Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a Fly person or a Spider person?

Options
  • 07-06-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

In my experience there are two kinds of people in this world:

Those who hate spiders, and those who hate flies.

Which one are you?

Me? I despise Flies with every fibre of my being. A spider will leave you alone and sit quietly in corner doing nothing (except kill flies)

But Flies....oh ho flies...they roll around in ****, fly into your gaff, vomit all over your food, lay their eggs and then proceed to buzz and the room for hours pissing everyone off - dickheads!

With this good weather I'm very busy killing every fly I see with extreme prejudice.
    No fly enters my domain and survives - if flies had their own folklore, my house would be referred to as "The Valley of the Dead"; none who enter ever return!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I prefer spiders over flies, but I'd still favour it if they'd both fuck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm pretty fly for a spider guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Spiders; for the same reasons you describe op.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Spiders, of course.

Have you seen the NOPE thread lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Neither of them bother me too much.

Wasps on the other hand......*slowly grows apoplectic in rage

• Advertisement

what do you call a fly without wings?
    a walk

I know, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

donvito99 wrote: »
    Spiders, of course.

Have you seen the NOPE thread lately?
    I got a few posts into that thread and had to quickly leave :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Spiders are cools they just sit there been all spidery. Flys get all up in ur face. Dont get me started on wasps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In my experience there are two kinds of people in this world:

Those who hate spiders, and those who hate flies.
    How could anyone have anything other than complete contempt for flies?

I don't think there's any such thing as a fly person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Im holding off saying anything till August when those scumbag wasps surface again.
    Waiting around in open cans of Coke like that woman in the supermarket who then drank the coke and wasps dying instantly in the cereal aisle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't think there's any such thing as a fly person.
    Seth Brundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Who the hell LIKES flies?! Dirty icky annoying buzzing things. Trying to sleep with one flying around the room, aaaagh :mad:

I don't particularly like spiders, but they pretty much just leave you alone. Plus they eat the annoying flies, so that's a plus in their favour too.

Meangadh wrote: »
    Trying to sleep with one flying around the room, aaaagh
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

There is absolutely no better feeling than punching a fly mid-flight.

If you haven't done so yet I highly recommend it. You'll never feel more like Jackie Chan.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly i don know why she swallowed a fly perhaps she'll die

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Your OP is exactly what I try telling the OH but noooooo! Spiders are lumped in with those filthy disease carrying pests. Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spiders rule! I never disturb them in the summer esp in corners as they mop up the flies and small bugs.

I have a little lizard living in my house. It eats the spiders and the flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

mike65 wrote: »
    Spiders rule! I never disturb them in the summer esp in corners as they mop up the flies and small bugs.
    I always get rid of them whenever possible. Can't take the chance that it's a pregnant female who'll drop 100's of babies *shudders*

• Advertisement

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly i don know why she swallowed a fly perhaps she'll die
    A fly isn't so bad, she should be ok as long as she doesn't eat any other insects.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Actually I've just thought of it - this Summer I'm deffo buying loads of carnivorous plants, gonna make my gaff a no fly zone - hopefully they'll snaffle up a few midges while they're at it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I quite like spiders :) who on earth likes flies??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I prefer flies. There's no fun to be had behind a girl's spider...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Spiders for me, hate flies, no matter what size they are. Durrty yolks :mad:

@ Seachmall, just today was making a cuppa tea, and happily slapped a "tiny" fly to the floor tiles in the kitchen, yep, very enjoyable :)

Didn't bother stamping on it, made the tea, then headed out to sit in the sunshine. Can't stamp on them, or it'll rain (or is that just spiders?) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Because I live in Ireland, I would go with Spider. However in a foreign country, I'd go with fly.

That's class. I especially like the bit where the cat humps his leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jackie_1

If I have to choose it would be fly as I'm scared of spiders. But I don't really like flies either.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I don't really like either especially after last night, I was lying in bed reading my book when I felt something on my arm and I brushed it off then before I fell asleep I got up to go to the toilet and there on my bed was a big enough spider. When I closed my eyes then all I could see was spiders. eeewww

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

usually I open a door or window and the flies fack off, spiders don't take the hint and require squashing or hoovering up.

Advertisement