Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Challange 2; XBOX Tournament

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

So if it's ok with everyone can we start picking our teams?

If it's a club tournament I'd like to pick Munster.

If it's International I'll pick Ireland.

Pappyodaniel (Username: willy0dea Playing as: Munster)
    Gelio
    Pudsy33
    Awec (Username: thecrouch8 Playing as: Ulster)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

So if it's ok with everyone can we start picking our teams?

If it's a club tournament I'd like to pick Munster.

If it's International I'll pick Ireland.

Leinster / New Zealand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Lads really sorry at how lame I've been on putting the final touches on this, I've just haven't been able to get near boards much lately, but here are groups and fixtures

Group A

[Jackass] (User name: Leinster Blue - Playing as: Wasps)
    Tomtom364
    accidentprone1
    Chabals Beard

Fixtures:

Round 1 (7pm)
    Jackass v Chabals Beard
    TomTom364 v Accidentprone1

Round 2 (7.30pm)
    Chabals Beard v TomTom364
    Accident prone1 v Jackass

Round 3 (8pm)
    Jackass v TomTom364
    Accidentprone1 v Chabals Beard

Round 4 (9pm)
    TomTom364 v Jackass
    Chabals Beard v Accidentprone1

Round 5 (9.30pm)
    Jackass v Accidentprone1
    TomTom364 v Chabals Beard

Round 6 (10pm)
    Accidentprone1 v TomTom364
    Chabals Beard v Jackass

Group B

Pappyodaniel (Username: Playing as: Munster)
    Gelio
    Pudsy33
    Awec (Username: thecrouch8 Playing as: Ulster)

Fixtures

Round 1 (7pm)
    Pappyodaniel v Awec
    Gelio v Pudsy33

Round 2 (7.30pm)
    Awec v Gelio
    Pudsy33 v Pappyodaniel

Round 3 (8pm)
    Pappyodaniel v Gelio
    Pudsy33 v Awec

Round 4 (9pm)
    Gelio v Pappyodaniel
    Awec v Pudsy33

Round 5 (9.30pm)
    Pappyodaniel v Pudsy33
    Gelio v Awec

Round 6 (10pm)
    Pudsy33 v Gelio
    Awec v Pappyodaniel

Group C

padser (Username: Playing as: Leinster)
    Garseys
    nandrewpandrew
    Nutcity

Fixtures

Round 1 (7pm)
    padser v Nutcity / Serbian
    Garseys v nandrewpandrew

Round 2 (7.30pm)
    Nutcity / Serbian v Garseys
    nandrewpandrew v padser

Round 3 (8pm)
    padser v Garseys
    nandrewpandrew v Nutcity / Serbian

Round 4 (9pm)
    Garseys v padser
    Nutcity / Serbian v nandrewpandrew

Round 5 (9.30pm)
    padser v nandrewpandrew
    Garseys v Nutcity / Serbian

Round 6 (10pm)
    nandrewpandrew v Garseys
    Nutcity / Serbian v padser

So we'll say from 7pm on Tuesday night groups begin. It's home and away, auto balance teams, 10 minute games. So 6 group matches each. Each game will be played in 30 minute intervals with a half hour break after the 3rd group game.

The winners of all 3 groups and the best runner up go into the championship semis.

The other two runners up and best 3rd go into the challanged cup semis

the worst 3rd and all 4th places go into the shield semis.

It will be based on ranking of best team to worst in each placing the same way as Heineken Cup

The knockouts will be played Wednesday.

We'll use club teams, already called are Leinster (Padser) and Munster (Pappy) and Wasps ([Jackass])

Maybe when picking a team also quote the above list of players updating your name with your XBOX Live name

Tuesday at 7 people!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

If its not possible to play on Tuesday, can we organise our games for before? Instead of having set times would it not be better to set a deadline of a certain day to get all the group games done? Just that this system is a bit rigid. I would suggest Tuesday-Friday for groups and sat- to Monday for the knockout
    Oh and Glasgow btw

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    If its not possible to play on Tuesday, can we organise our games for before? Instead of having set times would it not be better to set a deadline of a certain day to get all the group games done? Just that this system is a bit rigid. I would suggest Tuesday-Friday for groups and sat- to Monday for the knockout
    Oh and Glasgow btw

Yeah that's fair enough man, whatever way you want to sort it out, maybe pm your group memebers for a time that suits and yeah, ok, maybe from this Tuesday onwards we'll do the group games whenever you can organise it amongst yourselves and then next tuesday we'll do knock outs.

Sorry, not trying to be anal, just never organised an online competition before, so not sure how best to do it :)

• Advertisement

Is say just 3 days would work for each phase, get the whole things done in a week. But yeah, its best to just organise it amongst the people in the groups :)

Yeah sounds good, group members can sort out whats best amongst them for their groups etc.

As I say, my username is Leinster Blue, so if anyone in my group wants to send me a message on xbox we'll arrange time.

Also, I accidently including chabals beard who already said he didn't get the game, so I'll need to replace him if anybody knows someone on short notice who'd like to step in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'm calling Leicester Tigers :D XBL: Garseys

padser... I expecting the Sexton 10 Madigan 12 axis :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

Sorry lads, I can't play this Tuesday - got a last minute gig. I'll sent out pms to my snubbed opponents later today to try and sort out refixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I still haven't been able to get my hands on the game yet! I'll head into town and pick it up today. I may be a very easy win on Tuesday.

My Xbox live name is alanredabc.

• Advertisement

Garseys wrote: »
    I'm calling Leicester Tigers :D XBL: Garseys

padser... I expecting the Sexton 10 Madigan 12 axis :pac:

Well you can be pretty sure I've done away with the Madigan - Reid 10 12 axis anyway :eek:

I've never played a private match before so if you are free we could do a warm up tonight?

Also we should thank our lucky stars that LeinsterDub is not in our group. Played him about 3 times last week and got absolutely schooled (hopefully whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger) and was really worried I was going to be out of my depth playing with the boardsies. Then I noticed he is 5th on the overall leaderboard with 159 wins and just 9 losses (which if I'm honest looks like a much better record than people who are 1 to 4) so now hopefully there are not any other boardsies in the top 5....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

completly forgot to post here. i have to pull out of this. changes in finances means i just cant afford to get the game for now. my aplogies.

padser wrote: »
    Well you can be pretty sure I've done away with the Madigan - Reid 10 12 axis anyway :eek:

I've never played a private match before so if you are free we could do a warm up tonight?

I'll be on around 11-ish ;)

I'll be on around 11-ish ;)

Missed that - what time suits tonight? I can do from around 9:30pm

Missed that - what time suits tonight? I can do from around 9:30pm

about the same, send me a request on XBL anyways.

about the same, send me a request on XBL anyways.

Will do

How are we for numbers tonight lads?

I'll be able to play a few games I'd say

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I'll be able to play a few games I'd say

We're on for a 7.30 kick off if you're up for it.

Anyone who's meant to play me I'll be on tonight. That's pappy, awec and geilo. Just add me and message me. Same name on Xbox as on here

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gah! Sorry lads, I won't be able to play tonight! Totally forgot about this, but still in work here. :(

Can ye guys stick in your xbl usernames? Myself (willyodea) and Nandrewpandrew are online looking for a few games.

Just to update pudsy beat me in both of our games. 12-10 and 7-5.

awec wrote: »
    Gah! Sorry lads, I won't be able to play tonight! Totally forgot about this, but still in work here. :(

no worries.

Can ye guys stick in your xbl usernames? Myself (willyodea) and Nandrewpandrew are online looking for a few games.

Just to update pudsy beat me in both of our games. 12-10 and 7-5.

Ill be online around 9:30. My username is AbardentPadser (or something very close). If its not exactly that you will find me around number 37 or 38 in the leaderboard.

Ill be online around 9:30. My username is AbardentPadser (or something very close). If its not exactly that you will find me around number 37 or 38 in the leaderboard.

Ill be on now in about 15 mins

Nandrewpandrew, playing as Connacht beat Garcys playing as Leicester 24-7 in the first game and 12-8 in the second game.

It's good craic, hopefully more people on here get involved.

Nandrewpandrew, playing as Connacht beat Garcys playing as Leicester 24-7 in the first game and 12-8 in the second game.

It's good craic, hopefully more people on here get involved.

The only time I ever wanted a "use it" call in a game was in the last 3 minutes :mad:

Padser won the first one of our encounter 7-5. Close game very enjoyable.

Padser plays a lot like leinster. Not a lot of commitment in the ruck and kicks behind with a chaser :P :pac:

Nandrewpandrew v abradantpadser won a game each. Padser won the first 13-5 and nandrewpandrew won the 2nd 7-0.

Advertisement