Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC Build

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nice choices on the monitor and keyboard so were're saying about €1050 for the box, speakers windows, and mouse then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MyNameIsBoxxy

I'd say so dear sir

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ronan Ferry

Hi, I'm his friend. I looked at your build and it's quiet nice, the one thing I would probably change is the Operating System. I'm not a big fan of Windows 8. I'm not sure yet. Will the video card handle games like Crysis 3 alright? Medium - High graphics?

Hi, I'm his friend. I looked at your build and it's quiet nice, the one thing I would probably change is the Operating System. I'm not a big fan of Windows 8. I'm not sure yet. Will the video card handle games like Crysis 3 alright? Medium - High graphics?

Hi Ronan, it should handle any of the latest games well at close enough to maximum details (would have to turn down MSAA but very little else), I have played the latest and greatest like Crysis 3, Metro Last light, Far Cry 3 at quite high quality settings on a humble HD 7850, at the same resolution as the monitor you are getting, so a HD7950 will have no trouble with them. :)

If you prefer Windows 7 then just pop this into the basket instead

• Advertisement

Shouldn't he swap the HD 7950 for a HD 7870 XT Boost and the AMD for an i5 3570K? The Sapphire HD 7870 XT Boost overclocked performs a few FPS behind the 7970 and outperforms a stock 7950 in all games but BF3?

I watched a few videos on Youtube, and you can OC the Club 3D 7950 to get about the same performance as a stock GTX 680. So I'm guessing it's a good enough card.

Shouldn't he swap the HD 7950 for a HD 7870 XT Boost and the AMD for an i5 3570K? The Sapphire HD 7870 XT Boost overclocked performs a few FPS behind the 7970 and outperforms a stock 7950 in all games but BF3?

It is a valid option but unless you play alot of CPU intensive games ie starcraft 2, RTS etc then I would spend the extra cash on the GPU rather than the CPU, in the vast most games you will be limited by the graphics card. The Club 3D is a good overclocker as well and clock for clock you are looking at a 15%-20% difference between a HD7870Xt and HD7950

I'd go for the i5 3570K and the HD 7870 XT Boost because you'll get a lot better performance in games like ARMA (like 20+ FPS) and around 10 FPS less in games like Crysis but you'll still get 35 FPS minimum-70 FPS maximum in games like Crysis.
    Battlefield 4 will definitely be more CPU intense than GPU intense too.

I'd go for the HD 7870 XT Boost instead (and I did) and get the i5 3570K because either you get like 20% improvement in games such as ARMA or 15% improvement in games such as Crysis. 20% is better than 15% to me anyway.
    One option is a better GPU and the other option is a much better CPU.
    Either way, both are powerful gaming rigs no matter what.

Plus my choice's GPU and CPU are a lot better for overclocking

• Advertisement

Plus my choice's GPU and CPU are a lot better for overclocking

The RK its a top overclocking HD7950. But do whatever you want, if you don't want opinions then next time don't make a thread.

I only knew what CPU and GPU and monitor and keyboard he should get and I wasn't too sure if the Sapphire was still as cheap as it is now so I made the thread because I had no clue what other parts he'd need and because he asked me to make the thread :P

Ignore my friend. I'm fine with anything that can run any game from Medium - Ultra settings with decent FPS. I need all the help I can get. Also, the case you suggested is nice, but could you suggest maybe another one? I need a High air flow one because if I got that build I would probably OC the video card. Another one with the same price? Maybe even with lights :o ?

Oh, and, one other thing, is this graphics card worth the extra money or no? http://www.hardwareversand.de/3072+MB/69284/EVGA+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti+FTW%2C+3072MB+DDR5%2C+PCI-Express.article

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Oh, and, one other thing, is this graphics card worth the extra money or no? http://www.hardwareversand.de/3072+MB/69284/EVGA+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti+FTW%2C+3072MB+DDR5%2C+PCI-Express.article

If your planning to overclock a 7950 would run rings around a 660ti and it comes with free games.

beno619 wrote: »
    If your planning to overclock a 7950 would run rings around a 660ti and it comes with free games.

It comes with free games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

An intel build with everything except an after market cpu cooler included. That xeon is a hyper threaded ivy core similar to an i7 3770 just running 100mhz slower and without an igp. It can be overclocked to 4.1ghz. The case is suitable for overclocking. It comes with 3 stock fans (2 front intakes, 1 rear exhaust) with room to add 3 more (2 top, 1 bottom). It's available in white or black + silver as well.

Windows 8 can be configured to run like 7 or previous versions with classic shell.

There are games bundles on a lot of AMD cards. HWVS offer them too if you email them.

Item|Price
    LG 24EA53VQ|€159.00
    MS Windows 8 64bit (SB-Version) Englisch|€84.89
    TP-Link TL-WN781N, 150Mbps, PCIe x1|€9.44
    Sharkoon Drakonia Gaming Laser Mouse|€24.38
    Sharkoon Fire Glider Gaming Mat|€6.99
    Wavemaster MX-3+|€39.99
    Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, boxed, LGA1155|€203.22
    ASRock ZH77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€69.18
    8GB-Kit GeIL Enhance Corsa PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1333)|€54.11
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 13Series, 3GB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7950, PCI- Express|€267.63
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€56.82
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s|€85.52
    Cooltek Antiphon Black, ohne Netzteil|€63.00
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€46.47
    LiteOn iHAS124-04 schwarz SATA|€16.37
    CM Storm quickfire keyboard|€60.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€1266.00

Thanks for the build, but isn't the keyboard laid out the German way? As well as the monitor?

Not sure about the monitor. Many here have ordered monitors from hwvs without problems.

The keyboard is linked to amazon.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Not sure about the monitor. Many here have ordered monitors from hwvs without problems.

The keyboard is linked to amazon.

Oh alright. Well anyway, some of the stuff you have linked is out of stock, but it could be different by the time I buy all the parts. Maybe even the price, higher or lower.

• Advertisement

Yeah come back closer to ordering for an up to date build.

I should be buying the build a few weeks or so before summer ends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

BloodBath wrote: »
    There are games bundles on a lot of AMD cards. HWVS offer them too if you email them.

I never got any game codes with my XFX 7790 card that I bought off HWVS a few weeks back, do you think if I emailed them, they will send me on a code?

Yes you need to email them if you want it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I emailed them in english, hopefully I get some game code back.

Ignore my friend. I'm fine with anything that can run any game from Medium - Ultra settings with decent FPS. I need all the help I can get. Also, the case you suggested is nice, but could you suggest maybe another one? I need a High air flow one because if I got that build I would probably OC the video card. Another one with the same price? Maybe even with lights :o ?

The Anthion is a nice case, but more geared towards noise reduction alright. around the same price could look at something like the Corsair Carbite 300R for about the same price, you can stuff up to 7 case fans in there if you so choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

marco_polo wrote: »
    The Anthion is a nice case, but more geared towards noise reduction alright. around the same price could look at something like the Corsair Carbite 300R for about the same price, you can stuff up to 7 case fans in there if you so choose.
    What kind of fans would you recommend if one were to invest in that case? Would the stock fans be quiet enough?

Gumbi wrote: »
    What kind of fans would you recommend if one were to invest in that case? Would the stock fans be quiet enough?

The stock fans are supposed to be very quite, although it only has two installed intake and exhaust.

Don't have this case but I'd be thinking a couple of super quiet 120/140mm ones for the top and side would the just the ticket (You'd need to check if sure it there are space restrictions on the side fan with a big tower cooler, I'm not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

marco_polo wrote: »
    The stock fans are supposed to be very quite, although it only has two installed intake and exhaust.

Don't have this case but I'd be thinking a couple of super quiet 140mm one for the top and side would the just the ticket (You'd need to check if sure it there are space restrictions on the side fan with a big tower cooler, I'm not sure).

I have 2 PWM slots free on my mobo, I might have them for the side fans. They would help a lot with OCing my 7950.

And then a couple a nice, reasonably priced quiet fans (like 140 top etc).

Side fans should fit, the 2 side fans are low? I'll have to investigate, though!

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    I have 2 PWM slots free on my mobo, I might have them for the side fans. They would help a lot with OCing my 7950.

And then a couple a nice, reasonably priced quiet fans (like 140 top etc).

Oh I you have the case already?, I haven't bought separate case fans for a while so not up to speed which specific models are the best at the moment if that what you were actually asking.

Advertisement