Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi cancelled???? (NO btw.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

ticketmaster still selling tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Blaze of Glory.

It's basically like, my life in a song.

You're a gigolo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You're a gigolo?
    Na, always shot down.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I would have gone had the support act not been Bressie. I was already a bit disappointed that it was in an awkward location and seeing the support act kind of made me make up my mind.

I have been to many of their concerts and they've always been good fun but I can't say trekking to Slane and hearing Bressie and the Coronas is particularly appealing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No great loss. Don't they come to Ireland every year on the "Money for Old Rope" tour?
    They go to all those other country's to and unless Ireland the exception , I'm not sure it's money for old rope abroad to .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Blaze of Glory.

It's basically like, my life in a song.

That was a solo effort by Jon Bon Jovi on the Young Guns 2 / Blaze Of Glory Soundtrack.

Shoot me for knowing this :p

Edit - That soundtrack has one of the best songs I've ever heard - Santa Fe (the live version covered by Bon Jovi in recent times is ****e though)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

It's definitely going ahead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I thought he was off acting still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I wanted to get tickets for Bon Jovi but I'm going to a concert later in the summer and couldn't afford more than one concert. Such a disappointment its cancelled for those that did buy tickets though.

All in all 2013 is shaping up to be a very good year for music concerts.

Olly Murs was at Easter.
    The Lion King performance opened in May.
    -Bon Jovi
    -Bruce Springsteen
    -Robbie Williams
    -Michael Buble (my favourite)
    all in June/July

The crowd who sings 'Ho Hey' is on in the winter. Billy Joel is on in November.

I wanted to go to
    -Nathan Carter,
    and
    -The High Kings
    a few weeks ago.

Not really music but my sister told me that Attraction who won Britain got Talent, just last night, is putting on a performance in Dublin in August.

I want to go to so much but couldn't afford them all.

I'd love a bit of Sharon Shannon and The Saw Doctors too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I wanted to get tickets for Bon Jovi but I'm going to a concert later in the summer and couldn't afford more than one concert. Such a disappointment its cancelled for those that did buy tickets though.

All in all 2013 is shaping up to be a very good year for music concerts.

Olly Murs was at Easter.
    The Lion King performance opened in May.
    -Bon Jovi
    -Bruce Springsteen
    -Robbie Williams
    -Michael Buble (my favourite)
    all in June/July

The crowd who sings 'Ho Hey' is on in the winter. Billy Joel is on in November.

I wanted to go to
    -Nathan Carter,
    and
    -The High Kings
    a few weeks ago.

Not really music but my sister told me that Attraction who won Britain got Talent, just last night, is putting on a performance in Dublin in August.

I want to go to so much but couldn't afford them all.

I'd love a bit of Sharon Shannon and The Saw Doctors too.

That might be the worst list of concerts I've ever seen (w/ the obvious exception of Springsteen) well done.

• Advertisement

drquirky wrote: »
    That might be the worst list of concerts I've ever seen (w/ the obvious exception of Springsteen) well done.

That's so funny. For a few years, there was nothing playing here that interests me. We're clearly different on music tastes.

Word has it that Garth Brooks is making a come back with a tour in 2014. I can't wait :-)

That's a bit harsh. Nathan Carter is a great entertainer and has introduced jiving to thousands of the younger generations.

That's a bit harsh. Nathan Carter is a great entertainer and has introduced jiving to thousands of the younger generations.

Wagon Wheel :-)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Word has it that Garth Brooks is making a come back with a tour in 2014.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

In all fairness is it any wonder its not selling well withe fcukin brezzie and ham sandwich on a side note did anyone hear the rumours of metallica and ac/dc for next years slane now that would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Wagon Wheel :-)

Love the song, hate his version!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Maybe the choice of music helps ilovesleep to get to sleep.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    In all fairness is it any wonder its not selling well withe fcukin brezzie and ham sandwich on a side note did anyone hear the rumours of metallica and ac/dc for next years slane now that would be good

Metallica will be fcuking deadly.

Profiler wrote: »
    Maybe the choice of music helps ilovesleep to get to sleep.

Oi!

Buble is great I'll have you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Oi!

I fell asleep three times trying to read that post... I still haven't reached the bottom of the list yet!

I get as far as Robbie Williazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Isolt wrote: »
    I would have gone had the support act not been Bressie. I was already a bit disappointed that it was in an awkward location and seeing the support act kind of made me make up my mind.

I have been to many of their concerts and they've always been good fun but I can't say trekking to Slane and hearing Bressie and the Coronas is particularly appealing...

I felt the exact same, when I heard Bressie and Hamsandwich were the support I just went :rolleyes:and decided not to go. But now I see there is loads of tickets about on Adverts so I might wait till Thursday and see if I can get one for €40, that's all they're worth if the support is going to be that woeful IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Eh it has the crowd that sing ho hey.....The Ramones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Wouldn't be surprised. Every radio station are trying to give away tickets.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Eh it has the crowd that sing ho hey.....The Ramones.

I went and checked my ipod for the spelling. It's The Lumineers

I went and checked my ipod for the spelling. It's The Lumineers
    Shoot em in the back now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Zaph wrote: »

Looks like Nic Cage gotten old/ on meth, or the guy from Machette

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Could it possibly be anything to do with the face that he cut his price in Spain, giving the Spanish cheaper tickets.

Did all the people that were going to buy tickets think, "Hang on, shure I wait a bit, he's bound to reduce the price, and I'll get 2 tickets for the price of 1."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Metallica will be fcuking deadly.

Metallica have been ****e live for almost a decade, its just heavy metal karaoke at this stage

Advertisement