Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Challange 2; XBOX Tournament

Options
  • 12-06-2013 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So there seems to be a good appetite for a tournament in the new rugby challenge 2 game which is released Thursday 13th June (tomorrow).

I'll volunteer to run the tournament and the purpose of this thread is firstly to open registration. Registration is open to everyone (you don't need to be rugby board regular or anything) and is from now until Thursday 20th June, in order to give everyone an opportunity to get the game and for those who do get it to have an opportunity to learn it / get used to it / brush off cob webs.

If people miss registration then hopefully if this is a success we can organise another one, maybe even have a regular tournament. The point of registration though is that we can't decide a type of tournament unless we have exact numbers, if we're short a few of course others can come in late, but if there's too many then it's first come first served, as a Heineken Cup for example can only be 24 teams.

If there's loads more than that, maybe we can organise a second tournament at the same time, but we'll cross that bridge once we come to it and have an idea of numbers.

When registering, please also state when you would be available to play (i.e times and days) and also what type of tournament you'd like, these will all be taken as your votes and based on this I'll do up the tournament. Just to give you an idea, other tournament types could be world cup, 6 nations, an all out made up league of boardsies, pro12, top14, super 15, rugby championship, a made up round robin / straight knockout boardsie tournament etc.

Once all players are confirmed and we decide on a tournament type, then I'll open a thread for team registration for that tournament, so if it's Heineken Cup, post in the thread the team you want (one team per tournament, so first person to call Munster or Clermont or whatever gets it and its gone - DONT WORRY - in online play, the teams are balanced so even if you're playing as Zebre, it has balanced skill level with Clermont). I'll draw up tables, again if it's Heineken Cup, we'll base it on 2013/14 pools and I'll update groups as we go along.

Please also use this thread to make suggestions on anything you think might be better as I'm just making it up, and I'll throw up a poll on anything else that needs to be decided.

Also, please let me know how you would prefer fixtures to run. i.e would you like one game a night or based over an entire weekend (like group on Saturday knockouts on Sunday) or the whole tournament in one day / night or whatever other system you can think of....maybe 1 game a weekend based over 9 weeks for a Heineken Cup or something. :) Up to you.

So, timeline:

Team Allocation: Thursday 20th June - Sunday 23rd: Once all players are registered, and we have decided on a tournament type and what days / times to play, I will open a thread with the pools / teams - first come first served.

Monday 24th June: Full teams / pools / players list and fixture list based on your preferences.

I'll do my best to make this run smoothly lads, but feel free to suggest a better way, or get involved.

Please register in following format;

[Jackass]
    Preferred Tournament Type: Heineken Cup
    Available Playing Times: All weekday Evenings and for this tournament I will happily clear anytime that weekend also! :D
    Preferred Format of fixtures: I would like to do a Saturday afternoon group matches and Sunday afternoon knock outs. (but 1 game a weekend over 9 or so weeks sounds fun also)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My Xbox is a banned one I bought off adverts to play career mode single player, but I'm now actively tempted to buy a working one just so I can use live to play in this. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Very tempted to be in for this. Having decoded to get it on PC or Xbox yet...

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm in it if I buy this. I need to see how much it's going to cost to fix my car first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

OK not out on PC till late September... Xbox it is.

I'm in, but for Saturdays as of the 22nd I can only do Saturday evenings (after 6), not afternoons.

Tomtom364
    Available Playing Times:All weekday Evenings. Saturday evenings and Sundays all day.
    Preferred Format of fixtures: wouldn't mind doing it over a weekend or a week. or a few weekends in a row or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

accidentprone1
    Available Playing Times: Most weekend evenings and should be free on the weekends too, apart from Sundays 5-9ish.
    Preferred Format of fixtures: One tournament game a weekend sounds good to me. Could always have individual challenge matches as an option during the week with people saying what times they'll be online for a friendly.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you while I recall my skills from playing Rugby '06 over a weekend at age "what the feck is this give me FIFA."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone willing to send down a couple of hundred euro so I can join in? ;)

Anyone willing to send down a couple of hundred euro so I can join in? ;)

No Xbox? :/ Do you've any buddies with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Chabals Beard
    Preferred tournament type - HCup
    Available to play - Most weekdays evenings and Sundays
    Preferred fixture format - Knockout system with a back door format for teams who have lost in initial rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I'm well up for this too, if I actually get the game that is. After being really disappointed with the first one I was going to hold off a wee while and see what the general reaction was on here first, but now I'm seriously tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm in, I'll put up the rest tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Pappyodaniel
    Available Playing Times: Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and nights I'm free to play
    Preferred Format of fixtures: I'm for a marathon of games on Tuesday and Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Gelio
    Preferred Tournament Type: Whatever
    Available Playing Times: Any time
    Preferred Format of fixtures: whatever

Available Playing Times: various days throughout the week.

Preferred Format of fixtures: 3 every two weeks works well in the boards madden league

Heineken Cup

Weekday evenings mostly

Whenever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm just going to throw in a registration for a buddy

NutCity
    TBC
    TBC
    TBC

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'm just going to throw in a registration for a buddy

NutCity
    TBC
    TBC
    TBC

Nice gamertag..

I might not be able to do this tournament, I have to make a decision whether to invest in some gold standard or buy the game. And judging from reviews I am leaning towards the latter.

Buy the game chabals beard, its by far and away the best rugby game there's been. It's not perfect, but when you have a few mates around it hugely fun.

I wouldn't mind having a few practice games against someone from on here. I want to see if the lag issue is just because I happened to be playing against people in NZ / Aus due to the time of day.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Buy the game chabals beard, its by far and away the best rugby game there's been. It's not perfect, but when you have a few mates around it hugely fun.

Sorry, but Rugby Challenge 2006 is the best rugby game to play with a couple of friends. Lamping the ref was hilarious in that game, really fast paced also.

If anyone wants to add me for some practice games my user name is "Leinster Blue" :o

• Advertisement

If anyone wants to add me for some practice games my user name is "Leinster Blue" :o

You be on later?

Probably wont be tonight, but tomorrow I'll be on it for a while I'd say! :D

But then if I don't fall asleep I might go for "just one game" and end up playing until an unspeakable hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Can not remember my name although I am almost sure it contains Padser..will check

Preferred tournament type - HCup
    Available to play - Most weekdays evenings
    Preferred fixture format - Marathon sessions where we set aside about 3 hours in one go and get it all played off.

Sorry lads, haven't forgotten about this, it just happens to be a major week this week with my brother moving house and my g/f moving back to states for summer, so hectic around here, but around wednesday / thursday hope to have the tournament posted up.

It looks like most people want Heineken Cup style tournament and the days that seem to suit best are Tuesdays and Wednesdays (one persons preference and most other people said any weekday evening), so I'll put up all the details later.

One last point though, we have 9 at the moment, if we could get that up to 12, we could have three groups of 4 teams, and run it similar to the U20 world cup.

All group winners and best runner up goes into "Championship" semi finals, two other runners up and two best 3rd place goes into the "Challange Cup" semi finals, other 3rd place team and 4th placed teams go into the "shield" semi finals.

We could play the groups on Tuesday evening next week and the knock outs on Wednesday evening.

Sound good?

So I may have one more I can rope in, but if anyone is on the fence and wishes to join in or if you know of anyone, get them to post here maybe?

Cheers! :)

I have a mate who'd be up for it, he has a boards acc. but not a prolific poster if that's a problem.

I'm going to be battered in this, [Jackass] is some player! :pac:

I have a mate who'd be up for it, he has a boards acc. but not a prolific poster if that's a problem.

No, no problem at all, that would be cool! Sure throw up the details just so I can have a name on the list.
    awec wrote:
    I'm going to be battered in this, [Jackass] is some player! :pac:

Ah I wouldn't say that, but I do have the advantage that I only really play online, not career mode or whatever, so it takes a bit more getting used to if you're only used to computer players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Still up for this (only picked it up today)

Will be picking it up soon as I can, maybe tomorrow if I get the chance.

• Advertisement

No, no problem at all, that would be cool! Sure throw up the details just so I can have a name on the list.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=370172

I think his gamertag is nandrewpandrew

Advertisement