Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

180kmph into the hard shoulder, very near crash

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

I see nothing wrong with tallons driving I just see an insignia driving like an idiot.

Yeah he slightly tailgates the golf indicating the wrong way.

So says alot about what that person ability to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

zenno wrote: »
    Mary are we in the fast lane or the slow lane ? what county are we in mary etc..........

What is the fast lane??? Lane 1 and lane 2 I thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭Photoshop

I would be more pissed off with the idiot in the Golf who thinks he owns the overtaking lane.

Caused the whole mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Anan1 wrote: »
    Abuse is no substitute for rational argument. You put 'these guys are scumbags' together with 'I think travellers are scumbags' and ended up with 'these guys are travellers'. That's not just racist, it's poor reasoning too.

Stop being an asshole Anan1.. No one said that.. I certainly didn't

Stop trying to be smart.. you're really not.. you're coming across as a dick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    fairly shoite driving from yourself up the arse of the golf at motorway speeds.

Okay, I'll bite...

I didn't.. the car in my lane (Lane 1) slowed down when he realised he was being undertaken... I moved to Lane 2 to pass him as he was now going slower than me... when I did, the golf seen the terrible driving and slowed down, causing me to become close him, in which I started to back off... as I did, he indicated to pull back into Lane 1 so I increased speed to go overtake him and go back to Lane 1 in front of him!

Anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Scumbags, travellers ... doesn't matter, driver should be locked up! Undertaking on the hard shoulder and nearly ended up going into the truck.

I struggle to understand how people are more concerned about protecting the "good" name of the travellers.
    3 people were killed near me last week and sensible driving would have prevented it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

When I lived in Germany first thing I learned on the AB was that when you see a brake light going on hit your own brakes too. Handy when travelling at 160kmph.

Second thing I learned was drive with your lights on, ALWAYS. You notice other cars more quickly and they notice you more quickly. You tend to make sure to get out of others way fairly lively.

Next was motorway etiquette. You never, ever block somebodys progression, no matter how fast you are driving and what the speed limit is. If someone comes up behind you you get out of their way. In turn if you come upon a slower driver who for whatever reason does not notice you behind them you firstly indicate in the direction of the non existent lane (i.e. letting them know you want to pass), then flash and lastly (as a rare and last resort) beep them to tell them to get out of your way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

What absolutely shocking driving :eek::eek: That driver needs to be locked up.

Fair play to ya Tal for posting the video here, there is no way I would post a video of my driving on boards the way people judge it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fairly shoite driving from yourself up the arse of the golf at motorway speeds.

In fairness the Golf is making a complete mess of that "overtake" .. sitting out in the outside lane for a good 30 seconds with the indicator flashing barely advancing past the SUV AND drifts left towards it (at 50 seconds) before he eventually moves back in.

That sort of shyte annoys me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    In fairness the Golf is making a complete mess of that "overtake" .. sitting out in the outside lane for a good 30 seconds with the indicator flashing barely advancing past the SUV before he eventually moves back in.

That sort of shyte annoys me too!

He's fairly slow at getting past alright. I'm guessing the indicator being left on is because be's not Irish. I've noticed while driving on the continent that many drivers leave their indicator on for the entire time they are in the overtaking lane. It must be taught somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's fairly slow at getting past alright. I'm guessing the indicator being left on is because he's not Irish. I've noticed while driving on the continent that many drivers leave their indicator on for the entire time they are in the overtaking lane. It must be taught somewhere.

Careful now or you'll be branded a "racist" too :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

biko wrote: »
    How do you know they were travellers?

who else would drive a white insignia with a ball hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yeah,we're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement