Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get exhausted after drinking?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

*I've found the best thing to do is skip the beer completely and just hammer back (double) vodka and Red Bull for the night. The vodka gets you a bit tipsy, the Red Bull keeps you from napping on the bar counter. Win win.

*Please note, this is not exactly cheap, and if done on a regular basis will more than likely shorten your life significantly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Kev.OC wrote: »
    The vodka gets you a absolutely tit faced, the Red Bull keeps you from napping on the bar counter. Win win.

FYP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Personally, I've found a power-nap before I go out solves the problem. Fifteen to 30 minutes washes away any tiredness and resets the clock, allowing me to keep going to the small hours.

When I didn't do that, general tiredness combined with the drink would often make me start to nod off after a few. I'd eventually get through it, but you don't want to be half asleep in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 asmav

Im finding myself that i dont function for about 2 days after. Had a wedding this weekend and still feeling the after effects of Saturday night, that said herbal tea does help. (As unmanly as it sounds to be on the couch with)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I've more or less given up drinking beer on a night out as it tends to make me tired. Most other drinks and I can stay up until all hours. Apparently hops have a sedative effect.

Apart from that just learn to pace yourself and drink a bit less, it's cheaper and you'll feel better the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭ooter

i don't drink beer/guinness any more,i stick to wine and cider to a lesser extent.
    the gluten in the beer really fcuked me up,even after 1 pint i noticed a complete difference in my mood and energy levels.i used to think it effected everyone the same way but now i know different.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Don't want to sound like a smart arse but maybe drinking "against" your friends is the problem?

Like the ad says "the best pace to drink at is your own"

It's not good to try to "keep up" with someone who has a greater tolerance for alcohol than you - took me a while to learn this when i was younger!! Do you need to start drinking at 7 or 8? Would a sleep in the evening and a start of 9 or 10 not make more sense if you want to stay out later?

Please don't think i'm preaching here - keep enjoying yourself because before you know it those days will be in the past!!

Advertisement