Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistling.Your thoughts on it.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

My boyfriend can whistle really well, I find it really hot :o I can't whistle at all...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Most people who whistle along to music also tend to have awful taste in music.
    There seems to be some strange correlation between the two.

Yeah... it's really annoying listening to the youngers whistling along to Skrillex.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can whistle very tunefully, even if I do say so myself:P. My favourite tune to whistle is the beginning of Patience, Guns n Roses. My Dad was constantly whistling, and taught me when I was tiny. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

bluewolf wrote: »
    Me neither :(

Not even a 'wolf whistle'?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

I had a student from Holland in my home for 5 months who whistle or hummed all the time, by the end of May , I was fit to kill him before he left, all day long , didnt matter what he was doing , cooking or in the shower,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

dang you didn grow up in england did you
    all those silly hitler songs they used sing over there when i was a kid

No, just a fan of Dad's Army. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was in Amsterdam about a year ago and heard whistling. I looked around because it was very loud and melodious, but saw no-one whistling. A couple of minutes later he walked past; you could hear him well after he'd gone too, the whistle must have carried for a few hundred metres. I have no idea how he managed to whistle so loudly so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Someone whistling along to a song or just in general

Me-"The original was better"
    Them-"That is the original":confused:

I'll just keep walking before the penny drops:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

It's a dying artform passed on from father to son. If your Da is really oldschool you'll be taught; Sing a few lines from the song > Insert whistling for the bits you don't know > Hum a bit > Sing same lines of the song again.

-Funk

I love whistling and people who whistle.They always seem like a cheery bunch.
    yeah, whistling makes me smile:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Yeah my grandad passed it onto me. Don't really see anything wrong with it. You never see sad people whistling. My theory is that you have to half smile to whistle and smiling makes you happy so therefore whistling makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

IM0 wrote: »
    only perverts do it

Bearded whistling perverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I enjoy whistling, if only because I couldn't until my twenties. Still can't snap my fingers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

I am really bad at remembering tunes...

But for some reason... when I whistle, I always whistle the Glenroe theme music???... Cant even think of it now but I know if i started whistling... there it would be... taunting me... stalking me... from the dark... *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I can whistle and hum at the same time!!:D ... but not different tunes:(

Advertisement