Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Fly person or a Spider person?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Nothing worse than a prick of a fly who keeps landing on you every few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I used to be an arachnophobe but now I don't mind spiders, unless they're in my bed they don't bother me too much.

Flies, on the other hand, annoy the **** out of me and I have developed some ninja skills with a rolled up newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have at least three spiders in my room right now - building huge webs in the corners to catch he flies. Who needs insecticide, eh? :P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I absolutely HATE flies - they are so filthy. But I wouldn't kill them. I chase them around the house and direct them to open windows and doors. Slimy, disgusting things. I don't like spiders either but as long as they stay out of my bed, I leave them be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You have to have serious mental disturbed issues if ya think flies are preferable over spiders. FFS, spiders protect us by killing germ carrying flies!!

• Advertisement

The Biggest....Focking.... Spiders....I've ever seen live in a shed on a newish estate in Swords.

That said, I'd kill a fly quicker than a spider.

Though if it was big enough to need a shotgun, them fookin zombie super spiders are GETTING IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just be sure you don't swallow a fly. It's not going to end well ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm pretty meh about both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I had a cat who used to chase spiders and flies and play with them, then he would eat them..

Then the cat died..

Now I have spiders and flies..

I don't mind spiders..

Flies can **** off away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I hate flies, the worst being bush flies. Little fcukers try fly up your nose, in your mouth, attack your eyes. AARRRGGHHH:mad:

Spiders I like. Fascinating creatures:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

ScumLord wrote: »
    :eek:

Hahaha!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Anything with more than 4 legs is unnatural, so therefore I despise flies and spiders equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I'm a spider man.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Flies are more annoying, tried shoeing one out the kitchen window earlier, he went everywhere else except the open window, eventually he made it out, same story the other night in the bedroom, wouldn't go through the open door. Spiders usually easy to trap and shove out the door and don't make noise or fly around your head

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Team Spider ftw. Fly was a smug, if resourceful, bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Flies here are alright, but yeah I do squash them like they are hippies.
    No fly zone in my house.

Mozzies in other countries are a pain in the ass, drinking blood off some dead rat/dog and then biting you and squirting some of their last meal into your blood stream to get a free drink off you.

Vampires, disease spreader and spoilers of pale Irish white skin.

I hate them. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

<

<<
    >>
    <<
    >>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

There's something about spiders that I don't like but flies annoy the fcuk out of me, so big up to the spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Definately spiders, I especially hate those blue flies that are around this time of year.

They are hard to kill as well.

I don't mind wasps though, I think they are useful because they kill flies.

Advertisement