Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superman is Jewish

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Superman doesn't control the Oscars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

karma_ wrote: »
    In fairness, Superman is your classic messiah story retold.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85016473

:D great minds

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

Actually Jerry Siegel an Joe Shuster, the creators of Superman were both Jewish. Superman's origin story of being sent to be raised by other parents has much in common with the story of Moses also. It doesn't seem unusual to me then he would be considered Jewish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's just a bit of fun, that article. Though I did hear the Kal-El = Hebrew "Voice of God" story before. I doubt that Kal-El was circumcised, since the knife that could get through that foreskin probably doesn't exist even on Krypton.

I wonder whether the new movie shows what happens when young Clark discovers masturbation? His bedroom ceiling must look like a huge slice of Emmental cheese. If he and Lois Lane ever get it on, can you imagine the carnage he would wreak on her frail body? (More on this topic here: Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex.) :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Apolloyon wrote: »
    Actually Jerry Siegel an Joe Shuster, the creators of Superman were both Jewish. Superman's origin story of being sent to be raised by other parents has much in common with the story of Moses also. It doesn't seem unusual to me then he would be considered Jewish.

Yep old news that he has jewish influences...the bulletproof aspect comes from either Siegal or Shusters father being shot during a store robbery. The book of Lies gives a good insight into his history.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

As a baby on his home planet superman is normal.

It's a bit of fun. Ludicrous thinking of an ET having an Earth religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

bnt wrote: »
    It's just a bit of fun, that article. Though I did hear the Kal-El = Hebrew "Voice of God" story before. I doubt that Kal-El was circumcised, since the knife that could get through that foreskin probably doesn't exist even on Krypton.

I wonder whether the new movie shows what happens when young Clark discovers masturbation? His bedroom ceiling must look like a huge slice of Emmental cheese. If he and Lois Lane ever get it on, can you imagine the carnage he would wreak on her frail body? (More on this topic here: Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex.) :eek:

He's normal on Krypton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I don't think so.

He went back in time to save Lois Lane.
    Didn't go back to kill Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Just doesn't have the same appeal as Christopher Reeves :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

I think Clarke Kent is an Eastern Orthodox Jew. But Superman is a methodist.

Lois Lane is a member of the Cargo Cult.

• Advertisement
Advertisement