Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queue skipping

Options
  • 10-06-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

anyone driven demented with this..i was in mcdonalds yesterday with the kids..4 tills open and 1 person at each so happy days im next..guy walks in behind me and a till becomes free and he just walks up by me and orders..????..maybe im getting cranky in my old age but it really annoys me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

face
    kick

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

He was doing you a favour OP. Giving you that extra time to reconsider your nutrition choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

meh..I've done..new tils, new queue, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKING FUCK! *I* WAS HERE FIRST SO YOU STEP THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT FUCKING TILL OR I WILL DRAG YOUR FUCKING ASS INTO THE FUCKING STREET AND KICK YOUR FUCKING TEETH IN!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

he probably saw you tending to the kids and just said well ok then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Seachmall wrote: »
    "LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKING FUCK! *I* WAS HERE FIRST SO YOU STEP THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT FUCKING TILL OR I WILL DRAG YOUR FUCKING ASS INTO THE STREET AND KICK YOUR FUCKING TEETH IN!"
    Or you could over react!!!!

:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else get the 130 bus on Abbey Street? That'll teach you to queue properly.

Someone skips the line they get roared at. It's great - the way it should be everywhere! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

It is shit when you are queueing for minutes and someone walks straight up. Or when you're in a supaermarket and you're 2nd or 3rd in a queue when a till opens and the last person in is the first person served.

Saying all that, I'm sure I've been on the good end of these scenarios, but we never remember those when we want a good moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Thats Mc Doanlds, You pick a queue and you wait.

If i walk in and look at 3 tills with a long queue and one thats free, i'm going to the one thats free.

Should have been in the shorter queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

They're not technically queue skipping because they're not skipping you in the queue that you are currently in and are in fact, the first person in a new queue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

The worst one that happened to me was when I was waiting for the lavatory on a plane.

Some bloke was walking towards me, the person inside got out, I was walking in and this man sticks his arm in front of the door and goes in before me. I said "Sorry, I was here first?" then he turns around and says "So? I don't care..and I'm older than you" in a posh patronizing English accent(flight was from Heathrow).

Okay maybe it's not that bad but he just so arrogant. Still hate that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

... as I hide my face in shame.... I swear I only seem to do it after drink, I can't seem to cop myself on when pissed and just always think of walking up the side and walk straight in, it always seems to work :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

When I'm drunk and in a queue I try to start a conga with the person in front. 7 times out of 10 I get fastracked to the front, the other 3 I get fcuked out, but it's McDonalds, who cares??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    The worst one that happened to me was when I was waiting for the lavatory on a plane.

Some bloke was walking towards me, the person inside got out, I was walking in and this man sticks his arm in front of the door and goes in before me. I said "Sorry, I was here first?" then he turns around and says "So? I don't care..and I'm older than you" in a posh patronizing English accent(flight was from Heathrow).

Something like that happened to me in a shopping centre today. Unfamiliar with the area I ventured down the hallway following some other guy and suddenly he opened a door and walked through it closing it after him.

"Ignorant prick!" I thought as I pulled open the door... only to walk right in on the guy! "Ohh shìt, shìt, sorry!", as I backed out the door sharpish! :o

I thought it was supposed to be a couple of urinals and cubicles behind the door, I couldn't see any other doors as I waited around outside, and when it was my turn I realised there wasn't even a lock on the door! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

gymman39 wrote: »
    anyone driven demented with this..i was in mcdonalds yesterday with the kids..4 tills open and 1 person at each so happy days im next..guy walks in behind me and a till becomes free and he just walks up by me and orders..????..maybe im getting cranky in my old age but it really annoys me...

There is no formal queue system in any of the fast food places.

Having a line, and awaiting for some doddery old ****e to move when called would cause them more in time waiting.

Current system lets them serve people the fastest.

Just need to be quicker on the ball OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

I also dislike airline peanuts and find the packets a challenge to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Better for everyone to see someone taking the initiative and placing their order.

Nothing worse than being stuck behind two people engaging in a standoff while you lose the will to live behind them.

"After You"
    "You were first"
    "no you go on"
    "no I insist"
    "Really?"
    "Yes, you're welcome"

:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

you should have taken a **** on his seat while he was in the jacks, and so killing two birds with one stone, revenge and toilet functions

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

When I was 15 I was at Universal Studios and oh my god, I still cringe when I remember this. There was a sign saying that to go into another part, because the queuing time was 5 hours, you could leave one person there and then the rest could go off - the idea being that you could take turns I suppose. My cousin totally misinterpreted that and thought you could do it with all the rides in that section. I didn't really realize you couldn't until after, though I wasn't too sure...

The queue for one of the rides in there was ridiculous. Like I would imagine you'd wait 3-4 hours for it. We skipped the ENTIRE line. The filthy looks might have made the journey seem longer, but I'm pretty sure that line was just huge anyway. I felt so bad and just stopped at one point, but of course with him not getting that we couldn't do that and the rest of our family waiting up the top, I had to keep going.

Ughhhhh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

Skid X wrote: »

"After You"
    "You were first"
    "no you go on"
    "no I insist"
    "Really?"
    "Yes, you're welcome"

Not a problem round my area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

A couple of knackers came into the local post office last week, One of which (a Female) marched to the top of the queue

proclaiming she had a taxi outside and couldn't wait in line. She asked the first person in the queue if he minded if she

skipped him to which his reply was no. Anyway i spoke up and told her no, "we are all queueing here" i said.

Within seconds i was swarmed by a bunch of scumbag's (her males friend's i'm guessing) telling me to mind my own business.

I had one fella right in my face telling me i'd get knocked the f**k out if i didn't shut my face...lol

I should explain i'm not big person, not small either. I have practice kickboxing since i was 11 years old. (long time)

So i told the fella to wait outside until i had paid my gas bill and we will see who will knock who out....When i came out they were gone.

****ty part about it is i'll probably get jumped by the same gang some night...I've seen them around a fare bit.

But f**k them queue skippers. Stand united and stay in line

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Camrat wrote: »
    A couple of knackers came into the local post office last week, One of which (a Female) marched to the top of the queue

proclaiming she had a taxi outside and couldn't wait in line. She asked the first person in the queue if he minded if she

skipped him to which his reply was no. Anyway i spoke up and told her no, "we are all queueing here" i said.

Within seconds i was swarmed by a bunch of scumbag's (her males friend's i'm guessing) telling me to mind my own business.

I had one fella right in my face telling me i'd get knocked the f**k out if i didn't shut my face...lol

I should explain i'm not big person, not small either. I have practice kickboxing since i was 11 years old. (long time)

So i told the fella to wait outside until i had paid my gas bill and we will see who will knock who out....When i came out they were gone.

****ty part about it is i'll probably get jumped by the same gang some night...I've seen them around a fare bit.

But f**k them queue skippers. Stand united and stay in line

Women eh? So much better when they are messy drunk and you can just leave them somewhere whilst telling the taxi to GO GO GO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else get the 130 bus on Abbey Street? That'll teach you to queue properly.

Someone skips the line they get roared at. It's great - the way it should be everywhere! :)

you should see what people do on westmoreland street. i once waited for a bus and at least 7 people walked to the top to "read the times". Then just stood at the front

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Canard wrote: »
    When I was 15 I was at Universal Studios and oh my god, I still cringe when I remember this. There was a sign saying that to go into another part, because the queuing time was 5 hours, you could leave one person there and then the rest could go off - the idea being that you could take turns I suppose. My cousin totally misinterpreted that and thought you could do it with all the rides in that section. I didn't really realize you couldn't until after, though I wasn't too sure...

The queue for one of the rides in there was ridiculous. Like I would imagine you'd wait 3-4 hours for it. We skipped the ENTIRE line. The filthy looks might have made the journey seem longer, but I'm pretty sure that line was just huge anyway. I felt so bad and just stopped at one point, but of course with him not getting that we couldn't do that and the rest of our family waiting up the top, I had to keep going.

Ughhhhh :o

The thing about queues there is that they seem to start when you reach the last person in the queue...and not when you enter the queue. My OH and myself were queing for a ride and were overtaken by about 30 members of an extended family, complaining more with each passing one only to eventually ne tapped on the shoulder by the people who had been behind us through the whole queue and tell us not to worry they were going to call them back.....of coirse we did the typical Irish thing and said 'Eh no it's fine go ahead.".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EyeSight wrote: »
    you should see what people do on westmoreland street. i once waited for a bus and at least 7 people walked to the top to "read the times". Then just stood at the front

Hah! Do that at the 130 stop and you won't live to tell the tale ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I hate queuing full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

gymman39 wrote: »
    That's no skipping it's like other said you're in a different queue. Have you even been to KFC in Dundrum, nearly every time I go there the queues are all short until a group of people come in and get into one queue which other people then join, even though there are shorter queues.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Seachmall wrote: »
    "LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKING FUCK! *I* WAS HERE FIRST SO YOU STEP THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT FUCKING TILL OR I WILL DRAG YOUR FUCKING ASS INTO THE FUCKING STREET AND KICK YOUR FUCKING TEETH IN!"

Another taxi skip to front of queue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

A mate of mine was once waiting for a Grafton Street ATM. When it came to his turn, a young lady came round the corner and cut in.

"Excuse me, I'm next," he said.
    "Oh go away," she replied.

As she did her thing with the machine, he noticed she had a River Island bag. He peeked into it. A pristine white garment lay at the bottom.

After a hefty drag on his fag, he dropped it into the bag and walked away.

There are other ATMs in the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Was queuing for coffee in Dublin Airport for about 15mins a few years ago. As I finally got to the counter an elderly woman blatantly jumped in front of me (skipping the entire queue) and was in the middle of placing her order when I politely informed her that there was a queue. She at first said she didn't see it (impossible given its length), then tried to say I should let her skip it because she was older, and finally went into a rant and started screaming at me saying I was "a very rude young man" and that I "should be ashamed of myself" - to the point where airport security came over and asked ME what was going on and why was I harassing her! I calmly explained the situation and fair play to the guy, he told her to join the back of the queue. Cue a somewhat embarrassing round of applause from some people in the queue and a few people saying "well said" etc.

I suspect she rang Joe Duffy when she got back from Lourdes (!) and gave out about the lack of manners of "young people" today.......

Advertisement