Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman and their time of the Month

Options
  • 10-06-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

It's my GF's time of the month at the moment and jeez h christ shes moodYesterday we were waiting in line to go into a park in the car andthe woman at the front of the que didnt have change for the barriershe beeped and beeped. I told her to relax and she just said" Its my period so im going to be mental for next 4 days"Anyone got a place I can kip in...My question for AH is your OH as mental when its her time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

/* Gets popcorn */

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Periods.

You should try using one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I just spent the last 5 minutes walking to the luas and crying because I forgot my ice pops :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

There is no scientific evidence that suggests women are more or less emotional due to it being "that time of the month".

It's a myth perpetuated by confirmation bias and the observer-expectancy effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No big deal for my gf, I just avoid annoying her, supply copious amounts of icecream and chocolate and come out of it better than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I can't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

/* Gets popcorn */

* thumps him takes all the popcorn*

" it's my period, made me mad!"

Lol

Ha ha ha ha ha

Ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

she sounds mental op, get out now while you can.

The luas left as soon as I tried to open the door :( I need a hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

OP calmly explain in your most condescending voice that she is playing up to a stereotype that her gender are trying to get rid of. Finish up with something about how if she wants to play it that way, you will also have a 4 day per month period which you will quench with beer and curries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Seachmall wrote: »
    There is no scientific evidence that suggests women are more or less emotional due to it being "that time of the month".

It's a myth perpetuated by confirmation bias and the observer-expectancy effect.

Then scientists need to live with a woman.

Apparently the sort of man a woman finds attractive can vary depending on where they are in their monthly cycle.

When they are not menstruating, women prefer buff, well groomed yet rugged looking men.

When they are menstruating, they prefer men with a spear through his head and genitals that have been attacked with a broken bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Slice up your Gooch and say Bitch its my period now! 100% guaranteed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

The luas left as soon as I tried to open the door :(.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

The luas left as soon as I tried to open the door :( I need a hug.

wait where did your other post go :confused:

:\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

**Vai** wrote: »
    OP calmly explain in your most condescending voice that she is playing up to a stereotype that her gender are trying to get rid of. Finish up with something about how if she wants to play it that way, you will also have a 4 day per month period which you will quench with beer and curries.

W A R N I N G

This could be very dangerous!

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Is that actually true? I tried googling it but probably using the wrong phrases to search for. Surely with the change in hormones being produced there would be change in mood? Maybe women aren't 'more emotional' as a direct symptom but they can be more drained emotionally and physically from the pain that often accompanies menstruation - cramps and headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Are you saying PMS is imaginary? Are you nuts? I'm not saying every woman gets more emotional around that time, but, seriously, do you know any women?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Is that actually true?

I have no idea.

Edit - No, evidentially it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Japanese flag week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

My oh gets a bit narky, but compensates for it.

Your oh just sounds like a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Originally Posted by Seachmall viewpost.gif

Is that actually true? I tried googling it but probably using the wrong phrases to search for. Surely with the change in hormones being produced there would be change in mood? Maybe women aren't 'more emotional' as a direct symptom but they can be more drained emotionally and physically from the pain that often accompanies menstruation - cramps and headaches.

Meh, it's one theory. I read something about it on Jezebel, but I forget the link and...you know, it's Jezebal.

But the Period symptoms on their own, IMO, would make anybody grumpy:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I am slightly emotional prior to catamenia, but once menses starts I am back to me auld self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I am slightly emotional prior to catamenia, but once menses starts I am back to me auld self.

I hated Latin as well.

I get really horny for the whole week. Unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Q. Why do wimmens have periods?

A. Because they deserve them!:D

Runs SPRINTS for cover from the baying mob of hormonal banshees

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So its just another excuse for women to be cnuts is that what your saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

This will end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I have no idea.

Edit - No, evidentially it's not.

Ah, the downfalls of the null set hypothesis.

• Advertisement

Faith+1 wrote: »
    I can't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die

Am I the only one amused that Ilik Urgee thanked this?

OT, I'm exactly the same even-tempered person before, during and after the communist invasion but I know I'm lucky. And I make sure everyone else knows they're lucky too.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement