Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is pre-ordering PS4/Xbox One for Launch Day?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

erkifino wrote: »
    Don't get caught up in the frenzy of a shiny new console at launch. €400-€500 will buy you a lot of new/second hand games. I guarantee you there is enough of a back catalogue on your current console to keep you going, as well as new titles like GTAV and Watch Dogs on the way. It is nice to jump on a new console early on but if you're not a big gamer spend your money on something else.

For me PSplus has sorted out my gaming need, the only day one release games I would buy would be those that have higher game populations online for multiplier.
    As a gamer in mid 30's I try to make more intelligent use of my time and cash, but the lure of getting a brand new PS4 is too much, so since Jan I have been squirreling away a 10 euro a week and will get BF4 with it. This will tie me over for a year while I still play whatever games PSplus throws up during the year.
    I had an xbox most of this generation but paranoia has taken over, I really don't want a camera hooked up online in my house with my kids running around! Plus I have been known to sit playing in my boxers! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    The only console i had near launch time was the Dreamcast all those years ago.

I strongly thinking about pre-ordering a PS4. If i was to pay 20 euro a week of the balance between now and the release then i should cover the cost or there abouts.
    That would be handy, pay off a bit every month or 2 so it's paid for by release date. I'd be interested in that too
    Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    All the consoles this gen look like muck if I'm totally honest. The games are very underwhelming and most are just gimmicky graphics showcases/flogged to death franchises. There is far too much of an emphasis on social networking and "sharing", especially on the Xbox One. The only game that has piqued my interest so far is Star Wars Battlefront and I'm guessing that will be out on PC also.

So unless Sony/MS come to my door and offer me roses and chocolate, I won't be buying their cruddy products this generation.

If I was buying a console, however, I would steer clear of launch day like the plague. I'd wait at least a couple of months before I even contemplate buying anything.

Last gen (this gen?) I had a 360. The previous two gens I stuck with Sony. So you could say that I have consoles in my blood. But PC is just so much better. Mount and Blade 2 alone interests me far more than any of the currently announced crap for the Xbox or PS4.

Plus, none of my friends seem to be interested in the consoles for the time being so I'm not either.
    3uumfd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Actually, if you read my post, you'd find that I've stuck with consoles for 90% of my gaming life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

cant really make the choice for you. its up to you! i already pre-ordered my xbox one because i believe the features and exclusive games are better than PS4!
    as of right now i dont see myself having any issues with the online requirement or used games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

cant really make the choice for you. its up to you! i already pre-ordered my xbox one because i believe the features and exclusive games are better than PS4!
    as of right now i dont see myself having any issues with the online requirement or used games.

Features? Definitely not.
    Exclusive games, maybe, thats opinion. Sony have brought out far better exclusives this gen and I believe they'll do it next gen, they have the better first party studios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Apart from the console exclusive games which comes down to a matter of taste, which features of the Xbox One make it a must have over the PS4 in your eyes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I had very high hopes for the Xbox One hoping that would be my console of choice from day 1, I really like the 360 and had great fun with the original xbox, however to put it mildly my enthusiasm towards the Xbox One is nowhere near what it was and right now im thinking of going for PS4., 100 euro cheaper, doesnt have to be online, no problem lending/swapping games.. it's a no brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mr E wrote: »
    That poll is pretty damning against the XBone.

Hmmm, I am expecting some change in that very shortly... :D
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/19/4445984/xbox-one-policy-reversal-changes

I'll be pre-ordering my Xbox One today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Hmmm, I am expecting some change in that very shortly... :D
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/19/4445984/xbox-one-policy-reversal-changes

I'll be pre-ordering my Xbox One today.

Wouldn't expect a drastic change. The PS4 is still the cheaper, more powerful console. Anybody who has switched to PS4 probably has their minds set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Microsoft have backed down big time

http://http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In my opinion, we will need a new poll in about 2-3 days when dust settles down.

Maybe we should even get 2 new entries:

" I have preordered ps4, but will be getting Xbox one later"
    "I have preordered Xbox one, but will be getting ps4 later on.

I for example still going ps4, but, With New changes in MS policy, as soon as I am financially able I'll be getting Xbox one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

For me, I'll stick with my 360 for now until late next year where most games will be on the new console. Initially I was biased with PS4 but now that Microsoft have reverted those mistakes, it's sort of 50/50 now. Will have to wait till the release and see what everyone says :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Launch day isn't as interesting for a poll from my perspective. I'd be more interested in a poll that is about what consoles people plan on buying, with options for the varying permutations of 1, 2 or 3 consoles. Though it would require a lot of options. I expect I'll be getting all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

A new poll with multiple choices could be good.

PS4 Launch Day
    Xbox One Launch Day

PS4 After Launch
    Xbox One After Launch

Neither
    Unsure

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Personally, I couldn't buy two consoles. I have so many games left to get to in this generation it would take me years to play them and these are games I actually want to play.
    I have always bought sony but dread to think what they'd be like with no competition from MS.
    MS have been a disaster the past couple of weeks but it's good to see them roll back on some of the ideas that were really unpopular with their customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Don't listen to em poll, you're perfect just the way you are :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I am paying off on the PS4, but at any time upto the middle of November i can change my mind. I'm firmly PS4 right now, but i want to see a hardware teardown of both consoles and see the OS side by side before i plunk down 500 notes.

Advertisement