Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children urinating in public

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dr.Funke

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I have a 4 year old. Only trained not too long ago (after 2 years of trying he got it in less than a week, go figure :rolleyes:)

He has went to the bathroom in public less than a handful of times, only when the nearest toilet was ages away. You can't help it, kids don't have the control we have. But I have always went somewhere very discreet and I make sure to keep things clean.

I saw the worst thing in the world, it broke my heart. A young girl (I would say about 6/7) on the DART begging her mother to get off at Pearse Street, she said she was going to burst. The mother was on the phone and not paying attention. I swear, the child cried as the urine flowed down her leg. The mother made a show about her embarrassing her in public! The child begged and the bítch was so involved in a conversation regarding seeing her friend for coffee that it happened. I wanted to fling the cow onto the tracks!

Any parent that does not bat an eyelid at their child peeing in public for no good reason near toilet facilities needs to be heavily fined. I blame the "laissez-faire" or plain "don't give a sh*t" parenting for the brattish behaviour of many children these days.

Jesus that's terrible behaviour by the mother. Poor kid :(

I completely agree though about the parents not batting an eyelid. Some don't seem to care.
    josip wrote: »
    I can throw a stone further than many a toddler can hold it when "dey gotta go". I'd always choose to bring our lad behind a tree than have to use a filthy public/semi-public toilet. I'm surprised if anyone who has children would feel differently. As for those who don't have children taking an interest in their peeing...

I mentioned in my OP that on every occasion a toilet was close by, and two of the kids I seen where not at an age where they where only recently potty trained.

One time I was visiting a friend, and we were standing in her garden, overlooking the green area which is surrounded by houses and we seen a young girl going at one of the trees while her mother lay on the grass sunbathing.

I have children myself but I don't think there's anything odd about people noticing a child pissing at a tree like an animal while the mother is lying down and most likely too lazy to bring the poor child in to the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

Dr.Funke wrote: »
    I mentioned in my OP that on every occasion a toilet was close by, and two of the kids I seen where not at an age where they where only recently potty trained.

I have children myself but I don't think there's anything odd about people noticing a child pissing at a tree like an animal while the mother is lying down and most likely too lazy to bring the poor child in to the toilet.

Sorry, I lost sight of your original post after reading through the other replies.
    I think you're right if the parents are aware of what these older children are doing/need to do and don't bother to encourage them to use the nearby toilet.

I found "like an animal" a bit strong from someone who has children but maybe that's just me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

This might be an unpopular opinion, but who cares? If you're not pissing in such a way that someone's going to walk through it and soak themselves, and if you do it somewhere that people hopefully won't walk through it, then I don't really see the problem. Ideally you'd use a toilet, but it's only natural. No other animals use toilets.

I wouldn't do it for the same reason I wouldn't want someone in my own bathroom while I pee, but the fact that it's against the law to go in a public place is a bit OTT I think. It's not really harming anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Lisha wrote: »
    The world is not your urinal people.
    No tissue no tushie

technically we should be allowed pee wherever...we are animals like, there hasn't always been toilets. in short yes, the world is your urinal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

I think giving a little bit of pee-way to a child is ok, whether they choose to pee on flowers or their father who is preoccupied chatting with somebody or their mother etc. who is preoccupied chatting to somebody and peeing on their pants is ok because it's a wake up call down the leg - and given directly as children often do.

After all, they are not adults, they are children. Now if it was some hairy adult who decided the need to have a pee on my car or gate or business front I think I would have a problem. Find a toilet, find a bush etc. but don't find somebodies property or a public place to flash your bodily needs, we don't need to see it.

Children are different, they have a need and if it's not met they do their best in any circumstance - hence the reason why we don't see serial piddlers as adults, it's not something that is fostered in the young -

We just see adults who like peeing in public and are too lazy or couldn't care less about who they expose themselves to because they feel the urge and never thought of using the toilet.

Give out about adults peeing in public, no problem! Give out about a child and really it doesn't quite live up to the outrage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement