Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat tubs of lard get fatter

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sure they're not overweight, they're just average :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Pedophiles. I think the fear of leaving your kid alone outside now a days seems to be a lot worse than before.

its the monosodium glutamate in everything that does it. thankfully there are no monosodium glutamate in vegetables from the ground, it should be banned thats the real problem here

it is like a form of hereoin nearly, well the addiction it creates to food. it MAKES you want to eat more ffs, its a no brainer, ban it, appetite goes, people eat less, they dont get as fat [or waaaaaaay less likely to]. job done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

MSG doesn't make people fat. Excessive calories and insufficient exercise do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a weird world when the poorest and richest billion both suffer malnutrition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

The standard for what people would class as an "average" or "normal" sized kid has increased over the last 15 years or so. A child that would have been considered fat 20 years ago is now thought of as being a normal size. Parents often don't see that their child has a weight problem until they are very obese. By this stage, eating habits have formed that are very hard to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Dean0088 wrote: »
    IT sickens me to see a really obese person. Literally turns my stomach

You should see someone about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I agree that they learn bad habits from the parents but I don't agree that the food going in is a problem. If they're eating all that (and not overeating) while still exercising with their friends outside, they wouldn't have a weight problem.

You cant out-exercise a bad diet. There is a hell of a lot of ****e food being pushed into kids by ignorant parents - that's the issue, not lack of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Our politicians have an even bigger problem 80% of them are obese.

MSG doesn't make people fat. Excessive calories and insufficient exercise do.

yes I know, but if you reduce the demand you reduce the intake, can you not see that?

• Advertisement

IM0 wrote: »
    yes I know, but if you reduce the demand you reduce the intake, can you not see that?

Kids don't feed themselves, the parents set out what they eat on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I was obese as a teenager, I'm now 23 and an aspiring bodybuilder, so at the very least there is hope for the idea that being fat as a kid doesn't necessarily have to mean being fat indefinitely. Takes a LOT of resolve to lose that amount of weight, but it can be done, in my case it was falling for a girl in 5th year and knowing we only had another year left in school :D

obesity is only related to wealth, its a first world problem, the price of everyone living like a king, it will only get worse, the problem comes in saving people, let people do what they want and die by their choices.

gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins afterall :pac:

Kids don't feed themselves, the parents set out what they eat on a day to day basis.

who said anything about kids, I didnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

What makes it worse is that some people think it's cute when their or someone's young fella is fat.... "Such an adorable big boy" and admiring how heavy he is to lift.... Yeah he's f*cking breaking his pram and struggling to even look at you but sure he's lovely all the same. It actually angers me when people talk about the cost of clothes and how they have to buy clothes so often for their children just because they're putting on more weight.

I've seen people criticise schools for this issue as well which is the height of ignorant delusional bollocks....and when they get bullied they pin it on the teachers as well.

This all adds to the mental health issues as well which are rampant in young people.... The sad thing is it's so easy to fix this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

The parents are often fat fat fatties too but it is child abuse to pass that on to young children. A child that is obese by 8 years of age will have lofe long problems and find it very difficult to lose the weight.

IM0 wrote: »
    who said anything about kids, I didnt

Sorry, the OP quoted statistics on kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Friend of mine growing up would have been considered the typical fat kid by this threads description. Parents were lovely but they only cared that he ate something, rather than caring about what he ate. I remember playing playstation at his house and his mother came in from the shops and gave him his dinner; a 6 pack of taytos and 2l carton of milk. The guy emigrated and has since become a fitness and health freak. Instead of being a red-faced blob, he is built like a tank and has completed at least 3 half-marathons.

And no, its not hatrickpatrick, but it shows that bad parenting doesn't condone kids to a lifetime of obesity as long as there is some determination on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Ex-fatties are as bad as ex-smokers

"Eugh, how can you put that filth in your body"

Just cos you lost the run of yourself and you're afraid you will again you weak willed fat skinny pr**

Oh and I'm not a fatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There was one toddler I knew as a chile who was overweight. His whole family were overweight and you should have seen the lunches his siblings brought to school. The first time I saw this toddler he was waddling. He had rings of fat on his legs and had to waddle everywhere.

Whatever about older people, children should never be that size and it's definitely the parents who were to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This thread has been done a million times this year.

I'd also suggest you alter your posting style in future op. Tone down the aggression and the snide remarks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement