Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's best female comedian (stand-up or otherwise)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Sinead O'Connor?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Mary,(Mammy), O'Rourke. She thinks she is being serious but she really cracks me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well Gina Yashere is female, Irish and funny!

Actually she's not, she's just $h1t

"My mum right, my mum is Nigerian right and does all sorts of wacky things right"

If I could thank that multiple times I would.
    Nail on the head, except you missed the random shouting parts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Jimmy 5F

People actually think Maeve Higgins is funny!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Carol Tobin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Jimmy 5F wrote: »
    People actually think Maeve Higgins is funny!!!

Agree.

To be honest, I have never seen a funny female comedian perform. I know plenty of funny women, but they aren't comedians, they have real jobs. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Aisling Bea i really want to see....she's hilarious as a person although haven't seen her live...whoever said pauline mcglynn is surely taking the pis$$

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Linda Martin "singing" "Up All Night To Get Lucky" on live TV a couple of weeks ago...

Had the misfortune to witness it at the time...something stopped me from changing channels. One of those cringe moments, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Warning: if watching it on Youtube, keep fingers close to your face...you'll need to look through them if watching the full three minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Skid X wrote: »
    Sharon Horgan is a very good comic actor and writer, if she counts?

Check out Bad sugar on 4oD. Sharon Horgan, Julia Davis and Olivia Coleman in a Dynasty type comedy. Very funny and Sharon Horgan is very good in it.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I think Tara Flynn is very good at satire and comedy songs.

Saw Eleanor Tiernan supporting Reginald D Hunter and thought she was good. Witty, pretty original, does good satire too.

Carol Tobin is up there too.

I am mad to see carol tobin...does she even do gigs? always looking out for her but i only see her in the media..

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Maeve Higgins is about as funny as a bag of rashers.

she did a great job supporting Rob Delaney, the bar of vicar st was empty during her set, seemed like an early full house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I am mad to see carol tobin...does she even do gigs? always looking out for her but i only see her in the media..
    I've only seen her supporting Neil Hamburger, which wouldn't have been the biggest gig in the world.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I've only seen her supporting Neil Hamburger, which wouldn't have been the biggest gig in the world.
    in fairness if the gig was attended mainly by casual comedy goers she may have stolen the show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Absolutely love Deirdre O'Kane and Maeve Higgins, and the girl from Irish Pictorial Weekly.

I'm not sure if this is a usual Irish-bashing AH thread or a usual woman-bashing AH thread but I can't get on board with either.

Yes, that's it of course!

Nothing to do with a person's opinion on comediennes, Irish or otherwise. It must be a classic AH style Irish women bashing! Nothing else.

Advertisement