Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children urinating in public

Options
  • 08-06-2013 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

The past few weeks I've noticed a number of kids urinating in public and I think it's terrible for the parents to be letting them/telling them to do this.

Fair enough if you're down a country road miles from anywhere but all three I've seen in the last few weeks had toilets close by.

Every time I seen it they were close to a bathroom, either their own or a public one.

These where young kids but not young enough that they are only being potty trained.

I would never encourage any of my children to do this.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this somehow acceptable now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The world is not your urinal people.
    No tissue no tushie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

They can hardly hold as much piss as and adult would you rather they piss themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dr.Funke

They can hardly hold as much piss as and adult would you rather they piss themselves?

Two of them where literally a stone throw away from their houses. And as I said they where old enough to be potty trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Dr.Funke wrote: »

If you're a male over 18 I'd bet a thousand euro that you've pissed in quite a few inappropriate places when you were full of gargle....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Dr.Funke

Celticfire wrote: »
    If you're a male over 18 I'd bet a thousand euro that you've pissed in quite a few inappropriate places when you were full of gargle....

Yes I may have pissed down a lane one time or another but I think it's the wrong message to be giving kids and the fact they're doing it so open in public.

Adults do a lot of things they wouldn't encourage their kids to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,938 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Two of them where literally a stone throw away from their houses. And as I said they where old enough to be potty trained.

How do you know that they lived in the houses?

Kids being potty trained and being able to hold for a while are totally different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Meh its wrong but shag it,ya gotta go ya gotta go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Who cares if the odd child has to go behind a tree? Would you rather waste water flushing the toilet instead of helping the grass grow? Are you opposed to breast feeding in public places too? Maybe stay indoors in case something else offends your eyes. This country is going down the tubes.

Urine: The Ultimate Organic Fertiliser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Won't someone please think of the children.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'd say they were just taking the piss to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tobias, ok fine Dr. Funke, what have I told you about being an analrapist? What about anustart?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

As a child I was about 6 and in a carnival fairground and absolutely bursting for a pee, my father was talking to some woman he knew and my mother was some where nearby too. There was no toilets at all nearby and I asked my mom could I pee and she took me over to my father for him to take me somewhere to pee.

Anyway he was lost in conversation and I was so bursting that I turned into my fathers leg and pissed in on him and it ran down the leg of his trousers which he only realised after a few seconds. My mother and the woman he was talking to thought it was hillarious and it still gets talked about over twenty years later. What can I say a kids got to pee! I can just about remember it, at the same carnival my ticket was after winning 1,000litres of heating oil the same evening so it was still a good evening, at 6 I apparently asked could I have an ice-cream instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

No harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I was in town a few weeks back in the middle of the day and seen a kid of about 10 or so with his Dad. Kid decided he needed to Pee, so opened his pants there and then and prepared to go on a closed shop door. The dad just grabbed him and yanked him away hissing, "you can't do that now, it's too busy!" As opposed to when it's not busy, it's totally cool to just let your kid Pee on a shop door?
    There were toilets no more than 100 meters away. They cost 20c mind :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Enjoy the sunshine and stop f*cking whinging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

The past few weeks I've noticed a number of kids urinating in public and I think it's terrible for the parents to be letting them/telling them to do this.

Fair enough if you're down a country road miles from anywhere but all three I've seen in the last few weeks had toilets close by.

Every time I seen it they were close to a bathroom, either their own or a public one.

These where young kids but not young enough that they are only being potty trained.

What are ya.? a do gooder.?

Everybody gets caught short.

What the **** is the harm in a kid having a pee.?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,938 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Just on this. Why is OK for people to allow house trained animals wee on the road but not a person? It's same stuff in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Obviously I wouldn't condone it but sometimes, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go. Most children are unable to grasp the concept of "hold it until we get to a toilet", they have weak bladders and can panic when they are bursting to go but there's no toilet.

If there is no toilet near by and the only other option is for the child to wet him/herself (which would be humiliating) then I think its perfectly okay for a child to urinate in public.

I remember when my nephew was being potty trained, he'd give about 2 minutes warning that he needed to go before he'd end up wetting himself.

Sometimes they just can't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I don't mind kids peeing as long as it's outside.

I was sitting waiting for a train a few weeks ago and a woman and man came over and sat beside me on the bench. They then proceeded to change their baby's dirty nappy beside me in full view of a busy train station. I nearly got sick from the pungent odour and obviously walked to the furthest point from them to wait.

The charge for the toilets was only 20c like.. what the fup?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

imo the OP is a peado watching kids pee and all :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

i once saw a little girl who started 'leaking' at a train station. The mother was beside her and completely oblivious.

Wouldnt worry me. Piss is good fertiliser anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Where is this?
    There are no public toilets in Dublin, and in my view this appalling lack of provision should give Dublin lads carte blanche to piss against walls. Either build some public toilets or else pass a law requiring businesses to let non customers use theirs, but to have no toilets in town for people who are away from home is completely mad.

And yes I know the argument about junkies etc, but the simple fact is that people need to piss and to have the capital city of a country with absolutely nowhere for the general public to piss is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Where is this?
    There are no public toilets in Dublin, and in my view this appalling lack of provision should give Dublin lads carte blanche to piss against walls. Either build some public toilets or else pass a law requiring businesses to let non customers use theirs, but to have no toilets in town for people who are away from home is completely mad.

And yes I know the argument about junkies etc, but the simple fact is that people need to piss and to have the capital city of a country with absolutely nowhere for the general public to piss is ridiculous.

and the ladies?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

No public toilets because they cost too much and it stops people going in to places and buying something just so they'll be allowed use the jax. Oh yea and scumbags, they can possibly be blamed as well

No public water fountains because that would put Mr. Ballygowan out of business.

Most cities are designed this way though. The idea is to make people spend money, not make sure they have a place to piss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Id rather my small fella pee' against a tree or something than have to take him into a public toilet! Filthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Kichote wrote: »
    No public toilets because they cost too much and it stops people going in to places and buying something just so they'll be allowed use the jax. Oh yea and scumbags, they can possibly be blamed as well

No public water fountains because that would put Mr. Ballygowan out of business.

Most cities are designed this way though. The idea is to make people spend money, not make sure they have a place to piss

Which is why I support pissing in public, almost a sign of protest I suppose. I've never been in another city that didn't have the occasional public toilet.
    Of course, my usual tactic is to wander into McDonald's on Grafton Street and use their jacks under the pretense that I'm "Just waitin' for a mate!" to actually get a McDonald's with ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

The lack of public toilets in our large cities contributes to inner-city decay and boarded-up shops. For the older generation, the demographic who have most disposable income today, unpredictable bladder function is a common and serious inconvenience. Solution: stick to out-of-town shopping centres because they have plenty of toilets and they are convenient, well-maintained and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Kichote wrote: »

Free public toilet's equal undesirables and drugs, So its better to have people, kids included to piss on the street sure we couldn't have people using free public toilets and coming out as full blown drug addicts after a slash..;)
    What would the tourists think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have a 4 year old. Only trained not too long ago (after 2 years of trying he got it in less than a week, go figure :rolleyes:)

He has went to the bathroom in public less than a handful of times, only when the nearest toilet was ages away. You can't help it, kids don't have the control we have. But I have always went somewhere very discreet and I make sure to keep things clean.

I saw the worst thing in the world, it broke my heart. A young girl (I would say about 6/7) on the DART begging her mother to get off at Pearse Street, she said she was going to burst. The mother was on the phone and not paying attention. I swear, the child cried as the urine flowed down her leg. The mother made a show about her embarrassing her in public! The child begged and the bítch was so involved in a conversation regarding seeing her friend for coffee that it happened. I wanted to fling the cow onto the tracks!

Any parent that does not bat an eyelid at their child peeing in public for no good reason near toilet facilities needs to be heavily fined. I blame the "laissez-faire" or plain "don't give a sh*t" parenting for the brattish behaviour of many children these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭josip

I can throw a stone further than many a toddler can hold it when "dey gotta go". I'd always choose to bring our lad behind a tree than have to use a filthy public/semi-public toilet. I'm surprised if anyone who has children would feel differently. As for those who don't have children taking an interest in their peeing...

Advertisement