I started drinking, 16 I think. Most of my friends would have been around 13 when they started. I got loaded on 4 or 5 cans the first time I drank haha. :o Those were the days, cheap nights out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

never got drunk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

I was 3 actually. I used to love Guinness in a little glass with sugar to sweeten it.
    Anyway they lost count on how many they gave me due to them having too many also.
    I fell asleep and when I finally woke I started falling about the place.
    My uncle thought it was hilarious and took photos but my mum was livid to see her 3 year old kid so drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

When I first had a tipple is around 16ish, but seriously got drunk at 18. I drank 75% of a big vodka bottle, though not neat

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

First taste of any booze was a trip with school to France. I was just under 13, walked into a supermarket with a bunch of school mates, proceeded and purchased a bottle of wine, I thought I was the dogs bollox.. We drank the bottle that nite, and spend the following day vomiting on the bus.

Ahhh the good old times. Now its just a bottle of wine at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Got a little bit drunk at an uncle's wedding at 16. Got properly hammered on a naggin of vodka outside of a gig in town at 17. Always thought it better than getting a few cans because you can hide the naggin easier if the police arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

First time i got drunk was when I was 14, first time i got properly drunk was at christmas when i was 15. It was the first time all of my extended family had seen me drinking so they were all buying me drinks, they thought vodka and a mixer would be good to 'start me off' first 3 were fine until they started asking my cousin to buy them for me, he thought it would be hilarious to start getting doubles for me. It was hilarious but after a decent few of them I was the most drunk person in ireland at that time and got sick. A lot. It was only a few years ago now so I still cringe thinking about it. First proper experience of the fear was when I was 15, I spent the whole day remembering things and buying my head into my hands trying to forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Aren't we a great example to the youth of today, every one of us pissed out of our heads before we hit puberty? I'm off to sef-flaggellate myself in shame.

Advertisement