Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queue skipping

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

I once pulled a women for skipping the queue. Only to find out she was retarded or something and i got really embarrassed and walked out of the shop....oop's

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The old eastern europeans used to be feckers for it in our local post office years ago.

There was a big block of shelving that separated the shop from the post office and the queue used to stretch back a good bit. The lads used to walk into the shop part and stand hidden by the shelving...the staff would then call "next" and the lads would leg it to the counter!!

The staff knew the crack and would chase them back to the queue. I never waited for that to happen...I just walked up beside them and told the girl what I was looking...usually with some huge Lithuanian gym monster giving out hell to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

Camrat wrote: »
    I once pulled a women for skipping the queue. Only to find out she was retarded or something and i got really embarrassed and walked out of the shop....oop's

That's another woman you left standing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

McDonald's is not good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Canard wrote: »
    When I was 15 I was at Universal Studios and oh my god, I still cringe when I remember this. There was a sign saying that to go into another part, because the queuing time was 5 hours, you could leave one person there and then the rest could go off - the idea being that you could take turns I suppose. My cousin totally misinterpreted that and thought you could do it with all the rides in that section. I didn't really realize you couldn't until after, though I wasn't too sure...

The queue for one of the rides in there was ridiculous. Like I would imagine you'd wait 3-4 hours for it. We skipped the ENTIRE line. The filthy looks might have made the journey seem longer, but I'm pretty sure that line was just huge anyway. I felt so bad and just stopped at one point, but of course with him not getting that we couldn't do that and the rest of our family waiting up the top, I had to keep going.

Ughhhhh :o

If you go in September or October its not as hot and rarely any queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Hownowcow wrote: »
    That's another woman you left standing.

Well in fairness they have to learn somewhere after all, They already get the best parking spots.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I was bringing my kid to the cinema, a couple teens jumped ahead of me just before I got to the till....watery heads on them when I told them to join the queue at the back....I am a real Meldrew when it comes to this lark.

And I always tell the yappers to zip it in the cinema, talking crap when I'm watching a movie....my Mrs hates this side of me....but I love telling dickwads where to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Banner12

Was stuck in traffic heading to Beach yesterday, on the very narrow entrance road to beach I held back about 3 car lengths in case cars in front needed to reverse to make space for cars leaving The clown behind me took the opportunity to overtake jump one space. When we came to park we found a space before him because he was too impatient to look around him to see who was leaving. Sometimes there is justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Happened the other day in Dunnes in the Blanchardstown Centre, queue for the tills was fairly lengthy, a black Muslim fella just barreled in behind me skipping the queue, I wouldn't have noticed only he bumped in to me in his haste.

I know for sure he wasn't in the queue prior to this, I turned around and told him the queue didn't start there and that he needed to head to the end of the line behind me (about 10 or 12 people).

His initial response was that I was racist! Told him to cop on, and that I'd have told a white person to do the same, his next response was that I was picking on him because he was a Muslim lol.

Told him to feck off and get at the end of the queue, he went off muttering, but it really annoyed me, playing first the race card, and when that failed, playing the religion card, really annoyed me as I'd have told anyone who skipped the queue to scarper, irrelevant of skin colour or religion.

Yeah, that did go off on a mad tangent, has just been bugging me the past couple of days :)

Advertisement