Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Tan or Burn?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pinkpetal

Aidric wrote: »
    Gingers don't tan.

I do :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

kingcobra wrote: »

:eek::eek: That does not look pleasant at all!! How the heck is he smiling?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    :eek::eek: That does not look pleasant at all!! How the heck is he smiling?!!

He is pleased with his tan.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Festy wrote: »
    He is pleased with his tan.:pac:

Haha. I doubt it. I have decided that he was pleased when he first noticed a warm change in colour hence the grin but the transition to searing pain and stiff happened instantaneously, he didn't even have the time to change his facial expression to reflect his pain. He is worried that if he even blinks, cracks will appear in his skin. I feel sorry for him, forever unable to show his pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm always amazed at how many irish people get burned when the sun comes out. You could spend a month in Italy and you wouldn't have as many red people as you would in a week of sunny weather in Ireland. Wear sun screan ffs and don't lie in the sun all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Burn baby burn! Depends what part of my skin. I burn most of the time then tan or stay burnt for a while and then tan but fades or sometimes I tan straight away, be red for a while then tan as soon as but rather built up tan gradually but no such thing as a safe tan! I only really wear shorts when its very warm. I tend to cover up otherwise. I wait till after midday to head to the beach when its nice, not to hot, and get cooler.

Conscious of the sun, fair skinned too. So I am careful out in the sun as I could pass out from too much heat. I like a bit of heat and sunshine but I like it pleasant but like the shade too! I always wear moisturiser and make up with spf and top up my sun lotion as often miss spots but then again might not burn or tan at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

doovdela wrote: »
    Burn baby burn! Depends what part of my skin. I burn most of the time then tan or stay burnt for a while and then tan but fades or sometimes I tan straight away, be red for a while then tan as soon as but rather built up tan gradually but no such thing as a safe tan! I only really wear shorts when its very warm. I tend to cover up otherwise. I wait till after midday to head to the beach when its nice, not to hot, and get cooler.

Disco inferno :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm sallow to start with and have brown eyes and hair.
    Sallow: of a greyish greenish yellow colour.
    Liver problems?

I'm naturally inclined to tan but prefer to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

I burn. I've decided to be happy in my Irish skin which is pale - I now sport it rather than resort to tanning lotions etc. which I think just look orange. I have really 'white' skin that just needs minding.

I'm Irish, I'm pale, I like my skin and I'm going to wear it with a little pride, even in the cold when it's a purple blue kind of colour, it's mine and feck it that's just the way it is.

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I burn a bit but it generally turns to tan.

Got burnt last monday, but now have a nice cyclist tan of completely white hands, brown forearms and lower upper arm, white shoulders and tanned legs from about 2 inches above my knee down to my ankle :)

I'm just glad that I didn't get too much in the face or I'd have nice white sunglasses marks too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Disco inferno :D

Burn this baby down. Remember there is no fire without smoke. Fire kills in minutes, smoke kills in seconds. Woof woof.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Norfolk Enchants

doovdela wrote: »
    I tend to cover up otherwise. I wait till after midday to head to the beach when its nice, not to hot, and get cooler.

The warmest time of the day is around 3pm, not noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thankfully I tan easily. What amazes me is the amount of people who don't tan easily, will still just go out and roast themselves. Fools.

Thankfully I tan easily. What amazes me is the amount of people who don't tan easily, will still just go out and roast themselves. Fools.

Year in, year out - I keep encountering the same people complaining about being sun burnt. Went for a pint in the local earlier. I just knew x, y, and z would be in there as red as a rentboys arse. When they go on the holidays abroad 'it was great but I got burnt on the first week so had to stay indoors for a few days'.

Put on some cream , lads. Use a high factor and work your way down. This aint rocket science.

Aidric wrote: »
    Gingers don't tan.

Gingers with a lot of freckles generally dont. But gingers without tend to tan. A sun kissed ginger is very attractive. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

I've found easing gradually is OK. I've brown hair and eyes but won't go instantly brown.

I'm speaking from when I lived in Jersey and I would be careful and get a little bit burnt on the first day and lash on just loads of moisturisor and stay out of it until it settled. And again then next beach day. On the third time you'd be getting acclimatised and get nice and tanned. Still loads of moisturisor always.

chakotha wrote: »
    I would be careful and get a little bit burnt on the first day

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I hate seeing people sunburnt... Mind your skin ffs!

I'm a redhead. Not a freckly one, but I don't tan. I don't burn as easily as some but I always wear spf 15, year round. Piz Buin Once a Day in factor 30 if it's sunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I'm a redhead. Not a freckly one, but I don't tan. I don't burn as easily as some but I always wear spf 15, year round
    Seriously? Like in the cold and rainy months too?

Seriously? Like in the cold and rainy months too?

Most moisturisers sold on the European market would carry a spf of 15, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I tan while burning ny nipples

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Yes, of course. What is one going to do? Stay indoors?

Of course. I haven't been to seriously hot places but moisturiser/ aftersun was always sufficient for Jersey sun - Brittany. 28-30 ish.

I was in south France once and it was over 40 and that really was just 'stay in the sea until it cools down' :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

There's something weird going on in this thread, but I'm not sure what it is.

Advertisement