Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Build

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MyNameIsBoxxy

I recommend the monitor from amazon because it costs €6 less than it does on HWVS and it ships alone so it gets delivered very quickly and that price includes delivery. Also, if you get it from HWVS you have to pay extra for a compatible wire so it works in irish sockets and you might accidentally get the wrong wire too. My monitor came 5 days after I ordered it on the 8th from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

marco_polo wrote: »
    Oh I you have the case already?, I haven't bought separate case fans for a while so not up to speed which specific models are the best at the moment if that what you were actually asking.

No, but I'm on the hunt, payday is acomin and being paid once a month is excruciating :P

I'm looking to buy a new case + some case fans for good airflow. I'm getting a high end cooler too, likely the dark rock pro 2 for quiet, cool computing (and 4.8/4.9 overclocks on my 3570k :D).

Looks like the clearance in the carbide 300r is 170mm, and the drp2 takes up 168mm. That's tight. Gotta ask around a bit more I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

To be honest there's going to be little difference between the antiphon and the carbide unless you fill all the fan spaces out which would be costly. You are looking at €8 min per fan for the carbide and at least 2 - 4 additional fans.

It's also not sound dampened, has half the drive bays and no rubber grommets on the cable routing holes.

The nanoxia deep silence one or two has the best of both cases.

BloodBath wrote: »
    To be honest there's going to be little difference between the antiphon and the carbide unless you fill all the fan spaces out which would be costly. You are looking at €8 min per fan for the carbide and at least 2 - 4 additional fans.

It's also not sound dampened, has half the drive bays and no rubber grommets on the cable routing holes.

That looks very nice too. I definitely want a side fan mount (or two) because it helped so much with temps on my graphics card in my current case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The stock cooling performance of the Antiphon isn't great either, and the and the 300r is definitely better in that regard and I think a perfectly reasonable alternative suggestion the same price range, you lose out on other nice features of the Antiphon of course but then every €60-70 euro case is going to have some flaws.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2013/06/17/cooltek-antiphon-review/4

You can have it all with cases like the nanoxia deep silence of course, but they are in also another price bracket up.

I can't believe they only gave it 73%. Did they forget how cheap it was?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I can't believe they only gave it 73%. Did they forget how cheap it was?

It was very harsh alright, its way better than that.

The carbide has good stock cooling according to reviews. With a few PWM fans I might do well. I have one 3 pin connection for my F12 the other 2 are 4 pins. I might just go for that. Also the nanoxia deep silence 2 is 3 mm shot of the 168mm necessary for the drp2 :( while the carbide is 2 mm over at 170mm hsf clearance.

Does the antiphon really only have a 14/30 cooling system? O.o I suppose ill have to remove the door at the front as well in order for the two front fans to be effective?

• Advertisement

No it's fine. You can add more fans if you want more cooling.

I would say the addition of a bottom intake and a second top exhaust would sort it out anyway.

My build all arrived today. Happy days :D
    Thanks so much for the help!

HHMdslc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You building it yourself?

Yep everything is working perfectly and I set it up in around 3 1/2 slow careful hours. I have the subwoofer by the case on a wooden table is that ok or can it damage the case's contents somehow?

UHxdGSQ

Can't see the pic man... And well done! Hope you had fun.

http://imgur.com/UHxdGSQ
    There, I'm sending this through my new pc :D The sound and microphone showed a bit of resistance but I got them to work and they are really really good :D Sounds like HD sound, has a right and left speaker and the mic is HD and cancels out noise from the speaker so it's perfect for me gaming :D Also the GPU and CPU are kicking ass and my screen is so crisp and the mouse and keyboard are amazing and the case is really quiet when running games :D

Thank you all for helping me with this build , all my xbox and ps friends are so jealous of the gaming build xD Anyway I'll overclock the GPU and CPU in a while when needs be.

Edit; That picture was taken before the windows was fully installed and none of the drivers were installed either so that screen in the picture is not HD yet :p
    One last question, is it ok for me to have my Subwoofer by the case?

Looks great, glad you like it.

The sub is fine I'd say as long as it's not touching off the case.

Alright cool , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Id' put the sub woofer on the floor...

• Advertisement
Advertisement