Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Brien at 12?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

How Church isn't in that backline i'll never know.

I've always thought it was just a myth that he had played centre.Can any ex-Belvo Boardsies clarify this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I've always thought it was just a myth that he had played centre.Can any ex-Belvo Boardsies clarify this?
    I don't think he did play centre but I wouldn't know. I do know that he is the best kicker in our pack so he should play 10 in that backline :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I imagine a lot forwards played in the backline when they were teenagers, whereupon their coaches employed a "get the ball to the big ****er" strategy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I do recall an old poster saying he played schools against Church in the centre and that he skinned Church just before 1/2. About 5 minutes after 1/2 time Church nailed him (legitimately I might add) and he had to be stretchered off.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

I don't think he did play centre but I wouldn't know. I do know that he is the best kicker in our pack so he should play 10 in that backline :D

Going by the Lions surely SOB himself should be at 10. Twice he's kicked and chased.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

dtpc191991 wrote: »
    Going by the Lions surely SOB himself should be at 10. Twice he's kicked and chased.:D

SOB does indeed possess a cultured right boot, but who could forget Jamie dropping goals in the warmup (up there with his headphone wearing antics). He can come off the bench with 10 to go and close out a tight game by landing a legendary DG

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

I'd love to see Church get a run at 6... Just for a laugh.. Had hoped Kidney would do it in his last game with the rate players were going down.. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Panda Moanium

Haven't read through this thread so apologies if this point has been made already, but considering SOB seems to be doing himself out of a Lion's starting place because of his versatility to play at six, seven or eight, why anyone would consider it to his benefit to add yet another position to his cv is beyond me...... #jackofalltrades........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

He'd actually have a better chance starting for the Lions at 12 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Haven't read through this thread so apologies if this point has been made already, but considering SOB seems to be doing himself out of a Lion's starting place because of his versatility to play at six, seven or eight, why anyone would consider it to his benefit to add yet another position to his cv is beyond me...... #jackofalltrades........

Oh no, somebody actually put a hashtag on a boards message. That's ridiculous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement