Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's best female comedian (stand-up or otherwise)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Linda Martin, always good for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Maeve Higgins is good, I would be struggling after that.

Sharon Horgan is a very good comic actor and writer, if she counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Well Gina Yashere is female, Irish and funny!

Actually she's not, she's just $h1t

"My mum right, my mum is Nigerian right and does all sorts of wacky things right"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Morag wrote: »

I thought nobody could hear you above the shouts of "Maeve Higgins is so lol I thought I'd piss myself". Wtf is wrong with us if Maeve Higgins is the best we can come up with?? She's a load of crap compared to Tara. She's a load of crap compared to a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

Another vote for Tara Flynn. Saw Rosaleen Linehan (the mother of Graham Linehan) on stage a few years ago, she was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

Skid X wrote: »

Pulling was absolute class.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Bella from Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Ava_e wrote: »
    Another vote for Tara Flynn. Saw Rosaleen Linehan (the mother of Graham Linehan) on stage a few years ago, she was fantastic.

They aren't related. Although she was funny.
    Sorry, just to be clear, I’m not saying that Rosaleen Linehan is not well known in Ireland, I’m saying that she’s not my mother.

http://whythatsdelightful.wordpress.com/2008/12/26/god-forgive-us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Well Gina Yashere is female, Irish and funny!

Actually she's not, she's just $h1t

"My mum right, my mum is Nigerian right and does all sorts of wacky things right"

She grew up in Britain, has she ever even been over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

That fine blond yoke Enda in the Daíl always makes me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I hope so, because she's the funniest female Irish comedian that I can think of!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

tara flynn in this video is hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I'm hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

pharmaton wrote: »
    I'm hilarious

Self praise is no praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Deirdre OKane, apart from being Ireland's funniest woman is also very very good looking, therefore she wins.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

^
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Doing a google image search of Twink is pretty funny.

http://www.google.com/ncr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

marwelie wrote: »
    Deirdre OKane, apart from being Ireland's funniest woman is also very very good looking, therefore she wins

seriously, niamh marron is actually brilliant. purdy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Eleanor Tiernan and Maeve Higgins are funny enough,not many to choose from though.

Can't think of many funny (current) Irish male comedians either in fairness.
    Maeve Higgins.
    RayM wrote: »
    I saw Maeve Higgins recently - she was very funny. Eleanor Tiernan is good too. I haven't seen much of her material, but Aisling Bea seems quite promising.
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    Maeve Higgins imo. Usually really funny and has variation in her sets and doesn't just talk about being a woman (fu*king hate that)
    Maeve Higgins is good, I would be struggling after that.

You should all be ashamed of yourself. She's about as funny as a corpse in a clown suit..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I like Deirdre O'Kane as well, and I think she's great in Moone Boy. She was hilarious in Fergus' Wedding.

Don't really get Tara Flynn. Maeve Higgins can be ok at times. I'd like to see Aisling Bea at some stage, she seems good.

I know Amy Huberman isn't a comedienne but she's a very good comic actress and some of her tweets are quite funny. Plus she seems like one of the nicest and prettiest girls in the world. The bitch. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

marwelie wrote: »
    Deirdre OKane, apart from being Ireland's funniest woman is also very very good looking, therefore she wins.

She is not funny, not particularly good looking, her voice is like a box of glasses falling down a stairs and you....are a liar....blind.....or Deirdre O'Kane

Pauline McGlynn gets my vote, does no-one remember scrap saturday ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Absolutely love Deirdre O'Kane and Maeve Higgins, and the girl from Irish Pictorial Weekly.

I'm not sure if this is a usual Irish-bashing AH thread or a usual woman-bashing AH thread but I can't get on board with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I personally don't find her funny but she seems the biggest right now and has a slot on the BBC and that's Mrs Browne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

There are no good Irish comediennes. Pauline McGlynn was brilliant, but now is more concerned with acting & writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Meangadh wrote: »
    I know Amy Huberman isn't a comedienne but she's a very good comic actress and some of her tweets are quite funny.

She's fabulous.

Distressingly, when I googled to make sure she was who I was thinking of, the third result was for her listing on Wikifeet.

You diminish us both a little more every day, Internet.

Lelantos wrote: »
    There are no good Irish comediennes. Pauline McGlynn was brilliant, but now is more concerned with acting & writing.

Scrap Saturday
    1996 British Comedy Award Top TV Comedy Actress Father Ted

Numerous Comedy show appearances, including Bremner, Bird and Fortune, Just a Minute, Have I Got News For You, The Panel and They Think It's All Over.
    Shameless
    Threesome.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_McLynn
    And, the lady has written 7 novels (none of which I have read yet)

But I don't think that any other Irish Comedienne can put her hand up to say she's up there with Pauline.

Deirdre O'Kane definitely doesn't deserve a mention in the same sentence....Nor does Tranny O'Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭worded

More YouTube links pls,
    Could do with a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Naming the best Irish comediennes is like naming the best Icelandic, crippled rappers or Kenyan, dyslexic swimmers. You'd have to have pretty good specific knowledge on a subject that no one else has ever been arsed to look up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Maeve Higgins is about as funny as a bag of rashers.

Advertisement