Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

negative equity - share your personal experiences

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

promethius wrote: »
    ever buy nappies?

Ever buy contraception?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

ad83 wrote: »
    . I have a friend who now has partner and a baby living in his one bedroom I have a schoolfriend who bought a house around the end of his apprenticeship as a carpenter for 900k which is now valued at 350. Doesnt speak a word of it.

If he doesn't speak a word of it then how do you know about it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Honestly, I think the smugness of the post-tiger generation is almost worse than the era itself.

It ended 6 years ago, GET OVER IT PEOPLE :mad:

People seem to be taking an almost sadistic delight in hearing about negative equity, mortgage arrears, etc, probably sitting in their flatshare, masturbating furiously over their laptops to stories of negative equity and trying not to wake up the other housemates. All the while attributing to themselves Promethean levels of foresight for not buying a house during the boom (although, like me, they probably never had money to buy one at the time anyway). Get over it FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Honestly, I think the smugness of the post-tiger generation is almost worse than the era itself.

People seem to be taking an almost sadistic delight in hearing about negative equity, mortgage arrears, etc, probably sitting in their flatshare, masturbating furiously over their laptops to stories of negative equity and trying not to wake up the other housemates. All the while attributing to themselves Promethean levels of foresight for not buying a house during the boom (although, like me, they probably never had money to buy one at the time anyway). Get over it FFS.

A good point was made earlier the boom gloaters and the bust gloaters are two cheeks of the same arse.. **** really.

I'm not in negative equity btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

I had enough money, I have more than enough money now, but still I think prices are way too high, kept propped up by vested interests. I am not in a flatshare, I do however look at askaboutmoney the odd time to see how lucky I am not to be one of those in NE. And also to learn from their mistakes.

You played a game y'all and you lost, and us merely mentioning that fact makes us w*nkers? Pfff.. you lot do not have my sympathy in that case. Especially because some of you are trying to get me (as a taxpayer) to pay for debt writeoff of some of your mortgage? pfff again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

And as usual the Irish give it the full Tinker's Wedding and fight among themselves. Gwan the winner! Red Will Danagher versus the Yank!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 y0pperz

lima wrote: »
    I had enough money, I have more than enough money now, but still I think prices are way too high, kept propped up by vested interests. I am not in a flatshare, I do however look at askaboutmoney the odd time to see how lucky I am not to be one of those in NE. And also to learn from their mistakes.

You played a game y'all and you lost, and us merely mentioning that fact makes us w*nkers? Pfff.. you lot do not have my sympathy in that case. Especially because some of you are trying to get me (as a taxpayer) to pay for debt writeoff of some of your mortgage? pfff again.

Pfff

Advertisement