Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

180kmph into the hard shoulder, very near crash

• 08-06-2013 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Literally could not believe what I was seeing!

Car came flying up behind me in heavy traffic, flashing and beeping.. pulled in to let him by and then this :eek:

Car full of travelers giving me the finger and 'tosser' symbol as they pass, then did this with a breakdown truck and van in the hard shoulder up ahead! (One of the lads was under the van changing the wheel :eek:) went straight from the hard shoulder to the overtaking lane, and they back into the hard shoulder. Undertook a few more cars, then got off at newbridge

Crazy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Stolen car? Sure looks like it. Scum like that need to be off the road. Preferably in a small barred room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Get outta da way ya feckin innacent fool ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Rock on Boss..

Idiotic behaviour though..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How do you know they were travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

biko wrote: »

Well they weren't standing still were they? Had to be going somewhere! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'll bite...

I assume they had the typical traveller haircut.. 0 on the sides, slicked back on top and the usual inbred looking moon face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Tank tops, home made hair cuts and they were all called John-Joe!

Seriously though, they were.. Don't start that shíte! And every moron who thanks your post!

They were travelers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭rocky

How do you know they were doing 180? were you doing 150? :)

Lights on the truck parked on hard shoulder look like fires, what dashcam do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭rocky

Tallon wrote: »
    Tank tops, home made hair cuts and they were all called John-Joe!

Seriously though, they were.. Don't start that shíte! And every moron who thanks your post!

They were travelers!

Are you sure they weren't Romanians? :rolleyes::p

rocky wrote: »
    How do you know they were doing 180? were you doing 150? :)

Lights on the truck parked on hard shoulder look like fires, what dashcam do you use?
    Dash cam is a cheap crap one! We both know how I know they were doing that speed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The reason I asked is that making out that these scumbags are travellers is trying to paint travellers in a bad light without proof, which is racism.
    It's the same when Dubs call all scumbags knackers, which is the old term for travellers. Same with pikeys.

The reason I asked is that making out that these scumbags are travellers is trying to paint travellers in a bad light without proof, which is racism.

It's the same when Dubs call all scumbags knackers, which is the old term for travellers. Same with pikeys.

That's not what I was doing, and you know that!

If it was a woman, I would have said 'stupid woman'

And I think I provided pretty concrete proof that they were being assholes

It's not the same way as what you mentioned! 'Travlers' is what they are and like to be called, hence why I didn't say the terms you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Doubt that's stolen, regularly see it rocking around newbridge, any amount of different drivers though.. All ragging the bolix out of it.

Same few boys had a race on the newbridge-Naas dual carriageway this time last year, one (passat) went on the overtaking lane of the correct side, and the other (passat cc) was in the overtaking lane the far side of the median I.e into oncoming traffic.. It was early On a Sunday morning, I had overheard them in a petrol station saying 'race ya to Smithfield, go go go'

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's not what I was doing, and you know that!
    Sure it is.
    If it was a woman, I would have said 'stupid woman'
    If you knew that it was a woman.
    And I think I provided pretty concrete proof that they were being assholes
    But not that they were travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

In a way, it might have been poetic justice if they HAD slammed into the back of that tow truck - a worthy Darwin Award nomination for sure - but ONLY if nobody else was harmed in any way...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Okay video.

Terrible soundtrack.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Sure it is.

If you knew that it was a woman.

But not that they were travellers.

You're an idiot... And a troll by the looks of it!

Sorry I didn't get a photocopy of their birth certs :rolleyes:

PC brigate i call youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

CaptainPlanet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

- How do you know she is a witch
    - She looks like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Maybe they were "Russian":)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

ubs69 wrote: »
    Maybe they were "Russian":)

Were they wearing furry hats or just in a hurry?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sammy_Jankis

Well people were sitting in the outside lane so he probably picked the safest option! I've often thought of this as it does my head in.

You're an idiot... And a troll by the looks of it!

Sorry I didn't get a photocopy of their birth certs :rolleyes:
    Abuse is no substitute for rational argument. You put 'these guys are scumbags' together with 'I think travellers are scumbags' and ended up with 'these guys are travellers'. That's not just racist, it's poor reasoning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

fairly shoite driving from yourself up the arse of the golf at motorway speeds.

Anan1 wrote: »
    Abuse is no substitute for rational argument. You put 'these guys are scumbags' together with 'I think travellers are scumbags' and ended up with 'these guys are travellers'. That's not just racist, it's poor reasoning too.

Yet you always argue in hindsight and nit pick incessantly.

Perhaps he should have asked them to pull over to discuss the matter.

Yet you always argue in hindsight and nit pick incessantly.
    What does that even mean, 'argue in hindsight'? You might think pulling people up on racism is nit-picking - I don't.
    Perhaps he should have asked them to pull over to discuss the matter.
    Perhaps he should have left the matter out - I don't recall anyone enquiring after their ethnicity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

21641456.jpg

I'm sorry Biko, but I could spot a traveller a mile off.

First of all they are an ethnic group not a race and secondly if you don't like an observation made by a regular poster who actually posts his own content rather than picking at other peoples posts apart then i guess that sucks for you,

I bet you have fun playing chess choosing a colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lets not play that game. You just know.

Minority of course ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Who was that really bad driver in the black car in front of you with his/her right indicator flashing when we all know there is no right turn anywhere there and then decides to flaunt the fast lane and only cops on to turn his/her left indicator to move into the slow lane ?.

Never mind the travellers but i am more worried about that dope indicating the wrong way and stupefied as to the direction they are going...Let's indicate for an invisible right turn mary pass me my glasses mary i can't see s*it blocking the fast lane... Mary are we in the fast lane or the slow lane ? what county are we in mary etc..........