Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that just don't make sense

Options
  • 17-06-2013 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

We live in a crazy place where sense can go out the window.

Santa Claus: Parents work hard all year round to save cash for presents at Christmas time. Instead of getting any credit from their kids for this, they pretend that some hairy, obese man came down the ****ing chimney and delivered the presents. If you step back and think of it, it doesn't make much sense. The kids might love Santa but they'd probably love their parents a little bit more if they found out the truth.

Bingo: A favourite with the older gals on After Hours I'm sure. People gather around to listen to numbers being called out. There is no skill involved and the amazing thing is some people actually think this is entertaining. Sorry it's not, it's mental.

Anyone got anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

You're wrong if you think there's no skill involved in playing bingo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Spoilers alert! Jesus man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Santa is real :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ColeTrain wrote: »
    We live in a crazy place where sense can go out the window.

Santa Claus: Parents work hard all year round to save cash for presents at Christmas time. Instead of getting any credit from their kids for this, they pretend that some hairy, obese man came down the ****ing chimney and delivered the presents. If you step back and think of it, it doesn't make much sense. The kids might love Santa but they'd probably love their parents a little bit more if they found out the truth.

Bingo: A favourite with the older gals on After Hours I'm sure. People gather around to listen to numbers being called out. There is no skill involved and the amazing thing is some people actually think this is entertaining. Sorry it's not, it's mental.

Anyone got anymore?

Bingo is a social event for the auld wans. Just another way for them to punch in the time. That said, there's a few bob to be made out of bingo. Some of them auld wans get very competitive when the few bob is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

Me after a few beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dizzicizzi

... I play bingo... I am only 26 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Women.

Why anyone gives a hairy flying **** about kim Kardashian and my tablet autocorrects Kardashian after typing kar which makes me sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Fashion: a bunch of people define what the developed world is meant to rush out and spend all their money on every couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Going to the films! A load of men sitting around looking at films!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Pets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Smoking!

Where is the logic? At least drinking is fun. Smoking is just rotten!

Homeopathy!! Here this very special water will cure you with its great memory! Ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

calfmuscle wrote: »
    Smoking!

Where is the logic? At least drinking is fun. Smoking is just rotten!

Homeopathy!! Here this very special water will cure you with its great memory! Ffs.

Smoking weed >>>> Drinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Dizzicizzi wrote: »

For shame. Take up drugs or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

working on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Pets.

pets are lovely company..and I often prefer pets to people any day!...
    Apart from that..some of them make sense. A dog to guard a house, ferrets for hunting, cat to keep the mice away etc etc.

__

Fizzy drinks and ice-cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Why the hair on my legs will not get the message and fcuk off. I'm sick of waxing ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Dizzicizzi wrote: »

I used to but none of my friends will play bingo with me anymore. I get a little too into it.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Hair on my head gets thinner..the hair in my ears gets thicker ...:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Rasheed wrote: »
    Why the hair on my legs will not get the message and fcuk off. I'm sick of waxing ye.

laser is the way to go :P

Mind, you'd think after years of pulling them off , the legs would eventually go bald. :mad:

Rasheed wrote: »

Ah but that does make sense as you've obviously got hairy legs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Fiber optics, telephones and TV. Soo, pictures and words come in over the air or down a wire and then... makes no sense to me anyway. Are ye sure there aren't pixies in there??? I may be a bit thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Winning Streak.

I never understood the appeal, it's not like other game shows where the public win money but have to answer questions or something. No, here all you do is pick numbers, spin a wheel and get tens of thousands of euro. Fantastic for the people involved of course but I couldn't sit through a show myself, I don't see the entertainment. Aul wans in particular seem to go mad for it, each to their own I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Why is gravity ?

shrewdness wrote: »
    Winning Streak.

I never understood the appeal, it's not like other game shows where the public win money but have to answer questions or something. No, here all you do is pick numbers, spin a wheel and get tens of thousands of euro. Fantastic for the people involved but I couldn't sit through a show myself, I don't see the entertainment. Aul wans in particular seem to go mad for it, each to their own I suppose.

Winning Streak and Bingo are definitely first cousins. I think everyone knows what I'm referring to. It's just that vibe you get off it, like an old biscuit tin that doesn't have any biscuits in it but loads of sewing equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Gonna get railed for this ...but

Some, certain, and not all by any means .... individual persons of a strong inclination possibly towards certain, not all, types of atheism (possibly).

I mean the ones who go round smiling that life is ultimately meaningless and we're soulless tricks of biology, hurray. Theres no happy ending ...wayhey.
    Its all futile and pointless - hey isnt that great.

Philosophical differences aside ...Ok maybe you're right ... fair enough...but why are you fcking smiling about it. Great news everyone - we live in a meaningless void with no hope of redemption :):):)

JD DABA wrote: »
    Gonna get railed for this ...but

Some, certain, and not all by any means .... individual persons of a strong inclination possibly towards certain, not all, types of atheism (possibly).

I mean the ones who go round smiling that life is ultimately meaningless and we're soulless tricks of biology, hurray. Theres no happy ending ...wayhey.
    Its all futile and pointless - hey isnt that great.

Philosophical differences aside ...Ok maybe you're right ... fair enough...but why are you fcking smiling about it. Great news everyone - we live in a meaningless void.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/7MOD/dammit-not-again/image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

I'm probably not making sense but ...Ryan McNight. I blame David Byrne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Ah but that does make sense as you've obviously got hairy legs

Not after my beautician today! Smooth as a baby arse.

Advertisement