Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Episode 10: Have NOT read the books

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

HODOR!! hodorrrrrrrr

HODOR!! hodorrrrrrrr

That bit at the well had me in the stitches and the big grin when sam said he heard all about him.

He adds a nice touch of comedy to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

garv123 wrote: »
    HODOR!! hodorrrrrrrr

HODOR!! hodorrrrrrrr

That bit at the well had me in the stitches and the big grin when sam said he heard all about him.

He adds a nice touch of comedy to it :D

Came here to post this. That bit was great. He was so happy.

Also Arya getting her first. Nice work :) Hopefully there will be many more. Now she has no reason not to find Jaqen ...

Valar Morghulis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

naughto wrote: »
    glad to see arya shark grow a pain of balls ( i no she cant but still)and knife that dude in the neck
    she has being afraid of her own sh1te for two long.
    iam glad that catenyn shark is dead she was a pain in the h1ole.

Are they the Shark's of the hollow? :pac:

The Arya I know is what 11 years old? Seen her friend get killed by a man she currently shares her company with. See her father get beheaded. Have hope snatched away from her at least twice when the Night's Watch gets attacked and now getting within a few feet of her mother and brother before they are brutally murdered. In between she she survives with just Gendry and Hot Pie in the wild, faces off with Tywin Lannister, meets Jaqen a man she saved from certain death and escapes from Harrenhal. Not to mind meeting Beric et all and getting captured by the Hound.

To top it off she see's her brother's decapitated body with his Direwolf's head sewn on. All the while she's learned to fight and has proven herself the bravest person in the show, standing up to anyone where it's reasonably possible and more. To quote Robb Stark talking about advice Ned gave him about being brave while scared: (Season 2.8)
    I asked him, How can a man be brave if he's afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave

I'm not sure about you but I know if I was 11 and had witnessed that I'd be a lot more than "scared of her own Sh!te". She grew a pair of balls a hell of a long time ago as far as I'm concerned!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

krudler wrote: »
    Er what? she's killed a couple of people, outsmarted Tywin Lannister, called the Brotherhood guys out on giving Gendry up and told The Hound she'll kill him the first chance she gets, and was going to as well until he woke up, and backed him down in an argument with her.
    if she did kill a couple of people why did the hound ask her was it her first kill??she had done very little but mouth at people,iwas glad she killed that guy at the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Podrick's reputation is obviously spreading around King's Landing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arya also killed a boy with Needle in season 1.

Are they the Shark's of the hollow? :pac:

The Arya I know is what 11 years old? Seen her friend get killed by a man she currently shares her company with. See her father get beheaded. Have hope snatched away from her at least twice when the Night's Watch gets attacked and now getting within a few feet of her mother and brother before they are brutally murdered. In between she she survives with just Gendry and Hot Pie in the wild, faces off with Tywin Lannister, meets Jaqen a man she saved from certain death and escapes from Harrenhal. Not to mind meeting Beric et all and getting captured by the Hound.

To top it off she see's her brother's decapitated body with his Direwolf's head sewn on. All the while she's learned to fight and has proven herself the bravest person in the show, standing up to anyone where it's reasonably possible and more. To quote Robb Stark talking about advice Ned gave him about being brave while scared: (Season 2.8)

I'm not sure about you but I know if I was 11 and had witnessed that I'd be a lot more than "scared of her own Sh!te". She grew a pair of balls a hell of a long time ago as far as I'm concerned!

aaaa its a tv show dude ya no that thing that sits in your sitting room its on that on sundays.
    seen this done that bought the t shirt but has only killed one man

aaaa its a tv show dude ya no that thing that sits in your sitting room its on that on sundays.
    seen this done that bought the t shirt but has only killed one man

And how many have you killed? :p

And how many have you killed? :p

took out the admins,mods on the Irl clan.net site there one night so about 12
    rellay went to town on one or two of them:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Kold wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I didn't really think of him as being the bastard son but more.... an utterly ruthless bastard. As in the Boltons are famous for being torturous and this guy might be the most infamous torturer known to others as "Bolton's Bastard."

Or he could be his son idfk.

He told Theon that his name was Ramsey Snow, Snow being the surname given to bastards eg. Jon Snow, bastard son of Ned Stark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gamayun wrote: »
    He told Theon that his name was Ramsey Snow, Snow being the surname given to bastards eg. Jon Snow, bastard son of Ned Stark.

Bastards of the north only I believe. Theres a few more, Sand is one isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Storm in the Stormlands, Rivers in the Riverlands, Stone in the Vale I think amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

It is, if you were a bástard born of Dorne (that's where all their fancy wine comes from).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Where the hell is Littlefinger?!
    Did he not sail away at some stage.

Before Sansa's marriage? I remember her crying after a ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Now that its confirmed who the torturer is, how long til Roose, and ultimately Tywin find out about Bran and Rickon and what should happen? Rickon will soon be at the hands of another house (whose name I can't remember), who will probably now have to be loyal to Bolton. My guess is that Rickon's fate depends on how they feel about the whole Robb thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

if she did kill a couple of people why did the hound ask her was it her first kill??she had done very little but mouth at people,iwas glad she killed that guy at the fire.

Because it was the first he'd seen her kill obviously, they didn't spend that much time together before he captured her in case you hadn't noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Now that its confirmed who the torturer is, how long til Roose, and ultimately Tywin find out about Bran and Rickon and what should happen? Rickon will soon be at the hands of another house (whose name I can't remember), who will probably now have to be loyal to Bolton. My guess is that Rickon's fate depends on how they feel about the whole Robb thing

I'm hoping that Roose's bastard is either too psychotic to realise the relevance of what Theon told him or that Theon's sister will kill him before he gets in contact with Roose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

You ever been on a boat before ?
    No
    You know how to swim ?
    No
    Then don't fall out.
    Health and Safety GoT style.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Good episode, no major surprises or any real developments, but it sets everything up nicely for next season. Next season should be an epic, the 3 remaining kings plus hopefully Daenerys (if she ever crosses the narrow sea!) versus the whitewalkers and their army. Mance Rayder's army will complicate things though.

Don't know what relevance the Theon storyline has, can't see that whole thing creating a difference in the overall scheme of things.

2 things that really pleased me were Joffrey getting "put to bed without his supper" and Arya killing yer man. The Hound has also quickly become one of my favourite characters in the series, his reaction to the situation was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

THFC wrote: »

2 things that really pleased me were Joffrey getting "put to bed without his supper" and Arya killing yer man. The Hound has also quickly become one of my favourite characters in the series, his reaction to the situation was hilarious.

Yeah, "next time you want to pick a fight with four heavily armed guys, let us know first". - a suitable role model for the young lady.

• Advertisement

Do people not think jon snow getting shot by ygritte is a bit of a surprise?

Looking more and more likely that the Hound and Arya may strike up a friendship in the end! I hope so anyway, think their scenes together are brilliant!

As for Jon and Ygritte, I'm really not sure as to what her intentions are. Even though she shot him I still feel that she will forgive him, and he her. But who know!

Looking more and more likely that the Hound and Arya may strike up a friendship in the end! I hope so anyway, think their scenes together are brilliant!

As for Jon and Ygritte, I'm really not sure as to what her intentions are. Even though she shot him I still feel that she will forgive him, and he her. But who know!

3 arrows.. id say her intentions were to kill him :D

You might be feeling regret after the first one, but then to fire 2 more..

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, assuming he lives he still has his oath sworn to the night watch which means no wommens and he cant turn his back on the night watch or they'll kill him.

3 arrows.. id say her intentions were to kill him :D

You might be feeling regret after the first one, but then to fire 2 more..

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, assuming he lives he still has his oath sworn to the night watch which means no wommens and he cant turn his back on the night watch or they'll kill him.

Haha this is true! But in spite of that I do think that they both love each other...does this mean he won't have to kill her? Not at all, this is Game of Thrones dammit :D

I know the evidence is wildly against it but I have a gut feeling they will wind up together somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Jon is as bad as Ned and Robb, aside from the fact he let her catch up with him despite being on horseback, he presumed she wouldn't shoot him, and then just took 3 arrows without doing anything, nearly letting himself die

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

if she did kill a couple of people why did the hound ask her was it her first kill??

She didn't say it was her first kill, although the Hound interpreted it that way. He asked if it was the first man that she killed, and she agreed, emphasizing the word "man". The last person she killed herself was a boy in season 1.

She's also ordered a shed load more people killed by assassin than most girls her age.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

thiarfearr wrote: »
    then just took 3 arrows without doing anything, nearly letting himself die

He got onto the horse after the first one. Nothing else he could have done, he couldn't have charged her down so the only thing to do was play the 'you love me, you won't do it' card and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kold wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I didn't really think of him as being the bastard son but more.... an utterly ruthless bastard. As in the Boltons are famous for being torturous and this guy might be the most infamous torturer known to others as "Bolton's Bastard."

Or he could be his son idfk.

The letter he sent to Theon's father said he was Ramsey Snow, Natural born son of Lord Bolton, Warden of the North etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

House Umber I think.

Advertisement