Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC one Bargain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

looters wrote: »
    Seems like I will actually make money by getting this new phone....Question is, is this phone better than my iphone 3gs 16gb?

The vast majority of people in the know would regard it as better than the IPhone 5, so it's a massive step up from your current phone. The best on the market along with the Samsung Galaxy S4 when it comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,085 ✭✭✭✭unkel

batistuta9 wrote: »
    18*25 = €450 not 400 + 45 = €495

Oops, my bad!

Still the phone retails at over €500, so I get free 18 months of phone use. And at the end of the contract I can sell my phone for about €200. I have no idea how they can do a deal like this, perhaps Nokia are heavily subsidising the new Windows Phone 8 phones?
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    you're tied to a 18 month contract, the cpw deal is only 12

So I have an extra 6 months of free use :)

And yeah, mine's with Meteor too, so free Meteor calls / txts...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

As far as I know, that plan (200 min/text 1gb data) is available for €15 now through meteor, it used to be €25 but dropped to 15, so I wonder can you drop to the lower priced plan and get the same allowances after a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

cormie wrote: »
    As far as I know, that plan (200 min/text 1gb data) is available for €15 now through meteor, it used to be €25 but dropped to 15, so I wonder can you drop to the lower priced plan and get the same allowances after a few weeks?

Is that not the SIM only tariff though cormie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is that not the SIM only tariff though cormie?

the site is saying 25euro sim only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm not sure, was cancelling a meteor contract the other day which was 25 eur for 200m/200t/1gb data and the guy in the cancellation team suggested moving to the same plan but for 15eur a month, I said no but to move to it for the last 30 days of the cancellation period. I'm not sure if it's a "loyalty team" offer or what so?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭conor2ka

Monthly cost:

€25.41

It is only for 12 months then 30.50 for 6 months

where is this offer ? how much for phone itself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Got it for 130 as an upgrade and they're going to credit 30euro to my account, so 100 really

Went on a new 18 month contract same as I had before, 400 mins, 400 txt, 2GB data for 25.42 per month

I didn't even need a new phone I have a lovely unlocked HTC Desire :eek::confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Got it for 130 as an upgrade and they're going to credit 30euro to my account, so 100 really

Went on a new 18 month contract same as I had before, 400 mins, 400 txt, 2GB data for 25.42 per month

I didn't even need a new phone I have a lovely unlocked HTC Desire :eek::confused::pac:

What sort of package are you on John?
    I'm looking for an upgrade and wouldn't mind a deal like yours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm curious too, it's showing me the same deal but for €50-odd a month.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I spoke to Carphone Warehouse about this offer at lunchtime, the €100 cashback on the HTC One expired on Sunday. That offer is however now available on the Sony Experia Z.

The Meteor plan was €35 a month over 12 months, or €30 a month over 18 months. Both with €229 down for the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

ballooba wrote: »
    I spoke to Carphone Warehouse about this offer at lunchtime, the €100 cashback on the HTC One expired on Sunday. That offer is however now available on the Sony Experia Z.

The Meteor plan was €35 a month over 12 months, or €30 a month over 18 months. Both with €229 down for the phone.

Can't find the 12 month plan online. How many minutes/text/data?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    Can't find the 12 month plan online. How many minutes/text/data?
    200 mins, 200 texts, 1GB & Free Meteor to Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

I tried to get a pay monthly phone with meteor last week, unfortunately I was turned down at the credit review stage.

It was a little surprising as I have been bill pay with meteor and then three for over ten years now, luckily my bank don't use whatever arbitrary measure meteor currently uses as I was approved for a substantial mortgage the next day. Maybe I should jointly apply for my phone with my wife!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I tried to get a pay monthly phone with meteor last week, unfortunately I was turned down at the credit review stage.

It was a little surprising as I have been bill pay with meteor and then three for over ten years now, luckily my bank don't use whatever arbitrary measure meteor currently uses as I was approved for a substantial mortgage the next day. Maybe I should jointly apply for my phone with my wife!!

having been a bill pay customer and wanting to change plans I called them and was told I wanted to cancel so I could get the new plan. was put onto loyalty and told I had would cancel if they didn't give me the new plan so I agreed and got it no issue.
    the fact there is no stipulation on the 25.41 plan being for new customers only didn't have any bearing for meteor...odd

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

mytime wrote: »
    It's worth going through fatcheese for this as you MIGHT get €30 cash back

https://www.fatcheese.ie/cashback/meteor/

Tell me more, I will be a new pay monthly customer ??

Advertisement