Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

From the way Sakurai's been giving more options for tournament settings in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if he sorts something like this out as well.

It'd be difficult though. I think Final Smashes are awesome, but are on a completely different plane themselves when it comes to balancing. Some are quite avoidable, others are just a rain of cosmic death upon anyone unfortunate enough to witness them.

sonic_071225b-l.jpg

If you gained a Final Smash by accumulating enough damage, then I'd worry about players getting hurt on purpose just to get the "I win" button in the long run. Perhaps it would be better to have it as a show-off finisher to someone who manages to get 100-200% damage on the opponent without being hit. The Final Smash then disappears if that opponent lands a hit, or gets K.O'd and loses a stock (because everyone would just horde the FS rather than use it on a weak opponent).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm kind of okay with Final Smashes being ridiculous.

I wasn't necessarily talking about having them used in competitive play, because I don't think that would appeal to the Smash scene.

They do actually play the most hardcore game. Smash has no comeback mechanic of any kind. On the contrary, as you accumulate more damage, certain actions (like ledge recovery) get slower and crapper.

The only character in Smash history who got better as you sucked more, Lucario, was completely changed in Project M so that none of these elements remained in his remixed form. His project M incarnation gets better as you are successful in your offense with him.

Smash players would probably prefer the comeback mechanics to stay in the games that reward bad play: Street Fighter, Marvel etc

I just want final smashes introduced in a way I would use casually without having Smash balls involved. I kinda don't care about the design behind them.

Put them in. Give me an option to turn them off if I hate the implementation. I thank you for trying either way.

I hate Smash balls too much to even use them in 4 player nonsense casual play. I really feel that strongly that they ruin the flow.

Some really lazy ways to balance them would be the SF4 Wultra style, which is to give an X% power nerf to any final smashes deemed too powerful/usable when they are activated via the in-game method we're dreaming about.

(Remember "Stale moves" only applied to Melee multiplayer modes, and subspace emissary and multiplayer had totally different character balance in Brawl, we know they can change mechanics between modes)

Even lazier implementation: Somewhat normalise all final smash damage, REMOVE ALL KNOCKBACK.

Now final smashes can't kill, they just set you up for an easy kill after they're over. They don't look any less badass though.

There's a million ways this could be done. I just want one that doesn't involve cracking a glowing marble.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Smash Balls though are stupid things that break the flow of gameplay and combat by having everyone jump around like a fool attacking a random screen element until someone becomes Jesus.
    There's a million ways this could be done. I just want one that doesn't involve cracking a glowing marble.

I'm going to have a really hard time not referring to them mentally as 'Jesus marbles' now.

Great Samus suit design suggestions by Conan O Brien

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-super-smash-bros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

captain falcon has is in ssb series since Super Smash Bros.
    Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl so y he isnt in ssb 4

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    captain falcon has is in ssb series since Super Smash Bros.
    Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl so y he isnt in ssb 4

I'm still betting Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff will be confirmed before final release.

Great Samus suit design suggestions by Conan O Brien

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-super-smash-bros

conan you get a life

gamecube controller how is that possible wiiu cant use gamecube controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

conan you get a life

gamecube controller how is that possible wiiu cant use gamecube controllers

Nintendo are releasing a Gamecube adaptor for Wii U alongside Smash Bros.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/wii-u-gamecube-controller-adapter-to-launch-alongside-super-smash-bros/0133912

cool beside ive 2 classic controller pro s , gamepad and wii streetfighter beatemup controller designed for fighting games like super smash bros brawl and tekken on the wiiu and a wii remote plus they are all compatilable with wiiu im pretty sure 5 controllers is more and enough for ssb 4

let hope this gamecube adapter arrive on launch date for europe and ireland too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQySEjyCUw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 HavelTheRock

let hope this gamecube adapter arrive on launch date for europe and ireland too

It's going to suck if it doesn't I don't think my brain would work trying to play smash with the Wii U controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCtp14W92Do
    retranslate into english

Nintendo E3 2014 Digital Event Conference Full Video

Here’s Dr. Eggman’s machine, Eggrobo, Dr Robotnik trophy. It’ll appear as a guest character in Smash Run and attack you with laser beams. well now we could've Sonic's nemesis joining the battle as pc

http://www.explosion.com/60819/dr-eg...er-smash-bros/

The new coin launcher mode looks pretty cool, seems to be an avoid tetris blocks falling thing. Lot better than shooting coins at trophies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's going to suck if it doesn't I don't think my brain would work trying to play smash with the Wii U controller.

Yeah I played Melee and Brawl with a cube controller. It would feel really weird to play a smash game without one. I'll have to find mine and dust them off though. And look for my wavebird receiver. :p

i hope the adapter comes to ireland so i can use my gamecube controllers, gamecube silver controller, gamecube orange controller, wavebird and my white gamecube controller

i hope the adapter comes to ireland so i can use my gamecube controllers, gamecube silver controller, gamecube orange controller, wavebird and my white gamecube controller

Hang on now, I don't think it's compatible with EVERY colour...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Hang on now, I don't think it's compatible with EVERY colour...

You mean the adapter's RACIST?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JAaR4KncQ

i hope game and watch is back 2 since i saw him at end pacman trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JAaR4KncQ

i hope game and watch is back 2 since i saw him at end pacman trailer

It's weird that they'd include him in a trailer, and NOT confirm him as a returning character, but that's absolutely what has happened.

No confirmed GOW at all.

• Advertisement

No Game OR Watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Marcus Fenix and Kratos still unconfirmed.

You're laughing now, but I'm gonna ruin the two of you when Nintendo confirm the beast: Mr Gears Of War.

The two dimensional terror that comes in a variety of colours; all brown.

Tossing sausage grenades out of his frying pan from behind a chest high wall.

All of his bleep and bloops are actually cencored swears.

Actually this is starting to sound like the best character ever....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

You're laughing now, but I'm gonna ruin the two of you when Nintendo confirm the beast: Mr Gears Of War.

The two dimensional terror that comes in a variety of colours; all brown.

Tossing sausage grenades out of his frying pan from behind a chest high wall.

All of his bleep and bloops are actually cencored swears.

Actually this is starting to sound like the best character ever....

His Final Smash will initiate a mini version of Cement Factory where he builds his own chest-high-wall to hide behind.

the Super Smash bros for 3ds due release in usa on october 3rd, is that same date with rest of world

Nintendo has been doing a lot of worldwide releases lately, and Smash Bros is one of their biggest titles. So like Mario Kart 8, I'm sure that it'll be out either on October 3rd, or only a couple of days around that mark.

So apparently Cap Falcon wasn't even announced for Smash Bros people just found him while playing the game. I wonder if that's how it will be with the new one or if there's a point to that because the 3DS will spoil the roster for Wii U players anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So apparently Cap Falcon wasn't even announced for Smash Bros people just found him while playing the game. I wonder if that's how it will be with the new one or if there's a point to that because the 3DS will spoil the roster for Wii U players anyway.

There were loads of secret characters in all the Smash games. I still remember the day me and my brother were playing Melee after a good year of regular play, then suddenly A New Challenger Approaches!

This game has Mewtwo?!

Ah, pre-internet. It was a special time.

Maybe they'll do something like timelock characters until the WiiU release or something. I doubt it because that could only anger people though.
    The games are only being released a couple of months apart from the sounds of it anyway.

DLC is a thing now though. It really shouldn't anger many people unless Nintendo plan to sell the characters rather than just have them "unlock" in the game.

• Advertisement

Lythero wrote: »
    DLC is a thing now though. It really shouldn't anger many people unless Nintendo plan to sell the characters rather than just have them "unlock" in the game.

They could use that amiibo thing to add additional characters. Maybe they'd even give them out as free dlc to encourage people to buy the amiibo.

That doesn't help us getting soridu snaku though.

Advertisement